Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72540 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:36 PM »
Meanwhile, on deck, Axel continued to do things to the frog-beasts that, if they were human, probably would have been enough to land him in front of a war crimes tribunal.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
Sanni paused and looked up. :iceland: "It's okay. I know what I signed up for. Don't apologize." She turned back to her work. "Oh, and please don't tap your fingers. Sorry, it's distracting."

" :iceland: oh sorry, sorry," Elin quit her finger drumming and switched to tapping her foot more rapidly, giving Sanni an awkward smile.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2019, 01:16:46 AM »
Anne got herself up after some time from the floor. Her head pounded and her back and limbs ached, but it all felt so trivial compared to what had really just happened.
Her eyes looked at the staircase, where was the dead body of the creature and then at Elin, who was being fixed by Sanni. She almost stumbled when she walked close to them with shaken expression.

:sweden: "Are everybody else okay?" she asked, knowing well that Elin had just been bitten by the look of the wound. Anne patted dirt off herself and tried to stay collected.
It got past her so quickly. No, she just didn't focus enough-
Anne almost pressed her palms on to her face, but dropped them awkwardly to clean off her clothing.

:sweden: "I'm sorry", she said with a tightened expression. "This won't happen ever again."
It was her job not let something like this happen.

-

Vilma had already stood up to go and help, when fell down with the creature, but the situation had been taken quickly care of. She had sat down and had an eye on them if something really bad would happen.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:36:10 AM by Temteno »

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
:iceland: "Are there many still remaining?" Rúnar asked nobody in particular. He moved when Sanni did, and still seemed to be holding out. The rune's size, however, started to dwindle. It encompassed the room, but barely. He wasn't allowing it to grow smaller, but he clearly couldn't make it larger, or cleanse the whole ship of the beasts.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2019, 03:41:09 AM »
Amelia had been standing by Sanni this whole time, axe at the ready in both hands. She had been just about to go help when Elin got grappled, but she had handled it so fast that there had been no need.

Amelia gestured to Sanni working on Elin's arm as Amelia spoke to her;
:norway: "Once this is done, are you able to defend yourself? Can you defend Sanni?"

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2019, 06:55:55 AM »
Anne got herself up after some time from the floor. Her head pounded and her back and limbs ached, but it all felt so trivial compared to what had really just happened.
Her eyes looked at the staircase, where was the dead body of the creature and then at Elin, who was being fixed by Sanni. She almost stumbled when she walked close to them with shaken expression.

:sweden: "Are everybody else okay?" she asked, knowing well that Elin had just been bitten by the look of the wound. Anne patted dirt off herself and tried to stay collected.
It got past her so quickly. No, she just didn't focus enough-
Anne almost pressed her palms on to her face, but dropped them awkwardly to clean off her clothing.

:sweden: "I'm sorry", she said with a tightened expression. "This won't happen ever again."
It was her job not let something like this happen.

-

Vilma had already stood up to go and help, when fell down with the creature, but the situation had been taken quickly care of. She had sat down and had an eye on them if something really bad would happen.

Elin looked up from her stitches to Anne, " :iceland: No worries, Anne. It's okay, this is what I'm here for anyway."

Amelia had been standing by Sanni this whole time, axe at the ready in both hands. She had been just about to go help when Elin got grappled, but she had handled it so fast that there had been no need.

Amelia gestured to Sanni working on Elin's arm as Amelia spoke to her;
:norway: "Once this is done, are you able to defend yourself? Can you defend Sanni?"

Elin looked to Amelia, " :sweden: oh this?" she made to raise her bitten arm but then remembered Sanni was still working on it, "This is nothing. I'll be able to defend myself anyone else who needs it just fine. I've had much worse, this is just a scratch honestly."

All these people seemed decently worried about Elin but she hardly noticed the wound.
socks

Temteno

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2019, 07:15:17 AM »
Meanwhile, on deck, Axel continued to do things to the frog-beasts that, if they were human, probably would have been enough to land him in front of a war crimes tribunal.

The creatures started to get way more sparse now, thanks to the crew and Axel and because the ship started to get close to the open sea. There were now five to seven on the deck and few ones tried to jump back again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:12:58 AM by Temteno »

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2019, 09:10:56 AM »
Elin looked to Amelia, " :sweden: oh this?" she made to raise her bitten arm but then remembered Sanni was still working on it, "This is nothing. I'll be able to defend myself anyone else who needs it just fine. I've had much worse, this is just a scratch honestly."

All these people seemed decently worried about Elin but she hardly noticed the wound.

Amelia smiled
:norway: "Fantastic"

She sat off in a jog, which turned to a sprint as she reached the stairs. Almost flying up onto the deck, she went to the first person having trouble with a beast, depositing the momentum into its head through her axe.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2019, 09:13:36 AM »
Anne looked at Elin with a serious expression. Many thoughts wandered through her head that, no, that wasn't indeed okay. She had thought this over many times. Instead, Anne tried to breath in and out, calm herself down and get her stuff together.

Smile came on her face faintly. Her hands shook.
:sweden: "-I'm glad that you are here then. You did great job", she said with slightly calmer tone.

