Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 32769 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: Planning a Chapter Break Filler (so these next few months are bearable)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 08:25:46 PM »
That sounds like a great idea - I know other people have said it, but cozy indoor activities and a general spring/autumn vibe sounds like an excellent theme for our prompts. Shall I start thinking of a list?

Also, thegreyarea, I was thinking maybe we could have a particular, say, day of the week where people are encouraged to go out of their comfort zones. Like every Wednesday or something.

And Gwenno, some of the things you mentioned in your post sound really fun and like great ideas! I'm primarily focused on organising these chapter-break prompts, but if someone does organise the doodle or die or something else i'd be up for participating.

What, the list is not ready yet?!?

Just joking! :) But I think it's clear that you have a large support, so please go ahead. And the "out of comfort zone day" seems perfect.

As for the rest, sounds great too.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »
I've set up a google doc for potential prompts. I've already added a few based on the themes we're going with, but if you guys want to add some, feel free. Once we've got a decent collection, we can create a prompt list for the chapter break!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PHM8sz86ANL8OJUA49AqNN0h1HWq2Zv6gmJi_ahFWwQ/edit?usp=sharing

(edit: I don't know who organised the prompts nicely and put them into alphabetical order, but I am very impressed)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:03:04 AM by Keep Looking »
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 10:10:17 AM »
I've assembled a potential prompt list with the prompts on the google doc, trying to transition between ideas (because i like that kind of thing). Feel free to make any suggestions, and I might make a couple more potential lists tomorrow, but yeah. Take a look.

1 - awakening
2 - sunlight
3 - warmth
4 - nostalgia
5 - family
6 - baking
7 - harvest
8 - growth
9 - leaves
10 - flowers
11 - forest
12 - path
13 - cloudy
14 - starlight
15 - window
16 - sleep

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
I've assembled a potential prompt list with the prompts on the google doc, trying to transition between ideas (because i like that kind of thing). Feel free to make any suggestions, and I might make a couple more potential lists tomorrow, but yeah. Take a look.

So we would have one prompt a day (keeps the virus away!), all under the general theme of  "Autumn, Spring, and cozy indoors things!" ?
Seems good. I'd suggest another one, "17 - Home".

Since we don't know how long the chapter break lasts, we can go down the list (let's say a 20 item list) and that shall be enough. If, for any reason, the break lasts longer we can always add a few more by the end of the second week. (anyway Minna usually gives a clear indication of the date for the next update).
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 11:48:29 AM »
I like this list! As Frey says, maybe a few more to be on the safe side. And if you feel like making alternatives, there are always new chapter breaks.

Do you intend to keep the creators for each day secret, or do we just shout which one we want here (when you pronounce the list is final, I mean).
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »
So we would have one prompt a day (keeps the virus away!), all under the general theme of  "Autumn, Spring, and cozy indoors things!" ?
Seems good. I'd suggest another one, "17 - Home".

'Home' sounds like a good prompt, i'll add it in. And you're right - having more prompts can't hurt (better safe than sorry).

Do you intend to keep the creators for each day secret, or do we just shout which one we want here (when you pronounce the list is final, I mean).

When i've got a final list i think i'll let people claim days. I'm honestly fine having people claim days just public on here, because that'd make it easier to see who has what day so you don't ask for a day that's already taken - i would try and document which days are taken, but i can't always keep track.

Do you think I should make a different thread for day-claiming and official sign-ups once we've got a final list down?

Ruler of Changi Airport

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 08:34:20 PM »
I'm still fighting with our Learning Management System (Gaaaaaaaah! It's so badly designed!) and getting my courses online, but if I have any spare mental energy, count me in! By the time the chapter break rolls around, I hope to have everything online and be able to relax a tiny bit. Or maybe I'll just be sitting back and enjoying everyone's creativity.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »
'Home' sounds like a good prompt, i'll add it in. And you're right - having more prompts can't hurt (better safe than sorry).

