Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72551 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2019, 06:58:10 AM »
:norway: "Yes, that is us"

Amelia would like to talk with Vilma, but the woman made a good point.

:norway: "Good, great. The message is: Scotland has survived, there are people here. Encountered man in the lighthouse named Jack, speaks what i assume is Scotlandic, and very bad Norwegian. He has talked of other locals, possibly multiple settlements, hard to get details. Currently testing him for immunity. If we get location of a settlement, will change route to it, establishing communications are priority. Otherwise, will continue on planned route"

The woman started writing with a solemn expression, but her handwriting turned shaky and few lines went off when she actually heard the information.
Humans are there. Humans in a Silent World...?! Wait what-

She sweated and was glad that her jacket was now on the table. What is even this information?
:norway: "So uh, let me make sure  I'm writing right. There are humans in the Silent World, possibly settlements also", she said with oddly more high-pitched voice.
It felt abnormal to even say the information. She had to stay quiet about it though, it would break the privacy protocol to say about this.

Well this was a bizarre night. She just had been playing solitaire like every day.
:norway: "-And you will change the route depending of where are settlements", she continued and rubbed her temples, sigh accidentally slipping out.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #346 on: September 17, 2019, 07:21:18 AM »
The woman started writing with a solemn expression, but her handwriting turned shaky and few lines went off when she actually heard the information.
Humans are there. Humans in a Silent World...?! Wait what-

She sweated and was glad that her jacket was now on the table. What is even this information?
:norway: "So uh, let me make sure  I'm writing right. There are humans in the Silent World, possibly settlements also", she said with oddly more high-pitched voice.
It felt abnormal to even say the information. She had to stay quiet about it though, it would break the privacy protocol to say about this.

Well this was a bizarre night. She just had been playing solitaire like every day.
:norway: "-And you will change the route depending of where are settlements", she continued and rubbed her temples, sigh accidentally slipping out.

Amelia just stared at the radio in front of her. 'I should have expected this. I don't know why i didn't expect this. This is heavy information'

:norway: "...big news, huh? They'll have to remake the council logo after this" Amelia chuckled "You know what, that's good enough. Yes. Bring that message to Holmsquist, tell her to reply soon. Arctic Fox over"

Temteno

« Reply #347 on: September 17, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
Amelia just stared at the radio in front of her. 'I should have expected this. I don't know why i didn't expect this. This is heavy information'

:norway: "...big news, huh? They'll have to remake the council logo after this" Amelia chuckled "You know what, that's good enough. Yes. Bring that message to Holmsquist, tell her to reply soon. Arctic Fox over"

The woman wasn't so tense after Winter's comment, but she still rubbed her temples. Thank god she was just a puny military member in a remote ship - and even there just on a radio station. She didn't need to take care of this crap, she just delivered the message forward.
:norway: "I hope not, otherwise I'm recruited to paint the ship's logo", she let slip up and exhaled. This once at least, because she wasn't ready for this information. For once, the woman thought that sleep would do good to her.

Thinking about giving just that message to Holmvquist sounded fun though. Besides, it was just her job to deliver the message forward. The woman took new paper and wrote the information there.
:norway: "...very well. Blå Kjell over, changing back to channel 16."
If there were people on that part of Silent World, it would be best to get ready for distress and accident calls.

"̴͖̻͙̥͍̫̻͒͑͆ͧ̂̿̃I ̼̫͈m̲͉͎įs͔̰̜̗͉̗̱̽ͭͣ̋͂̌̓s ̩͇̦͎͚̹ͦ̋̐͐͆͑ṫ̰̰̎he̡̲̫m̡̖̺̥̆ͣͫ,ͭ̐̾ͨ̔҉̗̞̥̯̰ ̀̾͂͌I̱̞̻̗̳̅̈̑ͭͯ̚ͅ m̹̟͍̠̙͚̳ͫ̓͊̍̑ͦ͆i̗͎̼̟͓͐̉ͯ̆͂s͙̯͔̞̹s̭̣͗̆ ̠tḧ̢̙e̦̙̤̙̤͑ͦͪ̊͐͜m̸̫̫̹͛ͬ̑ s͇̞͍̮̹̥̆ͮͦ̈́͛̇o͞ ̽͑͒ͭ͏̮̪̟̦m̻͌u̡ͭ͌̿́͐̍c̯̘̹̱͇̰̐̔̉ͣ̈́̾h ̭̮̤̗ͅOhH̞͕̬̞̭̣̬͐̎̔̽̌̊̒"̱̖̲̰̞
The black noises got louder. She ignored them. When shift change would come, she would hit the bunk immediately and then tell the message to Holmvquist at morning.

The woman continued playing solitaire, paper with heavy information in her pocket.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:45:50 AM by Temteno »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #348 on: September 17, 2019, 10:07:51 AM »
Jack arched an eyebrow, ":scotland: .... there's immunity to that?..."

It seemed that he had calmed down considerably now that someone was explaining things to him.

After almost a minute of contemplation he carefully approaches Sanni.

"Huvaa nah?"

[Bad :norway: "what now?"

:norway: "This only takes a moment." Before the skittish man could protest, Sanni pushed up his left sleeve and stabbed him with the syringe. :norway: "Thank you," she said, "You're good to go, I'll have the test results in a few minutes."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »
Elin clambered out of the tank shortly after hearing all the commotion.

":iceland: Sorry, I got- uhm- distracted," she said, not wanting to admit she'd spent several minutes staring at the keychains hanging from the rearview mirror.

Elin took in everything, the stange man, Sanni holding a needle by the strange man, the fact that there actually was a strange man alive in the silent world. " :iceland: What the hell is going on out here?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:13:43 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2019, 10:52:52 AM »
:norway: "This only takes a moment." Before the skittish man could protest, Sanni pushed up his left sleeve and stabbed him with the syringe. :norway: "Thank you," she said, "You're good to go, I'll have the test results in a few minutes."

Jack blinked in confusion. In the low light his pale, almost silvery skin under his sleeves looked surprisingly clean despite his disheveled and messy appearance.

He flinched and rubbed his arm and moved back to the rock from before and quietly dug through his messenger bag for a disused warding kit. It consisted of a few raw wooden plates, paint and ground up herbs. He sat down in the dirt and got to work on replicating some of the warding plates. They looked visually the same as he started finishing them.

The movement of magic as Jack worked was blatantly noticable to anyone that could perceive it. Despite Jack's magic flowing around his hands and tools as he worked the warding plates he made just don't have any spark of energy to them unlike the older lacquered warding plates.

Despite the scarf wrapped around his face, Jack's frown was evident to anyone who took the time to study his features. He sighed, dismissed his telling look and started to set the plates out around the tank in a circle. The twelve plates were no further than 5 meters from each other making a rough 20 meter diameter circle around the tank and part of the trailer.

While the 'fake' warding plates didn't seem to affect the circle one way or another, they definitely were projecting some form of magic that was practically identical to the runes on the tank and trailer. That said it was spread out and patchy in places.

Jack surveyed his work and proceeded to pull out a light woolen blanket that had been nearly wrapped around something in his messenger bag and began setting up a spot to sleep just inside the circle.

where he'd chosen to sleep looked to be the weakest point in the magical net he'd cast around the camp.

Oddly, the blanket bundle contained a stringed instrument. If anyone was knowledgeable about them, it was a plain, if well worn looking, violin.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:17 AM »
Sanni bent over the immunity kit and fiddled for a few minutes with various pieces of medical equipment. Finally a smile broke across her face and she stood. :iceland: "He's immune!" And then, again in Norwegian, she called: :norway: "Jack! You're immune!" Having delivered her message, she sank back down to the ground and began packing up the immunity kit, stowing the used syringe in a plastic bag.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2019, 11:28:02 AM »
Sanni bent over the immunity kit and fiddled for a few minutes with various pieces of medical equipment. Finally a smile broke across her face and she stood. :iceland: "He's immune!" And then, again in Norwegian, she called: :norway: "Jack! You're immune!" Having delivered her message, she sank back down to the ground and began packing up the immunity kit, stowing the used syringe in a plastic bag.

Jack looked up from his work setting up the wardnet, shrugged and resumed his work.

Spoiler: ooc • show

It's a big post so I'd say it's safe to say a lot of stuff could happen while he was doing that.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2019, 12:03:45 PM »

:norway: "Good. If he plans to go in the tank, he will still require some cleaning up. Who knows where he has been..." Rúnar said. "Do not touch him anymore if he is not disinfected."

He was cleaning up after dinner, washing the bowls and pot they used, and getting everything neat and tidy.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2019, 08:55:57 AM »
After eating and finishing their tasks, the group on the tank started to get ready for sleeping. The debate of Jack sleeping outside was solved by Runar having a watchful eye over him.
Night started to go on and while others were knocked out, Runar was awake and sewed a rune on on Sanni's jacket.

