Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149827 times)

Richard Weir

• Scout
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
What time did this happen? It's easier looking through error logs if Eich knows roughly when to look!
My one-and-only: :uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
The avatar thing still won't work for me. While I usually get a blank page, this time I actually got an error report. Could it be connected to something else than the attachment problem, assuming that it is already solved?
What method are you using to upload avatars?  There's "Specify avatar by url,"  "Upload an avatar," and one other option that lets you choose from some pre-installed images on the site.  I just tested it out, and those all work on the test account.  It's most likely a problem on your end, but you can try the other methods, if you haven't already.
Feel free to PM.

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
What time did this happen? It's easier looking through error logs if Eich knows roughly when to look!
The first time this happened was on Nov 13 around 4:30 p.m. I think. That's when I got the first error. The only other time was right before my earlier post, apart from that literally nothing at all.

What method are you using to upload avatars?  There's "Specify avatar by url,"  "Upload an avatar," and one other option that lets you choose from some pre-installed images on the site.  I just tested it out, and those all work on the test account.  It's most likely a problem on your end, but you can try the other methods, if you haven't already.
I use the upload option, but I'll try the other ones right know and report back once I have results.

Edit: The other options seem to work fine, it's only the upload that won't.

Editedit: Figured it out: appearantly the file was to large.:P Worked before, though. *shrugs*
Anyways, lesson learned. I won't try to upload any of my large pics anymore. (not that it's physically large, just has high resolution...)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:41:39 AM by Clayres »
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
So, I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but all of a sudden the forum icons have all become broken images? But only the default ones, the ones that are emoticons or the "moved thread" icons are still okay I think?

Like so:

This is, as far as I can tell, happening on every board, not just this one... Just thought I would bring it to Eich's attention.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2014, 05:57:23 PM »
So, I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but all of a sudden the forum icons have all become broken images? But only the default ones, the ones that are emoticons or the "moved thread" icons are still okay I think?

Like so:

This is, as far as I can tell, happening on every board, not just this one... Just thought I would bring it to Eich's attention.
Weird.  Is that still happening?
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
I'm not having Solovei's problem.  So at least it's not universal.   :-\
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
So, I've figured out the trigger for my problem. Long posts. A long post can't get through, a short post can. It's NOT restricted to my laptop, I have the same problem on my phone. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to another WiFi source in order to test if it also happens on other networks. Also I don't know the exact definition of "short post" "long post" (as in how many characters they entail), only vague.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
So, I've figured out the trigger for my problem. Long posts. A long post can't get through, a short post can. It's NOT restricted to my laptop, I have the same problem on my phone. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to another WiFi source in order to test if it also happens on other networks. Also I don't know the exact definition of "short post" "long post" (as in how many characters they entail), only vague.
This is the problem you've had with posting in the last couple of weeks?
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2014, 06:31:42 PM »
Yes, that problem. Also, I still can't edit or reply via the Reply function rather than the Quick Reply function without receiving Connection Reset errors. Post length does not matter there.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
Yes, that problem. Also, I still can't edit or reply via the Reply function rather than the Quick Reply function without receiving Connection Reset errors. Post length does not matter there.

Doesn't matter whether your posts are short - frankly, I'm just glad to have you back :)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

P__

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »
testing 10k characters plus these 50 = 10050ch
edit: it worked for me
edit 2: tried 20k, still no problem...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:38:32 PM by P__ »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2014, 06:39:35 PM »
I posted this on the comic comments, but probably best to have it here, too - troubleshooting done (I'll post it in two parts otherwise it won't post:

-Firefox cache, history, cookies cleared
-Firefox reset
-A clean version of Chrome used
-Avast! and Superantispyware disabled (first one running only, other running only, then both disabled)
-Windows Firewall disabled
-Adblock whitelisted

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
-Discovered that the error page is always ending in "index.php?board=1;action=post2" and not in whatever else it's meant to be
-Discovered that this is most likely restricted to SMF forums, or only SSSS forum (I can post without problems on all other forums I'm active on, and I have no problems on any other site)
-Discovered that it spreads over to mobile and is most likely restricted to my account

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »
Doesn't matter whether your posts are short - frankly, I'm just glad to have you back :)

:D Thank you, that makes me happy~ And I'm glad to be back, too, even in limited form.

Oh, I'll apologize for all the double-posting >.> Obviously I can't really not double-post due to the problem, but still...

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2014, 08:15:45 PM »
-Discovered that it spreads over to mobile and is most likely restricted to my account

AHAH! Does this forum have a mobile-friendly alternative url? Are you using that for your PC as well as mobile?

Alternatively, Eich needs to check every datum related to your account to which he has access, just in case there is some weird "you're such a newbie you only get to post short messages" tag that has become accidentally activated in your case.
My one-and-only: :uk: