Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72554 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2019, 03:05:22 PM »
Vilma stood at the equipment hall's door, but walked towards Axel when she saw him getting closer.
:norway: "Hi Axel, what do you need?" she asked immediately and grinned.

Anne started to go around the tank and found the man with a small cat there, as well as the huge dog.

:sweden: "Hi, do you need any help?" Anne asked casually and rubbed the huge dog.

:norway: "Weapons and ammunition, mostly," Axel said. His tone was short without being rude - more the tone of someone who has a lot of things to do and little time than someone who hated talking to people. "Half these people don't have guns."

The wolf licked Anne's hand.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »
Anne blinked few times as she got such a short answer to her. She stared as the man fixed something within the tank and she didn't move anywhere from there.
She shifted slightly and then opened again her mouth.
:sweden: "You sure? I'm not doubting your skills, but I wouldn't mind helping. Actually, I would be really glad", she said with a smile and leant on to the tank.
:sweden: "Asking again just to be clear."

Rúnar also blinked and stopped working. He looked very confused, and he had no idea what to do. :norway: "Uh... I-I'm good" he said. He stayed like that for a few seconds, wondering what to do. "Maybe hold the light?" oh gods what do i do why won't she go away also HOLD THE LIGHT very classy you bloody idiot what if she is also a mechanic now she will be insulted oh gods you are an idiot.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2019, 03:27:31 PM »
:norway: "Weapons and ammunition, mostly," Axel said. His tone was short without being rude - more the tone of someone who has a lot of things to do and little time than someone who hated talking to people. "Half these people don't have guns."

The wolf licked Anne's hand.

Vilma stared at Axel and looked thoughtful for once. She crossed her arms and leaned on the right side.
:norway: "That's a plausible reason. I've tried to ask for more weapons, but they've been pretty fed up with me at this point. Well, maybe two pestering people could get through."
She said that with a lighthearted tone, but looked slightly frustrated and tired.
:norway: "Let's get going then."

Vilma walked to the stand next the door, where one of the military members was in a duty. He stared the newspaper in his arms and flipped it few times. She waved Axel to tell his reasons to get weapons from the equipment hall.

Anne chuckled and rubbed the dog behind her ear. She didn't see dogs so often after all, so Anne took all the fun out of this.
:denmark: "What a good girl", she muttered to the dog.

Rúnar also blinked and stopped working. He looked very confused, and he had no idea what to do. :norway: "Uh... I-I'm good" he said. He stayed like that for a few seconds, wondering what to do. "Maybe hold the light?" oh gods what do i do why won't she go away also HOLD THE LIGHT very classy you bloody idiot what if she is also a mechanic now she will be insulted oh gods you are an idiot.

As she heard the mechanic's suggestion, she nodded to him and started to rummage around for a flashlight.
:sweden: "I can do that, it's the least I can do to help you", she said and clicked the flashlight open, lighting the interior.
She got slightly closer and tried to look the man. What a long hair-
:sweden: "Are there any big fixes needed?" she asked with clear curiosity.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 04:24:24 PM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2019, 03:32:04 PM »
Vilma stared at Axel and looked thoughtful for once. She crossed her arms and leaned on the right side.
:norway: "That's a plausible reason. I've tried to ask for more weapons, but they've been pretty fed up with me at this point. Well, maybe two pestering people could get through."
She said that with a lighthearted tone, but looked slightly frustrated and tired.
:norway: "Let's get going then."

Vilma walked to the stand next the door, where one of the military members was in a duty. He stared the newspaper in his arms and flipped it few times. She waved Axel to tell his reasons to get weapons from the equipment hall.

Anne chuckled and rubbed the dog behind her ear. She didn't see dogs so often after all, so Anne took all the fun out of this.
:Denmark: "What a good girl", she muttered to the dog.

As she heard the mechanic's suggestion, she nodded to him and started to rummage around for a flashlight.
:sweden: "I can do that, it's the least I can do to help you", she said and clicked the flashlight open, lighting the interior.
:sweden: "Are there any big fixes needed?" she asked with a clear curiousness.

Axel smiled. It was not a very nice expression, and it probably wouldn't have been even if it hadn't come from someone who looked like they'd spent their formative years headbutting a brick wall.
The man looked up from his newspaper, saw Axel, and went an interesting shade of white.
:norway: "M-mister Johansen. What brings you here? Business?"
:norway: "Of a sort," Axel answered. "I need to withdraw some items from the armory."
"Ah...I see. Um...right this way!"
The man practically leapt from his seat and nearly bolted down the corridor. Axel followed at a rather more sedate pace.

