Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149876 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2015, 10:05:30 AM »
Have you set the time offset among the settings? If you haven't, go to Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout. It's right there, you can auto-detect the time zone.
(If you've done that already, sorry for the useless post)

Ohhh.  I wonder if the Forum's *default* timezone setting is Eastern Standard Time, because that's where our Admin/Founder (Eich) is.  I don't remember modifying my profile to reflect my personal time zone, but I joined so long ago that I *wouldn't* remember either way. 

If EST is the default, then I may have misjudged Ooo-La-La's actual time zone...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Spam thread
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2015, 01:03:57 PM »
Hi, Eich.  A spammer crept in with a long incoherent thread, here:  http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=399.0

UPDATE:  Eich instantly did the right thing:  KILL IT DEAD. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:15:42 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
Odd: the forum doesn't seem to remember my login from one session to the next. Perhaps the cookie recipe needs adjusting?
My one-and-only: :uk:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
Odd: the forum doesn't seem to remember my login from one session to the next. Perhaps the cookie recipe needs adjusting?

Happens to me too when I follow the link to the forum on Minna's site. But everything's fine when the link is chosen from bookmarks or typed manually.
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »

Happens to me too when I follow the link to the forum on Minna's site. But everything's fine when the link is chosen from bookmarks or typed manually.

I suspect this is because the link on Minna's site doesn't include the https at the beginning, and login cookies have been set to https-only (for security). I'm considering putting a redirect to https for the site, which would resolve that. In the meantime, try just typing in https://ssssforum.com in your browser bar and see if it works properly then.

ETA: I've added in that redirect, so if you come to a non-https version of any page it should redirect to https. This adds a little bit to page load times, so it's still a good idea to update your bookmarks, but should help avoid problems with login cookies.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:31:30 AM by hushpiper »

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »
In the meantime, try just typing in https://ssssforum.com in your browser bar and see if it works properly then.

Yup. That fixes it. Thanks! :)
My one-and-only: :uk:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #336 on: May 06, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »
Hi, Eich.

Would you please update the Comic M!x link for the Final Four?  It's still pointing to the 8-way elimination.

vr, RODB.
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2015, 06:38:08 PM »
Echoing RODB and not knowing a better place to say this, can you update the ComicMix link again please?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
  • Preferred pronouns: He, Him, His.
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »
Alt tabbed into my pms and had the following visual glitch. it flickered around as I scrolled before finally leaving.
http://sta.sh/01n29hwpwiwl
Call me OMO, the wise ones do.

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »
I dunno if it is the site or not, but some threads, when I open them makes me download weird files. it worked mostly on my tablet pc (I use it desktop mode), and now on laptop it happened once.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »
I dunno if it is the site or not, but some threads, when I open them makes me download weird files. it worked mostly on my tablet pc (I use it desktop mode), and now on laptop it happened once.

wait, maybe this is my devices, I checked, and only those treads are doing this, where I can find links, and both my tablet or laptop is not fully having all flash and such things and probably it is, if someone is more expert with computers, they should tell me what it actually is or my thought is right.
I am sorry!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:23 PM »
wait, maybe this is my devices, I checked, and only those treads are doing this, where I can find links, and both my tablet or laptop is not fully having all flash and such things and probably it is, if someone is more expert with computers, they should tell me what it actually is or my thought is right.
I am sorry!
I tried to find the post where Hushpiper explained this, but I don't remember what thread it's in right now.
I get the same thing if I visit a thread on my tablet that happens to have some embedded videos in it. IIRC, these files aren't harmful in any way and are just little cache files. You can delete them if you want.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
I tried to find the post where Hushpiper explained this, but I don't remember what thread it's in right now.
I get the same thing if I visit a thread on my tablet that happens to have some embedded videos in it. IIRC, these files aren't harmful in any way and are just little cache files. You can delete them if you want.
thank you, now I understand this a bit. (I also saw it mostly in the fanvideo thread, and the music thread, so yeah)
sorry for disturbing

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:28 PM »
thank you, now I understand this a bit. (I also saw it mostly in the fanvideo thread, and the music thread, so yeah)
sorry for disturbing
No no, it's no problem at all! :) That's what this forum is for!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »
No no, it's no problem at all! :) That's what this forum is for!
and do you know how to fix it? it is kind of annoying I can't see any videos in the replies, but it downloads these files. (on laptop at least)