The creatures started to get way more sparse now, thanks to the crew and Axel and because the ship started to get close to the open sea. There were now five to seven on the deck and few ones tried to jump back again.
Amelia smiled
:norway: "Fantastic"

She sat off in a jog, which turned to a sprint as she reached the stairs. Almost flying up onto the deck, she went to the first person having trouble with a beast, depositing the momentum into its head through her axe.

It was really only the work of a minute to finish off the last of the damned things.
Once it was done, Axel looked around, spotting Amelia. :norway: "See this? This is why I hate the ocean."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2019, 02:58:28 AM »
Elin looked up from her stitches to Anne, " :iceland: No worries, Anne. It's okay, this is what I'm here for anyway."

Anne stared at Elin and stayed quiet for a some time. She breathed in and out and tried to calm herself down. She was getting too much worked up and couldn't think straight.
Did the other talk to her? At least it looked like so, Elin was looking at her but Anne couldn't make any sense of her words.

Anne smiled faintly to Elin.
:sweden: "I feel flattered that you believe in my fluency in Icelandic", she said.

Axel and Amelia could see that the ship was getting closer to the mouth of the sea. The ship crew started to fumble around and fix each other and themselves. The members that got helped by Amelia and Axel thanked them quickly, but they all had to get back to their jobs.

Everybody on the deck can see Selbjørn's waterfront in the distance and a few buildings. The ship wasn't going towards them and instead curved to left with a tight turn. The solid rocks peaking out of the water were harsh, but the ship curved besides them like knowing every inch of the ocean.

Some of the crew members started to carry out harpoons and nets.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2019, 03:10:03 AM »
It was really only the work of a minute to finish off the last of the damned things.
Once it was done, Axel looked around, spotting Amelia. :norway: "See this? This is why I hate the ocean."

Amelia suppressed a giggle.
:norway: "Well, it would have been a lot more fun if i hadn't been stuck down there for most of it. It'll take some time getting used to protecting a non-immune squadmate, but i suppose this was as good a time as any to start figuring it out. What i joined the army for, after all. Don't see what's to hate"
- she said, giving a sly, smirky smile and winking, obviously mocking Axel slightly.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2019, 03:20:12 AM »
Fighting noises from the deck stopped, it seemed.
Rúnar's magic disappeared. He stretched his arms, yawned and sat down to keep eating.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2019, 08:19:10 AM »
Anne stared at Elin and stayed quiet for a some time. She breathed in and out and tried to calm herself down. She was getting too much worked up and couldn't think straight.
Did the other talk to her? At least it looked like so, Elin was looking at her but Anne couldn't make any sense of her words.

Anne smiled faintly to Elin.
:sweden: "I feel flattered that you believe in my fluency in Icelandic", she said.

Elin looked confused for a moment, then she realized, " :sweden: OH! Oh, I'm sorry. I keep forgetting who speaks what around here."

Elin gave an awkward smile, " :sweden: Anyway, I had said 'No worries, Anne. It's okay, this is what I'm here for anyway.' I still stand by that statement by the way."
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2019, 08:33:44 AM »
Axel and Amelia could see that the ship was getting closer to the mouth of the sea. The ship crew started to fumble around and fix each other and themselves. The members that got helped by Amelia and Axel thanked them quickly, but they all had to get back to their jobs.

Everybody on the deck can see Selbjørn's waterfront in the distance and a few buildings. The ship wasn't going towards them and instead curved to left with a tight turn. The solid rocks peaking out of the water were harsh, but the ship curved besides them like knowing every inch of the ocean.

Some of the crew members started to carry out harpoons and nets.

Amelia suppressed a giggle.
:norway: "Well, it would have been a lot more fun if i hadn't been stuck down there for most of it. It'll take some time getting used to protecting a non-immune squadmate, but i suppose this was as good a time as any to start figuring it out. What i joined the army for, after all. Don't see what's to hate"
- she said, giving a sly, smirky smile and winking, obviously mocking Axel slightly.

:norway: "Yes, it's immensely funny until it kills most of your family," Axel replied in an utterly dead tone.
Seeing the crew clearly preparing either for a fight or an extreme fishing expedition, he hefted his own harpoon.

Temteno

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
Elin looked confused for a moment, then she realized, " :sweden: OH! Oh, I'm sorry. I keep forgetting who speaks what around here."

Elin gave an awkward smile, " :sweden: Anyway, I had said 'No worries, Anne. It's okay, this is what I'm here for anyway.' I still stand by that statement by the way."

Anne snorted out of laughter.
:sweden: "I'm glad you and the others were here, really."
She brushed her hair and sat on the opposite side of Runar. She pressed her head against the table and tried to ease her aching body. Her stomach was full now, so she didn't touch her porridge anymore.

The woman glanced at Runar. She stared him for a some time, until her eyes brightened.
:sweden: "Oh, I think I never asked, but what are those symbols that you were painting on to the tank?" she suddenly asked from the man. Anne tried to get her focus away from the fact that the attack of very weird rash creatures just happened - and ended pretty absurdly too.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 03:52:08 AM by Temteno »