The wolf barked.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »

:denmark: "What a good girl", she muttered to the dog.

:sweden: "Are there any big fixes needed?" she asked with a clear curiousness.

:norway: "No" he said. "I'm just gonna make sure they ain't gonna be needed later." He then focused on his work again.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
Anne looked at the Elin and the girl with blonde braids. Other three had taken their own ways already and she yawned. She stared with a contemplating look at the trailer and picked up her small backpack from the pile of their luggage
:sweden: "I recommend to get already a bed from the trailer", she said to Elin and the blonde girl as a suggestion. She went inside and threw her backpack to one of the upper bunks, jumping out of the trailer after it.

Elin waved after Anne then turned to the small blonde girl, " :iceland: Do you speak Icelandic? I sure hope so. Anyway, Anne, the lady that was just talking to us said that we should head out and get our beds ready."

Sanni had been watching in silence, listening to half-formed snippets of conversations that she barely understood, even when they were in a language she had studied. Suddenly people were talking to her; one of the Swedish women, advising her and the other, redheaded Swedish woman to get bunks. Sanni shrugged and turned toward the door to claim a bed, but then the redhaired Swede was speaking in Icelandic. Sanni looked up, smiled.
:iceland: "I speak Icelandic. And I heard what she said!" she paused. "Thank you for telling me, though. I'm Sanni."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2019, 06:17:17 PM »
"Oh- uh, no problem!" Elin said.
She figured she ought to make an introduction for herself as well, "I'm Elin, I was formerly a captain of a team of cleansers, now I'm here. Lemme guess, you're the scout?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2019, 06:36:26 PM »
"Oh- uh, no problem!" Elin said.
She figured she ought to make an introduction for herself as well, "I'm Elin, I was formerly a captain of a team of cleansers, now I'm here. Lemme guess, you're the scout?"

Sanni laughed bitterly. "I wish. Didn't you hear? I..." once more, for just a moment, she hesitated. "I don't have immunity. I'm a medic and a mage." She smiled again, shyly this time. "Good to meet you."
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »
Elin snickered, "Looks like I was wrong then."

Then she grinned, "It's really cool that we have a mage on our team. I mean it'ss probably standard for these sort of teams and all, but still, I've never worked with a mage before. I don't think I've ever even properly met a mage before," Elin stopped a moment and gave a thoughtful look, "How do you guys even do you mage-ing anyway. Like, how does that even work?"

To say the least, Elin was thrilled that she was going to be on a team with a mage. In all her excitement about this, she forgot that she was ever nervous about the trip.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:36:18 PM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2019, 09:31:55 PM »
Elin snickered, "Looks like I was wrong then."

Then she grinned, "It's really cool that we have a mage on our team. I mean it'ss probably standard for these sort of teams and all, but still, I've never worked with a mage before. I don't think I've ever even properly met a mage before," Elin stopped a moment and gave a thoughtful look, "How do you guys even do you mage-ing anyway. Like, how does that even work?"

To say the least, Elin was thrilled that she was going to be on a team with a mage. In all her excitement about this, she forgot that she was ever nervous about the trip.

Sanni laughed quietly. "If you mean spells, in Finland we cast them through an invocation to a god. It's a form of poetry, called a runo. I think it's different for Icelandic mages, something to do with runes."
carpe diem

Temteno

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 03:23:56 AM »
Axel smiled. It was not a very nice expression, and it probably wouldn't have been even if it hadn't come from someone who looked like they'd spent their formative years headbutting a brick wall.
The man looked up from his newspaper, saw Axel, and went an interesting shade of white.
:norway: "M-mister Johansen. What brings you here? Business?"
:norway: "Of a sort," Axel answered. "I need to withdraw some items from the armory."
"Ah...I see. Um...right this way!"
The man practically leapt from his seat and nearly bolted down the corridor. Axel followed at a rather more sedate pace.

Vilma stared Axel and the stand where the guarding man had been some time ago. She turned then to stare Axel again and followed him as soon as the Equipment hall's door opened.
:norway: "Well that was quite easy. Do you know these people?" she asked from him casually, but didn't let her eyes off him.
Vilma walked through the aisle, only to meet another door that the guarding man was opening with his keys.

:norway: "Double safety?" she said with more idle tone now and the man nodded.
:norway: "Yeah, you don't know who might smuggle these out", the man said with a dry tone, staring at Vilma with a knowing look. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.
:norway: "I have my pride still."

