Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72560 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #660 on: January 15, 2020, 03:28:29 AM »
The man raised his eyebrows and looked lost there for a moment. Her let out a hearty laugh and pointed with his small gardening shovel at Runar and Sanni.
"Mage? Well that's not a word I've heard for some time."
He took a plastic watering can and watered some flowers. The mist got heavier but it didn't seem to damp his mood.
"I would consider myself a one, too. A world that is about sterile hospitals sometimes forgets about the 'touch of nature', don't you think?"
He walked towards them slowly and with shaking hands and unsteady legs.

"Want a cup of coffee? I don't get a lot of visitors - actually nobody visits here."
The man continued his walk to a doorway and just didn't stop talking.
"Before this I thought this all was just some limbo. The end of the world happened after all."

"...I apologize, I did not realize you were a lost soul. Do you require assistance to move on?" he asked. He now definitely had a hood cover his eyes. And was standing in front of Sanni. Just in case.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #661 on: January 15, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »
The man raised his eyebrows and looked lost there for a moment. Her let out a hearty laugh and pointed with his small gardening shovel at Runar and Sanni.
"Mage? Well that's not a word I've heard for some time."
He took a plastic watering can and watered some flowers. The mist got heavier but it didn't seem to damp his mood.
"I would consider myself a one, too. A world that is about sterile hospitals sometimes forgets about the 'touch of nature', don't you think?"
He walked towards them slowly and with shaking hands and unsteady legs.

"Want a cup of coffee? I don't get a lot of visitors - actually nobody visits here."
The man continued his walk to a doorway and just didn't stop talking.
"Before this I thought this all was just some limbo. The end of the world happened after all."

"Flamethrower-!"
Anne rubbed her arm and let out a small, strangled sigh. This was a bad idea, she already regretted this with these maniacs. The unease didn't still ease though and it just grew her paranoia.
However, she hoped for stealth mission.

Anne jogged ahead of Axel and Elin. She turned to face them and slowed slightly her jogging pace.
:sweden: "I sensed something out there - which shouldn't be a surprise at night. However, it feels too close, if you get what I mean."
They walked on the streets of the small, abandoned town. Rusted cars were laying around, everything was taken by nature and anything wooden had crumbled down already.
Unknown signs had fell apart. Anne's eyes darted everywhere - there were so many places to hide and it was a night.

When the campfire's light faded, Anne took her torch and was ready to lit it up.
:sweden: "What I got, the villagers guard this city. Do they guard all the time though? Maybe they just take care of the village center all the time."
She coughed.
:sweden: "We shouldn't split up for the sake of safety, but we should take one block at a time and go through it. How that sounds?"

Anne tried to follow her instincts. She turned her torch on and turned around the corner, walking towards the frontier of the village.

Axel considered for a long moment as he followed Anne, then stabbed the air directly behind him.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #662 on: January 15, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »
Axel considered for a long moment as he followed Anne, then stabbed the air directly behind him.

Jack crept along the eve's of the building he was atop to keep an eye on Axel and Anne.

'.... For what purpose... Does he really think there's invisible things that can be just stabbed like that?'
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:31 AM »
"...I apologize, I did not realize you were a lost soul. Do you require assistance to move on?" he asked. He now definitely had a hood cover his eyes. And was standing in front of Sanni. Just in case.

Sanni rolled her eyes behind her hands, edged around Rúnar, and looked out warily from between her fingers.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

The man stood at the door and listened the adamant words of Runar. His wrinkly face scrunched up and he looked with annoyance at him.
"God no, I'm not. Sometimes I just feel like going on and off - little lucid if you get it."

He shrugged and stretched his arms. He had still a stern look on his eyes.
"There are just some questions I want to ask from you two. Miss there looks like she wants to have a cup of coffee at least."
The man pointed gently at Sanni and smiled to her.

Solokov

« Reply #665 on: January 27, 2020, 11:34:03 AM »
A quiet shuffling and snuffling drew the attention of Anne and Axel, out of the darkness loomed a thing.

Well loomed is an overstatement, it was a rather small creature, a bit smaller than the average working dog. It had gray speckled fur with a black and white striped face and a short stubby tail. It sniffed in their general direction then resumed snuffling at the ground and digging into the soft dirt to get at something buried there.

It certainly looked healthy.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:19:23 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
A quiet shuffling and snuffling draws the attention of Anne and Axel, out of the darkness looms a thing.

Well looms is an overstatement, it's a rather small creature, a bit smaller than the average working dog. It has gray speckled fire with a black and white striped and a short stubby tail. It sniffs in their general direction then resumes snuffling at the ground and digging into the soft dirt to get at something buried there.

