Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 71682 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
Jack didn't seem to be calming down and actually was getting a little louder in speaking, ":scotland: 's still duckin' rude even if you didn't see nor hea' the collars, this is a person's yard next to a town, use your 'ead, what'd ye 'ave done 'ad you hit em and then found out it was someone's animal then?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #676 on: February 03, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »
Jack didn't seem to be calming down and actually was getting a little louder in speaking, ":scotland: 's still duckin' rude even if you didn't see nor hea' the collars, this is a person's yard next to a town, use your 'ead, what'd ye 'ave done 'ad you hit em and then found out it was someone's animal then?"

:scotland: "Apologized profusely for the error, offered restitution, and avoided conflict," Axel said, speaking in unusually clipped tones. "Or do you think I would stab them as well?"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #677 on: February 03, 2020, 02:07:49 PM »
:scotland: "Apologized profusely for the error, offered restitution, and avoided conflict," Axel said, speaking in unusually clipped tones. "Or do you think I would stab them as well?"

":scotland: Yes. Yee've given me no reasons not to regret interactin' with the whole lot of yeh' so far! Yoah' magi een't got no concept o' wardnets an wandered off into that mists oh' that dream to poke a' gods know whot' yah knowin'ly brout folk that can'nnae even breath the air in som' places, and yah don' have the decency tah not attack stuff that could be pets oar livestock."

Jack had, over the course of his tirade grown hoarse from talking so much and had devolved into harder accented words and phrases making his speech far harder to understand before he finally threw his hands up and turned to stalk off into the night.

The gate guards had probably heard some of it before he strained his voice enough for it to collapse back into a hoarse whisper.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #678 on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
":scotland: Yes. Yee've given me no reasons not to regret interactin' with the whole lot of yeh' so far! Yoah' magi een't got no concept o' wardnets an wandered off into that mists oh' that dream to poke a' gods know whot' yah knowin'ly brout folk that can'nnae even breath the air in som' places, and yah don' have the decency tah not attack stuff that could be pets oar livestock."

Jack had, over the course of his tirade grown hoarse from talking so much and had devolved into harder accented words and phrases making his speech far harder to understand before he finally threw his hands up and turned to stalk off into the night.

The gate guards had probably heard some of it before he strained his voice enough for it to collapse back into a hoarse whisper.

Axel's anger had lapsed into confusion by about a third of the way into Jack's rant. After he left, Axel kept an eye on his retreating form, eyes glimmering.
Then he turned, and silently padded back to the tank. Ylva followed him.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #679 on: February 04, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
Anne had tensed when she had heard some shuffling, but it turned out only to be badger. She watched from the sidelines with a tense look when Axel and Ylva tried to hunt it down without success.
Her heart did a leap though when the very, very tall companion of them got out of nowhere.
:denmark: "Dear-", she hissed quietly and tried to keep herself composed. It was a little hard when Axel and Jack got into a heated argument though in this unknown language. Anne crossed her arms and waited on the sidelines patiently until the tall man disappeared into the dark of the night.

As much as she didn't like the man to go on his own, it was his area and he knew about it. However, Axel was another story.
Anne walked quickly after him and showed around with her torch.
:sweden: "What was that?" she asked from him and stared Axel.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #680 on: February 05, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »
Anne had tensed when she had heard some shuffling, but it turned out only to be badger. She watched from the sidelines with a tense look when Axel and Ylva tried to hunt it down without success.
Her heart did a leap though when the very, very tall companion of them got out of nowhere.
:denmark: "Dear-", she hissed quietly and tried to keep herself composed. It was a little hard when Axel and Jack got into a heated argument though in this unknown language. Anne crossed her arms and waited on the sidelines patiently until the tall man disappeared into the dark of the night.

As much as she didn't like the man to go on his own, it was his area and he knew about it. However, Axel was another story.
Anne walked quickly after him and showed around with her torch.
:sweden: "What was that?" she asked from him and stared Axel.

Axel growls something in heavily accented Swedish that sounds highly derogatory towards the tall man.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #681 on: February 05, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
Axel growls something in heavily accented Swedish that sounds highly derogatory towards the tall man.

Elin had zoned out. She was staring blankly at the ember's of the fire for a good bit, then she heard voices. Elin ran over to where the voices were coming from, standing there was Anne, Axel, Jack, and a weird small dog. ":sweden: Ah, sorry I didn't catch up with you guys! I was... busy."

She looked to Jack, ":sweden: What's new guy doing here?"

Then glared confusedly down to the strange dog, ":sweden: ...and what's up with this weird large rat?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

The man stood at the door and listened the adamant words of Runar. His wrinkly face scrunched up and he looked with annoyance at him.
"God no, I'm not. Sometimes I just feel like going on and off - little lucid if you get it."

He shrugged and stretched his arms. He had still a stern look on his eyes.
"There are just some questions I want to ask from you two. Miss there looks like she wants to have a cup of coffee at least."
The man pointed gently at Sanni and smiled to her.