The man didn't look at Axel though and got soon out of their way as the door opened.
Vilma walked inside.
:norway: "So how many weapons do you need? Only guns?" she asked.

:norway: "No" he said. "I'm just gonna make sure they ain't gonna be needed later." He then focused on his work again.
The wolf barked.

Anne smiled and looked very pleased.
:sweden: "Makes sense, I'm glad you're responsible of our tank."
She patted the tank and well into a silence after it, lighting the interior of the tank. She gave more rubs to the dog with her other hand, but soon noticed a cat on top of the tank. She stared at it slightly.

:denmark: "I guess cat-in-work wouldn't take rubs", she muttered silently and continued the patting of the dog.
:denmark: "Maybe when you're in a free-time."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2019, 07:35:21 AM »
Vilma stared Axel and the stand where the guarding man had been some time ago. She turned then to stare Axel again and followed him as soon as the Equipment hall's door opened.
:norway: "Well that was quite easy. Do you know these people?" she asked from him casually, but didn't let her eyes off him.
Vilma walked through the aisle, only to meet another door that the guarding man was opening with his keys.

:norway: "Double safety?" she said with more idle tone now and the man nodded.
:norway: "Yeah, you don't know who might smuggle these out", the man said with a dry tone, staring at Vilma with a knowing look. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.
:norway: "I have my pride still."

The man didn't look at Axel though and got soon out of their way as the door opened.
Vilma walked inside.
:norway: "So how many weapons do you need? Only guns?" she asked.

Anne smiled and looked very pleased.
:sweden: "Makes sense, I'm glad you're responsible of our tank."
She patted the tank and well into a silence after it, lighting the interior of the tank. She gave more rubs to the dog with her other hand, but soon noticed a cat on top of the tank. She stared at it slightly.

:denmark: "I guess cat-in-work wouldn't take rubs", she muttered silently and continued the patting of the dog.
:denmark: "Maybe when you're in a free-time."

Axel shrugged. :norway: "I've done some work around here," he said.
Once the armory was opened, Axel started grabbing weapons and ammunition, stuffing them into a convenient duffle bag. First in were a few rifles and pistols, and a liberal quantity of ammunition. Several bricks of plastic explosives and a spool of detcord followed, then a truly alarming quantity of knives and hand axes. Axel paused in front of a heavy machine gun that was set up on a tripod, before shaking his head. He did, however, pick up a steel roundshield that had runes painted on it in what looked suspiciously like blood. That went over his back, joining the harpoon.
The clanking duffel filled, Axel left the armory and rejoined the group.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2019, 07:48:14 AM »
Rúnar rubbed his eyes and went in the tank. He tried starting it, and it worked nicely. He started checking if every system, most importantly heating, worked as it should. So far, yes. He'll be able to keep the tank at about 15-18°C, if the insulation is right. And so far, there was no reason to doubt it.
Alright.
He started a close inspection of the tank's walls. Inside it was fine, if not a bit dirty. No signs of rust or deterioration. The floor looked solid. He was reasonably sure nothing would get in through it too easily, but he'll make it sure with a rune. However, the beds had mattresses and nothing else.
Alright.
He started making a list in his head as he went for an outside inspection.
A few rust patches on the outside hull. He put a good, thick glove on and tried to scrape it off. Surface rust. It didn't get in. Good. He'll scrub it off and put some good paint over it... no, that would take 36 hours in total. He could work on the way, but he wasn't certain there was absolute need to do it. And if he starts now, he'll poison everybody who doesn't wear protective gear. Too late, then.
He moved on.
Trailer wheels and tracks seemed to be in an appropriate shape.
He sighed, and with some difficulty, climbed on the top of the tank. With a few loud booms, he jumped on it a few times.
The whole tank shook under the force of his weight. Nothing fell off. Nothing dented.
Solid structure. No design flaws, it seemed.
Nice space for another rune.
It seemed the tank was built to last. It was good, just really old.
Alright.
He repeated the jumping test on the trailer.
It passed, but from what he could feel, just barely.
It also didn't have any obvious breaches in the hull, just like the tank. Nor did it have as much rust. It was a bit newer, it seemed.
:norway: "You wanted work? Go to the guy that's terrifying the staff with his wolf, tell him we need some spare tires." He can fix a broken track, but a flat tire? Not really.
:norway: "Also go get 18 blankets, 10 pillows and 12 sets of sheets. And an extra mattress. Put extras in the trailer, set up beds and start mopping the floor." If they lose heating, he'd prefer they don't all freeze while he's trying to fix it. Extra pillows, just in case. Extra sheets to get some proper hygiene going, especially if someone falls ill.
He, meanwhile, went to get some nice good paint that can't be removed that easily.
Time to draw some runes.

Temteno

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »
Axel shrugged. :norway: "I've done some work around here," he said.
Once the armory was opened, Axel started grabbing weapons and ammunition, stuffing them into a convenient duffle bag. First in were a few rifles and pistols, and a liberal quantity of ammunition. Several bricks of plastic explosives and a spool of detcord followed, then a truly alarming quantity of knives and hand axes. Axel paused in front of a heavy machine gun that was set up on a tripod, before shaking his head. He did, however, pick up a steel roundshield that had runes painted on it in what looked suspiciously like blood. That went over his back, joining the harpoon.
The clanking duffel filled, Axel left the armory and rejoined the group.

Vilma stared the amount that Axel took with him and she sighed slightly. Whatever was out there, please don't let Sirus come out of the Communication room.
She walked behind Axel and saw how the amount of the armory attracted the military base's attention. She glanced slightly to the side and retreated, leaning against one tank and waiting to see how much needed to be carried back.

Soon she, indeed, saw one member of the military with the equipment hall guard and with him. The man frowned and the hall guard looked troubled.
:norway: "Where did he go?" the man asked and his frown deepened.
Vilma pointed to Axel's way and let them handle the situation. She slipped off to find Jaakko somewhere.

The man walked after Axel and stared the amount he had taken from the armory. He deeply inhaled and rubbed his temples.
:norway: "Mr. Johansen, I know we are indebted to you in some ways, but this is-", the man stared the armory with almost a blank look, "-too much. At least let go of those axes and knives."

[Runar looking around the tank].
:norway: "You wanted work? Go to the guy that's terrifying the staff with his wolf, tell him we need some spare tires." He can fix a broken track, but a flat tire? Not really.
:norway: "Also go get 18 blankets, 10 pillows and 12 sets of sheets. And an extra mattress. Put extras in the trailer, set up beds and start mopping the floor." If they lose heating, he'd prefer they don't all freeze while he's trying to fix it. Extra pillows, just in case. Extra sheets to get some proper hygiene going, especially if someone falls ill.
He, meanwhile, went to get some nice good paint that can't be removed that easily.
Time to draw some runes.

Anne let go of the flashlight and stepped further away as the mechanic started to work around the tank. She looked at him and rubbed the dog.
When the commands came, it took a lot to remember all of them. She blinked few times and felt sour taste to come into her mouth.
She cleared her throat.
:sweden: "Of course, the earlier we get everything finished the better", she said to him and started to get to her job.

This was for everyone's good.

Anne walked towards the dog's owner, but saw him being integrated with some military men. Well, he seemed to be busy then.
Instead, the woman walked herself to the equipment hall. After being questioned by the new guard there, she got in and took few tires off the shelf there.
Anne knew she wasn't as strong as the others here, but she wasn't useless either. She could manage few tires alone.
The woman started to carry one tire, but then decided to roll it through the hall, next to the tank.
She did that with the few other tires too and was sweating after it, but with a good mind.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:26:18 PM by Temteno »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2019, 12:27:36 PM »

Anne let go of the flashlight and stepped further away as the mechanic started to work around the tank. She looked at him and rubbed the dog.
When the commands came, it took a lot to remember all of them. She blinked few times and felt sour taste to come into her mouth.
She cleared her throat.
:sweden: "Of course, the earlier we get everything finished the better", she said to him and started to get to her job.

This was for everyone's good.

Anne walked towards the dog's owner, but saw him being integrated with some military men. Well, he seemed to be busy then.
Instead, the woman walked herself to the equipment hall. After being questioned by the new guard there, she got in and took few tires off the shelf there.
Anne knew she wasn't as strong as the others here, but she wasn't useless either. She could manage few tires alone.
The woman started to carry one tire, but then decided to roll it through the hall, next to the tank.
She did that with the few other tires too and was sweating after it, but with a good mind.

By then, Rúnar returned with cans of paint and a brush. He took a look at the tires. He took a look at the trailer.
:norway: "These are wrong size."

He then climbed on top of the tank and sat there, imagining the rune clearly in his head.
His most powerful protection rune, this size...

He started to paint a complex shape.