Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72551 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »
Axel nodded, not speaking as he stalked towards the tower silently. Ylva followed. Both of them made no sound as they passed.
As they drew closer, Axel holstered his pistol and drew a long, slablike knife to replace it, the shield going up on his other arm. His eyes scanned their surroundings constantly.

Rúnar followed, slightly more relaxed. Or at least, looking more calm. He was pretty sure Sanni would see something in the lighthouse, if there was anything to be seen. And his cat was also calm on the top of his head. Or, well, terrified. Of the dog, not the lighthouse.
Wild animal, if anything.
He'd think it just a spirit if Axel couldn't see it too.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
Amelia raised an eyebrow.

:norway: "I didn't expect to have any contact so soon, seems like the silent world is anything but. No objections here, we should check it out. Two stay, four go. Someone needs to keep an eye on the troll-detector on the tank's dashboard while we are split. I want to have Rúnar along up there, but we need the tank to be mobile. Elin and Sanni, does any of you know how to drive this? If not, i'll stay with Sanni while the rest of you go".

She took her rifle off her shoulder and checked that the internal mag was full and that a round was chambered. No need to flip the safety off yet though.

Anne tightened her belt and nodded.
:sweden: "I would like to go there", she said and let her hands fall on her hips, glancing the tower.
The woman glanced the both men though, who already went ahead towards the tower. She waved her arm to the others and sprinted after them, feeling that if she let her eyes off from anything any moment, she would miss something.

Anne tried to jog quietly and stayed on their tails, glancing around the white tower. It had slightly crumbled and plants grew around it.
:sweden: "If there's a tight staircase, someone should stay down and monitor the door area so that nothing comes from down at least", she tried say to them. Anne had to keep her walking very brisk to keep up with the men.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:59:53 PM by Temteno »

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:24 PM »
Amelia raised an eyebrow.

:norway: "I didn't expect to have any contact so soon, seems like the silent world is anything but. No objections here, we should check it out. Two stay, four go. Someone needs to keep an eye on the troll-detector on the tank's dashboard while we are split. I want to have Rúnar along up there, but we need the tank to be mobile. Elin and Sanni, does any of you know how to drive this? If not, i'll stay with Sanni while the rest of you go".

She took her rifle off her shoulder and checked that the internal mag was full and that a round was chambered. No need to flip the safety off yet though.

Elin thought for a moment. She could drive, even though she wasn't very good, but she didn't really want to be the driver for this trip. 

Elin  spoke up anyway, ":sweden: I can drive, just keep in mind I'm not very good. I'll stay back here with Sanni."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »
Jack looks around in a panic and is unable to come up with a reasonable plan of action as the unknown people draw closer.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »
Axel reached the base of the tower very quickly. The crumbling door offered about as much resistance to his kick as balsa wood, shattering under his boot as the huge man strode in, and began ascending the staircase carefully, obviously wary of being attacked.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »
Axel reached the base of the tower very quickly. The crumbling door offered about as much resistance to his kick as balsa wood, shattering under his boot as the huge man strode in, and began ascending the staircase carefully, obviously wary of being attacked.

Rúnar twitched. :norway: "You don't know what quiet means, do you" he said, following him inside. Kitten was still not worried about the situation.

Solokov

« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2019, 04:24:38 PM »

Jack let's out a startled 'meep' as Axel crashes through the rotted wooden for and spins around from where he was standing at the base of the spiral stairs leading up into the lighthouse and throws his hands up, smacking them on the ceiling in the process.

:scotland: "I surrender! Please call off the bear!
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2019, 04:28:06 PM »
Jack let's out a startled 'meep' as Axel crashes through the rotted wooden for and spins around from where he was standing at the base of the spiral stairs leading up into the lighthouse and throws his hands up, smacking them on the ceiling in the process.

Axel stopped dead. :norway: "Well shit, a human. And I know that language..."
He sheathed the knife. :scotland: "Sorry. Thought you were a troll. Didn't expect to find living people."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »

:norway: "What the-"

Axel stopped dead. :norway: "Well s***, a human. And I know that language..."
He sheathed the knife. :scotland: "Sorry. Thought you were a troll. Didn't expect to find living people."

:norway: "What the- HUMAN??? HOW???" Rúnar looked deeply disturbed. First of all, the man (debatable) was abnormally tall. Second of all, nobody should be alive in the Silent World.
"Stand back" he ordered Axel. He took the kitten off his head and approached the man (debatable). He lifted the kitten so it was at the height of the man's (debatable) face.

The kitten remained undisturbed, and gave him a boop on the nose.

Solokov

« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
Axel stopped dead. :norway: "Well s***, a human. And I know that language..."

Jack arches an eyebrow, ":scotland: what is... 'troll'..?" he asks warily testing the word as Rúnar approaches with the cat.

:norway: "What the-"

:norway: "What the- HUMAN??? HOW???" Rúnar looked deeply disturbed. First of all, the man (debatable) was abnormally tall. Second of all, nobody should be alive in the Silent World.
"Stand back" he ordered Axel. He took the kitten off his head and approached the man (debatable). He lifted the kitten so it was at the height of the man's (debatable) face.

The kitten remained undisturbed, and gave him a boop on the nose.

He blinks his unnaturally green eyes and flinches backwards smacking his head into a rusted metal screen, a part of the stair well behind him.

"Ow, what is that language.. is it customary to have a holy critter smack any new people you meet in the face? So many questions?"

He's rambling quietly.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2019, 04:44:51 PM »
Jack arches an eyebrow, ":scotland: what is... 'troll'..?" he asks warily testing the word as Rúnar approaches with the cat.

He blinks his unnaturally green eyes and flinches backwards smacking his head into a rusted metal screen, a part of the stair well behind him.

"Ow, what is that language.. is it customary to have a holy critter smack any new people you meet in the face? So many questions?"

He's rambling quietly.

Rúnar still didn't look fully convinced. He returned the kitten on the top of his head and dug around his pockets until he took out a piece of paper with something drawn on it. He held it out for the tall man to take.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2019, 04:46:08 PM »

He's rambling quietly.

:scotland: "Big, made of flesh, hates sunlight and people, made by the Rash?"
Axel regarded the human flatly, almost predatorily. "And cats don't like their lot, so you're not infected."
:norway: "We sure got in trouble fast," he muttered.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »
Axel regarded the human flatly, almost predatorily. "And cats don't like their lot, so you're not infected."

:iceland: "He could be sick, even without my kitten knowing. Cats cannot detect early stages of the disease. We must not allow him come close to the mage girl until at least two weeks have passed. If it even is a human" Rúnar mumbled back, waiting for the man to take the paper.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
:iceland: "He could be sick, even without my kitten knowing. Cats cannot detect early stages of the disease. We must not allow him come close to the mage girl until at least two weeks have passed. If it even is a human" Rúnar mumbled back, waiting for the man to take the paper.

Axel shrugged. :norway: "Could just shoot him if he turns out to be some freaky thing. And possibly burn the corpse. That usually works."

Solokov

« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »

Jack arches his other eyebrow, ":scotland: .... You described fiends...horrible things... I sometimes get paid the lure them away from villages and farms..."

He gingerly takes the paper glances at it and goes to his thoughts, 'they... Don't seem like Britons... Accent wrong... Lost Norman's maybe? Here to hunt the Britons?'

"Are... You from across the sea?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,