Sanni's recklessness faded at being addressed so directly, and she glanced up at Rúnar for confirmation. :iceland: "Shall we? It's worth exploring. I think."[/u]
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #683 on: February 11, 2020, 03:21:25 PM »
Sanni's recklessness faded at being addressed so directly, and she glanced up at Rúnar for confirmation. :iceland: "Shall we? It's worth exploring. I think."[/u]

"It does not appear he is dangerous. But I am mostly defenseless like this, so please, at the very least refrain from looking directly into his eyes" Rúnar cautiously said.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #684 on: February 24, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »

Anne sighed and she really didn't have energy for this. The woman turned around to look the trails of tall man, but he had disappeared already a long time ago.
All she could do was to deduce something out of this. It was clear that they shouldn't wander here and look for the beasts that might be lurking. Anne really needed to talk about this tomorrow with the whole crew and possibly with the locals.
Oh good grace, she really needed to learn this language. She glanced at Axel.

:sweden: "You need to teach me their language", Anne said with a determined look that didn't falter, but her expression was tired.

Elin had zoned out. She was staring blankly at the ember's of the fire for a good bit, then she heard voices. Elin ran over to where the voices were coming from, standing there was Anne, Axel, Jack, and a weird small dog. ":sweden: Ah, sorry I didn't catch up with you guys! I was... busy."

She looked to Jack, ":sweden: What's new guy doing here?"

Then glared confusedly down to the strange dog, ":sweden: ...and what's up with this weird large rat?"

Anne looked at Elin who had caught them and shrugged as she continued to walk towards the tank.
:sweden: "No idea, all I got is that we shouldn't really be here."
Anne huffed quietly.
:sweden: "Looks like all we can do is to take care of the tank. We need to communicate with the locals and soon at tomorrow."

"It does not appear he is dangerous. But I am mostly defenseless like this, so please, at the very least refrain from looking directly into his eyes" Rúnar cautiously said.

The man nodded to them with a small laugh and motioned towards the insides.
"It isn't too cozy in here, but what you can do. Things are sometimes like that."

He walked inside into the stone building but unlike it's outer core, the inside had a soft light. Even though it was moist and slightly chilly, the electric light flickered warmly. Small gas stove looked like the years had taken a good toll on it. The couch was littered with few clothing and there was a wooden door to another room. For some reason it seemed to be smaller than expected and the furniture inside didn't match. The walls were made out of wood.
The man walked inside and started to hustle around his stove.

"It's little weird, I know, but make yourself feel like in home. Wonders that the stove works at all, ha", the man rambled on. His talk seemed to trail off time to time, but then the sharp look was back on his face again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:13:44 AM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2020, 04:33:55 PM »
Anne sighed and she really didn't have energy for this. The woman turned around to look the trails of tall man, but he had disappeared already a long time ago.
All she could do was to deduce something out of this. It was clear that they shouldn't wander here and look for the beasts that might be lurking. Anne really needed to talk about this tomorrow with the whole crew and possibly with the locals.
Oh good grace, she really needed to learn this language. She glanced at Axel.

:sweden: "You need to teach me their language", Anne said with a determined look that didn't falter, but her expression was tired.

Axel nodded. :sweden: "Tomorrow," he said flatly.

Temteno

« Reply #686 on: February 25, 2020, 02:38:19 AM »
Axel nodded. :sweden: "Tomorrow," he said flatly.

Anne blinked few times with a surprise but gathered herself. She didn't expect a positive answer to that since it had been just a moment's spur and her expression in the torch's light told that. A small, pleased smile appeared to her face.
:sweden: "Works for me. Thank you."

Anne glanced at the tank which was now in her sight and cleared her throat quietly. It was embarrassing, but she had to report this mishap to Amelia tomorrow. She shrugged her shoulders and glanced behind her to Elin.
:sweden: "Let's get sleep now...every one of us. Looks like our new guy doesn't like us looking around here", she said and patted quietly the tank. Adrenaline had masked her tiredness, but it was getting back.

:sweden: "We will solve this tomorrow - and possibly continue onward."
Not that she had too much to say on that in the end.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2020, 09:26:16 AM »
Axel slept, and dreamed.

A memory.

Three men approached him as he chopped wood. Fall was in full force, and winter would come soon enough. Axel watched them. All armed. One on the left with a shotgun, the other two with pistols. Suits. Pinstripes.

"You're a hard man to find, 'Fenrir'," the one in the middle said. "Living all the way out here."

Axel said nothing. He merely turned to face the trio, axe held loosely in one hand.

The three levelled their weapons. "Ah, ah ah," Middle Idiot cautioned. "Be a shame to start something, right?"

"You're here to kill me," Axel said calmly.

"You've crossed a line, wild man. Your little smuggling operation pissed off Sven something fierce. Now, let's-"

Axel moved.

Screaming started, and ended just as quickly.

Solokov

« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »
Dawn broke and found Jack awake and explaining stuff to the town sentries. He looked like he hadn't slept all night.

" :scotland: ...anyway only one of them knows how to speak the language, he's the one that tried to harpoon the badger last night....the rest of them... Seem sane?... But there was that bit with a frypan too so I dunno... Wishin' I hadn't got involved in with them but that die got thrown out pretty quick..."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
Axel was already awake, making breakfast for everyone with the aid of a small campfire and some of the supplies. His sleeves were rolled up, exposing a mixture of old scars and ancient burns dotting his forearms - nothing out of the ordinary for a veteran troll hunter or Cleanser, but still an alarming number of injuries.
Ylva attacked a large thigh bone happily - where she'd gotten it, nobody knew, but she seemed to be having fun with the femur.