When i've got a final list i think i'll let people claim days. I'm honestly fine having people claim days just public on here, because that'd make it easier to see who has what day so you don't ask for a day that's already taken - i would try and document which days are taken, but i can't always keep track.

Do you think I should make a different thread for day-claiming and official sign-ups once we've got a final list down?

I think that making the claims open so everybody sees is the best choice. I also think that we already have a large number of threads, so I'd keep everything on this one.

I never looked forward for a chapter break (and it will remain like that :) ), but this time I have the feeling that we will have some fun while we wait.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
If I may join in, I would be happy to take whatever prompt is spare. I am still getting my head around writing fiction, so any practice is good.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Sign-ups
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 03:29:18 AM »
SIGN-UPS

~~~

Alright! I have a prompt list down, so it's time to sign up. Here's how it works:

You claim a prompt and post which one you picked on here. You can choose any prompt that's not already taken. I will try to keep the prompt list updated with which ones are taken, but if you aren't sure, simply read through what others have claimed and check. For the time being, please only claim one prompt - if there are leftover days after most people have claimed a prompt, we can have a second round.

You make some kind of creative work inspired by the prompt, that also has something to do with SSSS. Art, fictional writing and poetry are the first things that spring to my mind, but if you want to bake SSSS-themed cookies or compose an epic saxaphone solo inspired by the latest chapter, go ahead! Just remember to keep things SFW. At this point in time we don't actually know when chapter break is, but I'd say be better safe than sorry, especially if you've picked an earlier prompt. I'll keep you posted when Minna starts hinting that chapter break is going to be soon.

When your work is done, send it to me by messaging. Please aim to have it done at least 2 days before your prompt is up, that way if you're running a bit late there's still some wiggle room. I'm posting at midnight forum time. If you suddenly can't complete your work, contact me as soon as you can so I can organise somebody else to do that prompt instead.

For each day in Chapter break (and perhaps a few more days at the end), I'll be posting the work corresponding to that day's prompt. On the day, people are free to respond to each prompt with their own creative works (a bit like inktober), so if you didn't get the prompt you wanted, don't stress! You can still make something for it.

Here's the prompt list, which is generally themed around indoorsy activities and/or spring/autumn
I'm striking through the ones that are taken.

1 - awakening
2 - sunlight
3 - warmth
4 - nostalgia
5 - family
6 - baking
7 - feast
8 - harvest
9 - garden
10 - growth
11 - leaves
12 - flowers
13 - forest
14 - path
15 - mist
16 - starlight
17 - window
18 - home
19 - safety
20 - sleep

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:29:39 PM by Keep Looking »

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Now ready for sign-ups!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 03:41:09 AM »
Oh and uh two more things.

1. Does anybody have a better name for this event than 'chapter break filler'? I am very bad at titles

2. There might be days when I can't post the prompt and work. Is there anybody willing to be available as backup - I'll contact you if I can't post that day's thing, send the work and you could do it instead? I just figure it's better to be safe than sorry - I don't want something to suddenly come up and leave the prompt unposted.

Ruler of Changi Airport

Count_Shrekula

• Super-Newbie
  • Damn, it really do be like that.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 03:52:58 AM »
I can post them if you ever can't, just email me the night before with the work(s) and I'll upload them on the day.
Also just like to officially note my interest in this, I haven't decided on a prompt yet but you can count me in!
Watch out for the shadow people,
in the corner of your eye.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 03:56:09 AM »
Wow, a couple of days getting ready for lockdown, and y'all have been busy in my absence!  This is excellent, and I'd love to be on board.  As I do with the Advent Calendar, I can help post the days offering(s). 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 04:23:40 AM »
Thanks, you two! I'll contact one of you if I'm ever unavailable.

Ruler of Changi Airport

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Sign-ups
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:57 AM »
I really like the idea! Count me in!

I'd like to make a lil' illustration with prompt 13 (forest), if it's not already taken. ^^
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is: