Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 149818 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #600 on: January 29, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »
vaanikapoor55555 is spamming the forum.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #601 on: January 29, 2020, 09:50:18 AM »
vaanikapoor55555 is spamming the forum.

Wowza, that was some intense spamming. I'll go clean that up a bit now. Yikes, been a while since we've had something quite that bad
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #602 on: March 01, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »
Our error logs are filling with deprecation errors (8192: Function create_function() is deprecated), but I found a possible fix?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=559573.0
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #603 on: March 01, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »
Our error logs are filling with deprecation errors (8192: Function create_function() is deprecated), but I found a possible fix?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=559573.0

The forum software was in need of an update, and I just fixed that so hopefully it helps.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #604 on: March 15, 2020, 06:18:35 AM »
Uhm, I've been logged out of the forum on my phone for the last couple of days, possibly after the newest update since I don't check the forum as often as I used to.
While logged out, I found no login icon, the only visible option I found was the register button (which I tested but as expected it only lead to registering which did not work since I already have an account). Then I went to this thread to leave a note, but there was no reply button (I forgot to take a screenshot but if you need it I guess I could log out again). Trying to omit the reply button by clicking Violas name did however lead me straight to the login page, along with a note of "you need to be logged in to do this". So there's a back entrance to logging back in case any other users have trouble finding the login icon. 

I have Android 8.0.0, might be relevant.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:21:45 PM by Unlos »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #605 on: March 20, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
When I try the "Report to moderator" link below (several of) the spam posts here, I get a page that says

"An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

(Been a while, but I remember that the last time I used that link, I was taken to sort of a feedback page to state why I feel the post to be removal-worthy.)

Edit: Now I get that error just trying to open the thread. Guess the admins just happened to remove it while I still had it open?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:59:17 PM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #606 on: March 20, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
When I try the "Report to moderator" link below (several of) the spam posts here, I get a page that says

"An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

(Been a while, but I remember that the last time I used that link, I was taken to sort of a feedback page to state why I feel the post to be removal-worthy.)

Edit: Now I get that error just trying to open the thread. Guess the admins just happened to remove it while I still had it open?

The latter occurred, admin nuked it before it got reported.  But, that doesn't answer why *you* couldn't report it.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #607 on: March 21, 2020, 12:48:38 AM »

"An Error Has Occurred!

It's because I deleted the thread as you opened it. I think it was just bad timing, because now I get the same error message when I try to view the thread or the link you attached.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

JoB

« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2020, 05:05:10 AM »
Hmmm, was there an attempt to auto-modify forum signatures lately? Just now I noticed that I needed to adapt the language flags in mine, but also that the image off to its right was missing. Turns out that my .sig was suddenly up to the 500 characters limit, cut off in the middle of the "[url=...]" preceding the "[img]...[/img][/url][/td][/tr][/table]".

(So I lost the image URL, but that's not a problem, as the jokes the images refer to are quite dated, anyway.)
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2020, 10:27:11 PM »
Hmmm, was there an attempt to auto-modify forum signatures lately? Just now I noticed that I needed to adapt the language flags in mine, but also that the image off to its right was missing. Turns out that my .sig was suddenly up to the 500 characters limit, cut off in the middle of the "[url=...]" preceding the "[img]...[/img][/url][/td][/tr][/table]".

(So I lost the image URL, but that's not a problem, as the jokes the images refer to are quite dated, anyway.)

Yes, the limit is a bit smaller now, but I only changed that this month. Sorry about the chaos. The image url, at least the one that used to hold up the ip address, I'm pretty sure had been broken for a while. I remember looking at it a few months ago and wondering if maybe the url moved.

JoB

« Reply #610 on: November 22, 2020, 03:57:36 AM »
The image url, at least the one that used to hold up the ip address, I'm pretty sure had been broken for a while. I remember looking at it a few months ago and wondering if maybe the url moved.
Yeah, seems that danasoft.com went incommunicado about mid-year ... time to tidy up my room sig some more, I guess ...
Spoiler: decisions, decisions ... • show

... I suppose that linking to wtfismyip.com, moanmyip.com etc. etc. instead would get me grounded? >:D

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #611 on: November 23, 2020, 07:39:40 PM »
Yeah, seems that danasoft.com went incommunicado about mid-year ... time to tidy up my room sig some more, I guess ...
Spoiler: decisions, decisions ... • show

... I suppose that linking to wtfismyip.com, moanmyip.com etc. etc. instead would get me grounded? >:D

Yes XD but also that could end up creating a lot of bot traffic here as well which we wouldn't want either :P

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #612 on: December 18, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »
so can I center stuff
it should be a doddle
but it never seems to
:squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

I can't figure out why centering formatting works in messages, but not in posts.  Any ideas?  when I sent the above message to myself as a test, it worked fine.
People have been sending me stories for the Advent Calendar, and the centering formatting does not happen - instead the commands and their brackets appear.  It happens whether I cut and paste, or if I format freshly typed words or image tags.  For the calendar, the numeral banners are formatted as centered, and they appear, centered properly.  But, any images or text below them will not.

Edit: hey, it works in the quotes, too.  Here it is in the body of a post:
so can I center stuff
it should be a doddle
but it never seems to

Oh duck you.  NOW it doesn't happen.  A
Spoiler: we shall try it within spoilers • show

[center]so can I center stuff
it should be a doddle
but it never seems to
[/center]
 [center]:squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:[/center]

Okay, it happens within spoilers.  By design, the Advent Calendar uses spoilers.  Can this even be fixed?

Further edit: maybe not.  I found report of this glitch from January 2016.  Result then: no, it can't be fixed.  Okay.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:09:14 AM by wavewright62 »

JoB

« Reply #613 on: December 19, 2020, 03:44:19 AM »
Okay, it happens within spoilers.  By design, the Advent Calendar uses spoilers.  Can this even be fixed?
If the "Preview" function properly mirrors the actual "Post"ing, then the breakage happens only when the innermost [spoiler] has a title (i.e., is of the "[spoiler=yadda yadda]" format:

Spoiler: broken example • show

Spoiler: this title breaks it • show

[center]foo
 :squirrelcookie: bar
baz[/center]

Spoiler: works as intended • show

Spoiler: show

foo
 :squirrelcookie: bar
baz

OK, let's see what happens when I actually "Post" this ...

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #614 on: December 19, 2020, 04:02:01 AM »
oooOhhhh...  XoX *skitters off to strip titles from relevant posts*  Thank you!