It certainly looks healthy.

Axel considered the badger.
:norway: "These things are delicious, you know. Pain in the ass to catch, but delicious."
Ylva looked at the badger, and tilted her head sideways, tongue lolling out of her mouth as she panted.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 11:45:17 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #667 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
Axel considered the badger.
:norway: "These things are delicious, you know. Pain in the ass to catch, but delicious."
Ylva looked at the badger, and tilted her head sideways, tongue lolling out of her mouth as she panted.

The badger stopped it's digging and snuffed at Axel and Ylva before resuming it's digging.

A snuffing noise from the dark beyond anyone's sight  answered the badger. It seems there was more than one.

From ylva's perspective, the second badger sounded far larger than the young badger digging in... That is definitely someone's garden. It was hard to tell from the low light to the humans, but there was definitely the scent of a person's blood sweat and tears that has gone into the worked earth and plants growing there.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:18:08 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #668 on: January 27, 2020, 02:51:14 PM »
The badger stops it's digging and snuffs at Axel and Ylva before resuming it's digging.

A snuffing noise from the dark beyond anyone's sight  answers the badger. It seems there's more than one.

From ylva's perspective, the second badger sounds far larger than the young badger digging in... This is definitely someone's garden. It's hard to tell from the low light to the humans, but there is definitely the scent of a person's blood sweat and tears that has gone into the worked earth and plants growing here

Ylva barked loudly.
Axel nodded, and threw his harpoon at the badger.

Solokov

« Reply #669 on: January 27, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »
Ylva barked loudly.
Axel nodded, and threw his harpoon at the badger.

Ylva's barking attracted the attention of the badger and it saw the harpoon coming. It lazily rolled out of the way and disappeared into the night with a light clinking of metal on metal as it moved away.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #670 on: January 27, 2020, 04:21:18 PM »
Ylva's barking attracted the attention of the badger and it saw the harpoon coming. It lazily rolled out of the way and disappeared into the night with a light clinking of metal on metal as it moved away.

Axel frowned, and yanked on the rope tied to his wrist, pulling the harpoon back to him. He drew his knife with the other hand. "Ylva, hunt," he ordered, before following the wolf as it charged after the badger.

Solokov

« Reply #671 on: January 27, 2020, 04:54:18 PM »
Axel frowned, and yanked on the rope tied to his wrist, pulling the harpoon back to him. He drew his knife with the other hand. "Ylva, hunt," he ordered, before following the wolf as it charged after the badger.

Jack lightly dropped off the eaves and landed in the garden and darted past Anne, Axel and Ylva before spinning on his heel and planting himself between them and the retreating Badgers. He speaks in an angry whisper.

":scotland: what the hell are you doing?!"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #672 on: January 27, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
Jack lightly dropped off the eaves and landed in the garden and darted past Anne, Axel and Ylva before spinning on his heel and planting himself between them and the retreating Badgers. He speaks in an angry whisper.

":scotland: what the hell are you doing?!"

:scotland: "Badger hunting," Axel replied in a bored tone.

Solokov

« Reply #673 on: February 03, 2020, 10:05:38 AM »
:scotland: "Badger hunting," Axel replied in a bored tone.

Jack stared at Axel for a solid three or four seconds a mixed bag of confusion, anger and a little tinge of fear roiling over his face before he managed to at least outwardly lock that down into an icy stare before he let out a quiet whisper, though he did grow louder and more animated the longer he spoke.

":scotland: what kind of ass backwards country where you comin' from th' yet firs instin' on seeing a living animal, much less some wit' a colla' and jangly bits signifyin' 's someone's pet o' familliar, tha' yer firs' instint... Is ta trow a damn harpoon at it!
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #674 on: February 03, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »
Jack stared at Axel for a solid three or four seconds a mixed bag of confusion, anger and a little tinge of fear roiling over his face before he managed to at least outwardly lock that down into an icy stare before he let out a quiet whisper, though he did grow louder and more animated the longer he spoke.

":scotland: what kind of ass backwards country where you comin' from th' yet firs instin' on seeing a living animal, much less some wit' a colla' and jangly bits signifyin' 's someone's pet o' familliar, tha' yer firs' instint... Is ta trow a damn harpoon at it!

":scotland: One where pets that aren't feline are rare," Axel said flatly. He did not seem intimidated in the least by Jack's staring. "Also one where meat that isn't infected and trying to kill you is rare."
Ylva growled at Jack, hackles raised, until Axel thumped the butt of his harpoon on the ground, at which point she returned to him and sat at his side, panting.
":scotland: Second, my vision must be going, because neither of those things had a collar that I could see."