Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149847 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2015, 04:18:32 PM »
so there's a thing that annoys me with the child boards, namely the "new" buttons that appear when there are unread replies. sometimes these glaringly orange buttons won't leave the main page until ALL the new replies are read/marked as read - anyone else have that problem?
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
so there's a thing that annoys me with the child boards, namely the "new" buttons that appear when there are unread replies. sometimes these glaringly orange buttons won't leave the main page until ALL the new replies are read/marked as read - anyone else have that problem?

Huh.  Sometimes I have that problem, sometimes not.  I just checked it out now and the "new" button on the Personal/GDB child board disappeared as soon as I read *one* of the unread threads.  But in the recent past, I've had not only your problem, but in fact that the "new" orange button won't disappear even *after* I've read every single unread thread. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
Huh.  Sometimes I have that problem, sometimes not.  I just checked it out now and the "new" button on the Personal/GDB child board disappeared as soon as I read *one* of the unread threads.  But in the recent past, I've had not only your problem, but in fact that the "new" orange button won't disappear even *after* I've read every single unread thread. 

Actually this just happened to me
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »

Oh, that last part has been happening to me for months with all of the boards, even when I was still using the old theme. (I'm pretty sure even before the self-insert child board was made? I can't remember because it's just a thing I expect at this point.) I never said anything because I always just thought the problem was on my end. I've found that if I click the most recent post on a board, that it shows on the home page, then go back to the homepage, the star won't be red but there'll still be all the other unread posts. (But that method only works for the child boards if the most recent post was from a child board :P) Of course sometimes this happens with the child boards, but for me it's not exclusive to child boards, and marking them all as read from the homepage works just as well for either.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:58:18 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2015, 04:37:59 AM »
I'm not entirely sure that this is the problem you're referring to, but:
If you read one unread board/thread and then press Back, there's a good chance that the browser loads the whole page from cache, instead of getting it again from the server, so you're actually seeing the page in its past state, when you haven't read the said board/thread yet. So, try pressing the Home option in the menu to get the site in its real state.
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2015, 04:54:09 AM »
I'm not entirely sure that this is the problem you're referring to, but:
If you read one unread board/thread and then press Back, there's a good chance that the browser loads the whole page from cache, instead of getting it again from the server, so you're actually seeing the page in its past state, when you haven't read the said board/thread yet. So, try pressing the Home option in the menu to get the site in its real state.
I almost never press back...

edit: i figure the "new" button gets stuck there if I click that one to check unread replies instead of the normal link to a childboard, because if I do that it's fine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:16:02 PM by Haiz »

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #441 on: October 01, 2015, 12:02:58 AM »
I have a glitch on the My Messages tab, it keeps indicating I have 1 unread message, but no new message has shown up and it won't go away.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #442 on: October 01, 2015, 12:09:32 AM »
I have a glitch on the My Messages tab, it keeps indicating I have 1 unread message, but no new message has shown up and it won't go away.

Ana Nymus had this problem too, for her getting a new PM solved the problem.
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=10.msg64054#msg64054

I'll send you a PM and we'll see if it fixes it.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #443 on: October 01, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
Ana Nymus had this problem too, for her getting a new PM solved the problem.
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=10.msg64054#msg64054

I'll send you a PM and we'll see if it fixes it.

Thanks! It's fine now.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #444 on: October 06, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
Don't know if this is the right thread for this anymore, but I'm here with more mobile glitches. Got any new ideas?

Spoiler: show

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #445 on: October 06, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »
Don't know if this is the right thread for this anymore, but I'm here with more mobile glitches. Got any new ideas?

omg yesss
- viola is hereby decreed to be the entirety of denmark.
- "trying to learn sunflower but pronounciation"
- "ssssoulcount: 0,5 party karris"
- *jethan peeking out at the sound of party*

that emil header looks pretty good though

(excellent reply #444 if you don't mind me saying so)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #446 on: October 06, 2015, 06:49:02 PM »

I love how the only languages that are correct there are Finnish and English, that I do speak, and Norwegian which is on my wishlist. Icelandic has turned into a large quotation mark, the mobile version does not seem to trust my abilities. I guess it's true that I'd butcher Chinese just as thoroughly as I butcher Swedish, but I'm definitely not learning Latin. ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #447 on: October 06, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »

Oooh, very very broken.
Eriaror should be told about this directly, it's his mobile theme.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #448 on: October 06, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »
Oooh, very very broken.
Eriaror should be told about this directly, it's his mobile theme.

Informed him a few weeks ago and he didn't know what's going on. The glitches change every day, and sometimes it doesn't glitch at all.

omg yesss
- viola is hereby decreed to be the entirety of denmark.
- "trying to learn sunflower but pronounciation"
- "ssssoulcount: 0,5 party karris"
- *jethan peeking out at the sound of party*

that emil header looks pretty good though

(excellent reply #444 if you don't mind me saying so)

Also Mélusine speaks Viola not too bad, and Noodly is trying to learn Sunflower...

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #449 on: October 06, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »

Curry is the entirety of Norway and Noodly survived Curry.

I kinda want to just keep taking photos the glitches to see what happens, because this is hilarious XD