Author Topic: ARtD / SSSS Advent Calendar 2017 - Sign-Ups  (Read 166 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
ARtD / SSSS Advent Calendar 2017 - Sign-Ups
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »
Fanwork Treats Every Day in December!

Sign-up deadline is 22 November

Hello everyone, as many of you know, we have been collating a daily dose of awesome each December.  The general format is that of an Advent Calendar, with a new treat revealed to all daily from 1 to 24 December.  This will take the form of a fanwork from within the Minnion community, across the many talents we Minnions possess.  Gwenno provided this helpful Wikipedia link for background on Advent calendars.

:reynir: The artwork can be visual (drawing, painting, crafted items, etc), aural (soundscape or musical piece), writing (prose or poetry), or multimedia (video, animation, illustrated writing).
:lalli: The subject matter should be related to SSSS or ARtD in some way, with its characters singly or in interaction, and/or its settings, but also see the next:
:emil:  This time of year is holiday time for many Minnions, and appropriately festive or generally upbeat works are suggested (but not enforced).  Feel free to refer to the seasonal celebrations from your corner of our planet!
:mikkel: Visual works should be in a relatively finished form (black & white or full-colour), fanfics should be at least 500 words.
:tuuri:  Past calendars can be perused 2015 here and 2016 here for ideas (and to be once again blown away by how awesome we all are). 
:sigrun:  How hard can it be?

(We need Hannu & Ville icons, no?)  :hannu: :ville:

:3  "Sign Me Up!" you say?  Splendid!  Here's what I need:

• What medium you'll be working in (ie art, writing, music, etc)
  • How many entries would you like to do? (If more than one, the additional entries will be assigned an advent calendar date after all other participants' initial entries have been assigned dates)
  • Would you prefer a certain date/ something within a range of dates/definitely not these particular dates/anything is fine?
  • Would you be willing to sign up as a last minute pitch hitter if someone can't manage to complete an entry in time? (I will give 1-2 days advance notice if it looks like it will be needed)

Signups will be open through 22 November (Forum time) with preliminary dates being assigned as people sign up. The entries will be posted by myself or a fellow admin each day, so please email your contribution a few days in advance. A reminder email will be sent a week before your date. If you cannot produce a piece in time, we ask that you let us know as soon as you can, to give the pitch hitters time to produce something. Equally, if we do not hear from you three days before your entry date we will assume that you cannot finish your piece and will assign the date to a pitch hitter.

See the next post for assigned dates.

*rubs hands together*  ;D  :))  I am so chuffed for this!  Looking forward to your emails.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:34:24 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :usa:
Acquired: :newzealand:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :estonia:

Chapter break survivor: :chap18: :chap17: :book3: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :book2: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :book1: :chap5:

(Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
Re: ARtD / SSSS Advent Calendar 2017 - Sign-Ups
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
Overall Sign-up dates (cross-posted with SSSS Board):

Spoiler: "dates available and assigned" • show

1 = wavewright62 (unless someone else really wants to go first)
2 = gjuerne exact date negotiable
3 = helia exact date negotiable
4 = Noodles
5 = PickleChip
6 = Pikmin exact date negotiable
7 = Clayres
8 = Johannabelle
9 = Origami Owl
10 = Tr exact date negotiable
11 = Antillanka
12 = Abprallen exact date negotiable
13 = Windfighter
14 = Mastiff
15 = Róisín  & Scout
16 = Purple Wyrm
17 = Gwenno
18 = Gaemmel
19 = Unlos exact date still flexible
20 = Keeper
21 = Luth Nightbreeze
22 = Helia
23 = Windfighter
24 = Olga Veresk

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:23:46 AM by wavewright62 »

Chapter break survivor: :chap18: :chap17: :book3: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :book2: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :book1: :chap5:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:00:44 AM »
I have added in the 'pencilled' folks, slotted into fairly arbitrary dates.  Please do talk to me if you'd like to change your date, at this point there is still plenty of scope to change things.   ^-^

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
I've got this updated again now - keep the sign-ups happening!  Thank you.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
*watches tumbleweeds roll by*  We have had all of the responses on the SSSS side of the thread, so will simply say - watch for the Advent Calendar on the SSSS Board - ww out.
*switches off the light*