Around a midnight, everyone was fallen asleep and only small eyes gleamed through the grass. They watched over the tank, staying on their place for a long time. When the sun started to crawl up, the eyes retreated to the shadows of cliffs. Only rustling could be heard.

When sun got slightly more up, rustling could be heard again. This time there came a figure with agile jogging and tired posture. Anne's jogging got sloppy, when she was close to the tank and the woman sighed. She whined and got into the back unit to do the cleaning of her clothing. Protocol needed to be followed or else she would get yelling.

Tired Anne dropped her every item and the outer jacket to the back unit. She didn't bother to pick them up and walked instead to the tank's door that Runar had promised to leave open. The weird human slept on the ground and Anne squinted her eyes.

The woman opened the door and scrambled inside. She kicked her boots out.
:denmark: "M'rning", she grumbled under her breath to Runar and tried to slightly shake him.
:denmark: "Is the leader awake? I wanna get soon to sleep."

Anne looked very grumpy.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »
After eating and finishing their tasks, the group on the tank started to get ready for sleeping. The debate of Jack sleeping outside was solved by Runar having a watchful eye over him.
Night started to go on and while others were knocked out, Runar was awake and sewed a rune on on Sanni's jacket.

Around a midnight, everyone was fallen asleep and only small eyes gleamed through the grass. They watched over the tank, staying on their place for a long time. When the sun started to crawl up, the eyes retreated to the shadows of cliffs. Only rustling could be heard.

When sun got slightly more up, rustling could be heard again. This time there came a figure with agile jogging and tired posture. Anne's jogging got sloppy, when she was close to the tank and the woman sighed. She whined and got into the back unit to do the cleaning of her clothing. Protocol needed to be followed or else she would get yelling.

Tired Anne dropped her every item and the outer jacket to the back unit. She didn't bother to pick them up and walked instead to the tank's door that Runar had promised to leave open. The weird human slept on the ground and Anne squinted her eyes.

:denmark: "M'rning", she grumbled under her breath to Runar and tried to slightly shake him.

Anne looked very grumpy.

Axel had slept sitting up behind the passenger chair, having found that he couldn't stretch out fully on one of the bunks. Ylva had claimed the actual chair as Her Spot.
The moment Anne approached, Axel's eyes opened and he stood up, collecting his shield and harpoon from where they'd been close at hand.

He then grinned, and slammed the shield against the side of the tank, producing a ringing sound that was guaranteed to wake everyone up.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »
Axel had slept sitting up behind the passenger chair, having found that he couldn't stretch out fully on one of the bunks. Ylva had claimed the actual chair as Her Spot.
The moment Anne approached, Axel's eyes opened and he stood up, collecting his shield and harpoon from where they'd been close at hand.

He then grinned, and slammed the shield against the side of the tank, producing a ringing sound that was guaranteed to wake everyone up.

Suddenly a shield slammed against the tank and the whole tank ringed. The noise pierced Anne's ears and her eyes opened wide. She panicked and her whole body went rigid in mere seconds. The woman tried to run safe, but she hit her head immediately to something and a horrified shriek left her mouth.

Anne knelt down in pain.
:denmark: "Why would you do that?!" she asked from Axel and held her head.

Solokov

« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2019, 09:30:48 AM »

Anne looked very grumpy.

Jack, to his credit had slept quite still during the night and due to the twigs and leaves in his unkept mane, one could be forgiven for potentially mistaking him for a log. That said with the sun on him he didn't lay there long as he sat up stretched and took up a spot on the rock he'd leaned against the night before.

He quietly chewed on some hard tack and jerky as Axel woke everyone with a shieldslam against the tank, and his head instantly swiveled around to look for anything woken up by the shriek from Anne.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »
Suddenly a shield slammed against the tank and the whole tank ringed. The noise pierced Anne's ears and her eyes opened wide. She panicked and her whole body went rigid in mere seconds. The woman tried to run safe, but she hit her head immediately to something and a horrified shriek left her mouth.

Anne knelt down in pain.
:denmark: "Why would you do that?!" she asked from Axel and held her head.

Axel shrugged. :norway: "People needed to be woken up."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:42:08 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »

Anne looked very grumpy.

Rúnar woke up from beeping of the proximity alarm, but he relaxed when it was just Anne. He was just about to tell her everyone was still asleep, when Axel decided to be an idiot.

:norway: "...she's awake now" he said. "You got decontaminated?"

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de: