Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149840 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2015, 09:16:32 AM »
I just was sent to page 28 of the Meetup thread instead of page 59, and when I went to page 59 there were no new posts. Could this problem possibly be caused by someone making a post and then deleting it?

Edit: The same thing just happened with the Language Exchange thread--I was sent to Nimphy's post on page 7 instead of to page nine, and the most recent post on page nine is from October.

Ah I think I know what happened. I've been reorganizing some old threads, merging some duplicates, moving threads that were on the wrong board, and trying to clean up a bit. I know I merged another meetup thread into the current one at some point and I also changed the language exchange thread. What probably happened was that you were viewing it as I was changing it and it got confused and sent you to a random page.

I know it glitches sometimes when you're looking through board pages and something has been merged or deleted, and the forum displays more thread spaces than there are.

Here's what we'll do: I won't move or delete or merge things today (unless some weird emergency comes up) and you guys let me know if it's still happening. If it is then I'll go take a look at the database for threads and see if it's alright. If not, we know that it was probably caused by my moving things around last nighll

I apologize for all this craziness!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2015, 11:41:51 PM »
Uh, I noticed that the Forum Index thread I made seems to have been unstickied? I can't find it at all, actually... o.O Does anyone else have this happen too?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »
Uh, I noticed that the Forum Index thread I made seems to have been unstickied? I can't find it at all, actually... o.O Does anyone else have this happen too?

We moved the forum index to the Forum and Website Discussion board (this one) along with Len's how to insert images thread a month or so ago so that it would be in the same place with the helpful information. It's stickied right there :) https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=4.0
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2015, 12:15:09 AM »
We moved the forum index to the Forum and Website Discussion board (this one) along with Len's how to insert images thread a month or so ago so that it would be in the same place with the helpful information. It's stickied right there :) https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=4.0
Ah, that's probably a good place for it! Thanks :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #469 on: January 05, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
For some reason spoilers don't work when wrapped around tables (I was trying to get the list of Secret Santa people up):

Spoiler: show
onetwo
threefour

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #470 on: January 05, 2016, 07:29:10 PM »
For some reason spoilers don't work when wrapped around tables (I was trying to get the list of Secret Santa people up):

Spoiler: show
onetwo
threefour

Yeah I've found that too. For some reason the BBC code is weird about that. I can think of something that might fix it, I'm going to go try it out and get back to you.

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #471 on: January 05, 2016, 07:35:13 PM »
Yeah I've found that too. For some reason the BBC code is weird about that. I can think of something that might fix it, I'm going to go try it out and get back to you.

Quotes and embedded videos also don't work with spoiler tags, it was a minor PITA with the advent calendar.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #472 on: January 05, 2016, 08:09:09 PM »

Quotes and embedded videos also don't work with spoiler tags, it was a minor PITA with the advent calendar.

Update: I've looked into it and tried a few things, but they didn't work. I think there's something wrong with the code that reads the post code and makes it into yet another code. I'm going to keep poking things.

The youtube is a bit different because it's actually an added modification, which is probably why it doesn't work.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »
Two questions:

1. Is someone currently changing fonts and font sizes, in particular for the pagetop menubar ... ?

2. Is it possible that edits to preexisting posts do not make the topic (re)appear in the "Recent Unread Topics" page?

native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »
Two questions:

1. Is someone currently changing fonts and font sizes, in particular for the pagetop menubar ... ?

2. Is it possible that edits to preexisting posts do not make the topic (re)appear in the "Recent Unread Topics" page?

1. Yes, Eriaror changed the fonts for the page menubar earlier today

2. I'm not sure about the edits, I think they make the post appear unread while viewing the general forum, but I know for sure they don't appear in the "recent unread topics" page.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2016, 09:35:13 AM »
Just noticed when trying to reply to Crumpite: Until I removed the emote from the quote, the forum refused my pressing "Preview", telling me that I cannot make a posting with an empty(!) body.

Firefox 44.0 on a Linux laptop, the emote gets displayed to me just fine, both in the original posting and the reply-editing form.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #476 on: March 24, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »
Umm, this isn't a forum issue, but I don't know where else to ask: the latest SSSS page that my (don't laugh, it's paid-for ;) ) Windows Phone 8 can apparently show is 495.  Did the comic's html version change afterwards?

Even forcing a higher page using ...page=496, etc, in the URL just takes me to the "Huh, it looks like there's no blog for this comic." (IIRC)

So I've cleaned out my history and rebooted; no change.  I can't even see the preview on the home page.

Any diagnoses?  :-\
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #477 on: March 24, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »
I can't even see the preview on the home page.

There is no preview at the moment because a new page went up. Does clicking on where the preview should be take you anywhere?

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #478 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
Thanks, Fim! :D

I have successfully solved the problem via Inverse Murph-ology--describing said problem and asking for help immediately sent it into hiding.   ::)  The preview is back, and my phone can once again "see" past 495.  Dunno why it acted up, but now it's juuust fiiiiiinnnne.   O:-)

I'll happily take theories on why the netbooks weren't affected (Win 7 & 10, respectively) but the phone was.

The 495 limit started yesterday, but the preview has been invisible but clickable for about 2 weeks or more.

EDIT:  Difficulties probably just Minna working on the pages, with my worries inflamed by approaching unavoidable phone replacement.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:54:13 PM by DaveBro »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #479 on: April 01, 2016, 12:46:41 AM »
It seems certain words like o-f are being replaced by character names thus: of, which is amusing but also annoying.