Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149806 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
Any chance that you ever ticked the "Always stay logged in" box on the login form? Explicitly jumping to the login form might override your browser's having a perpetual access already at hand ...

Why yes, I did tick that box.  In that case, is the forum software behaving as expected? 
I'm happy not to have to log in (nobody but me uses my computer) -- just want to make sure I hadn't stumbled over a security bug. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »
Why yes, I did tick that box.  In that case, is the forum software behaving as expected?
I don't know for sure, I don't want my machines to do eternal automated logins, so I never tried that out myself.

If you want to know for sure, tell your browser to delete all cookies for the domain ssssforum.com. (Um, if you can still find those controls in current browsers, that is ... >:( ) That should restore it to the original behavior, and automatic login shouldn't reoccur until you tick that checkbox again ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #407 on: August 18, 2015, 12:13:10 AM »

If you want to know for sure, tell your browser to delete all cookies for the domain ssssforum.com. (Um, if you can still find those controls in current browsers, that is ... >:( ) That should restore it to the original behavior, and automatic login shouldn't reoccur until you tick that checkbox again ...

you can do this, BUT there is a set of cookies that will reinstall itself despite being deleted. That does not go for SMF-cookies though.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #408 on: September 05, 2015, 10:11:04 AM »
I don't know if anyone's had this problem before, but the forum keeps telling me I have a new PM, even though I don't. The popup only comes up when I login, but the little [1] notification won't go away. It's not a huge problem, just a bit annoying, but I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to fix it.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #409 on: September 05, 2015, 11:59:17 AM »
I don't know if anyone's had this problem before, but the forum keeps telling me I have a new PM, even though I don't. The popup only comes up when I login, but the little [1] notification won't go away. It's not a huge problem, just a bit annoying, but I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to fix it.

You could try deleting your forum cookie, maybe it the problem is done for the moment.
Does the problem exist on any device or only on mobile (I had it on mobile once and deleting cookies helped)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »
You could try deleting your forum cookie, maybe it the problem is done for the moment.
Does the problem exist on any device or only on mobile (I had it on mobile once and deleting cookies helped)

It happens no matter what device I'm on. And I tried deleting the cookies, but the message still shows up.

EDIT: Getting a new PM seemed to fix the problem, so all is well!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:40:00 PM by Ana Nymus »
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2015, 02:21:12 PM »
Sooooo the PerSSSSona star icon thingy isn't popping up when I'm in the SSSS board. Is it just me or ?
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2015, 02:22:04 PM »
Sooooo the PerSSSSona star icon thingy isn't popping up when I'm in the SSSS board. Is it just me or ?
Same for me.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #413 on: September 07, 2015, 02:41:47 PM »

Likewise.  I see the broken GIF indicator where it should be. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »
Same for me.
Likewise.  I see the broken GIF indicator where it should be. 

Eri is on it, it should be fine soon.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #415 on: September 07, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »
Fixed it (the easy way, for now). Sorry for leaving it in for so long. ::)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #416 on: September 07, 2015, 04:25:17 PM »
Fixed it (the easy way, for now). Sorry for leaving it in for so long. ::)

Thanks so much, Eriaror!  Have I mentioned lately how glad I am to have an official Forum-Smith in residence? 

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #417 on: September 07, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Thanks so much, Eriaror!  Have I mentioned lately how glad I am to have an official Forum-Smith in residence?

Seconded! Thank you Eriaror!
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
Is the General Discussion Board supposed to be invisible to users who aren't logged in from now on or is that a bug?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #419 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »
Is the General Discussion Board supposed to be invisible to users who aren't logged in from now on or is that a bug?
As per Forum-Thor Eich, that was intentional:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=590.msg64551#msg64551

(FYI, it was an issue of visitors possibly taking an inappropriate interest in posters' personal info.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:31:38 PM by Sunflower »