Author Topic: TTRPG Thread  (Read 8794 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: WH40k Genestealer Cult background HELP
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
Vile Xeno scum on our message board?! By the Emperor!! ;D

If they hail from a cluster of space stations they probably have a lot of pilots and technicians. You could customise the models with some Mechanicus bits (scattering some Skitarii heads among the rank and file can be really effective) and maybe have them disguise their cult as a version of the Cult Mechanicus. The Great Serpent in the Sky could be claimed to be an aspect of the Omnissiah. Maybe they could concentrate on recruiting tech adepts, and take over planets by subverting the infrastructure - a few tech priest with multiple servo-arms could be nice count-as Hybrids.

Hope that provides some inspiration!

..... *has visions of nid aligned legionius titanicus forces working in concert with Viciators and harridan air support*

By slaanessh this heresy is delightful.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
Re: Stand Still, Stay Icewind - recreating the Crew in Icewind Dale 2
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
Alright, first things first, I'm sorry for performing necromantic rituals on this thread. Starting another one for nearly the same purpose just didn't seem appropriate. Second things second, I apologize in advance for the length of the post, because I'm pretty sure it will get really long.

So I'm starting a game of Icewind Dale again, the first one this time, and as my well of inspiration runs dry, I'm turning to SSSS once more. However, creating a party in Icewind Dale 1 involves even more hassle than in 2. Quite a significant amount, in fact. That's why I'm here again, asking the best, kindest and most awesome human beings in the world (you) for help.

Except this time I'm going to explain stuff to you, so prepare for a confusing wall of text that won't help you understand anything.

So for those of you who haven't played Icewind Dale (or maybe you have and you don't remember), what's the problem? Simply put, restrictions. Lots and lots of annoying restrictions on everything, but the most painful of them is restricted multi-classing, which makes all the most fun and appropriate class combos impossible to achieve. Why is it like that? Well, if you're familiar with multi-classing rules existing in D&D since 3rd edition... it's completely different here.

In Icewind Dale, a character can be created single- or multi-classed. Multi-classed characters split their XP between all their classes, which means they advance in all of them simultaneously, but at a slower rate than single-classed characters. Moreover, multi-classed characters cannot be humans. If they are human, they can instead choose to dual-class at some point during the game. If they do so, they stop advancing in their original class altogether, and they lose all the benefits of it. Instead, they pick another class available to them and start from scratch in their new class. Once they achieve a level in their new class that is above their level in their original class, they get their benefits back, but they can never gain any progress in their original class again. Done correctly, dual-classing tends to create powerful characters, but it requires careful planning, patience and a certain amount of knowledge and experience with the game (which I do indeed happen to possess).

The allowed class combinations are:
- Fighter/Mage/Thief/Cleric (two of those in any combination),
- Fighter/Druid,
- Ranger/Cleric,
- Fighter/Mage/Cleric,
- Fighter/Mage/Thief.
No other class combinations are possible, either in multi- or dual-classing. Some of them are also race-restricted, but I don't remember that, so I'm not going to list it.

The classes are the same as from the 3rd edition onwards, but they also have sub-classes. I'm not going to explain those (unless you ask), because the post is long enough as it is.

Another thing to mention is that while optimization is very low on my list of priorities, a party absolutely must include a healer (Cleric and/or Druid) and a Thief in order to have any chance of surviving the dangers of Icewind Dale. Moreover, due to the restrictions, they must be included in the party from the start of the game.

So, there we go! The aim is the same as the first time (except more difficult): recreate the Crew as faithfully as possible class- and alignment-wise!

PS: I was considering going for the ultimate challenge run (no optimization + no reloads) with this one, but I'm hesitating. Should I give it a go, or have mercy on the poor Crew and try another time?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:57:35 PM by RanVor »

Pat the Curious Cat

• Super-Newbie
Vikingr - RPG
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »
Hello, I'm Pat the Curious Cat, I am new to this forum and forums in general. I stumbled on a RPG called Vikingr a while ago and I noticed that it seems mostly complete (thought the weapon system I find lacking).

I find it odd that it is only mentioned once, so does anyone know anything about it and if you do are you interested in a game?

URL https://github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Vikingr - RPG
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »
Hi Pat the Curious Cat/fellow newbie! I haven´t heard of this game but I think over in the SSSS-board there was a thread called "SSSS TTRPG" or something, maybe that´s what your looking for. It´s pretty old though... But it seems the game you´re referring to hasn´t been worked on in a while either, so maybe it actually refers to the same thing.

Since you´re new, you can officially introduce yourself to the forum over here if you want to: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0
Welcome either way  :))  A cookie for you: :squirrelcookie:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:48:21 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: TTRPG Thread
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »
@RanVor , I'm willing to be part of it, but I know nothing about the game. If you have the patience to explain a few... a lot of things I'll be glad to play as healer, which would mean Mikkel.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
@RanVor , I'm willing to be part of it, but I know nothing about the game. If you have the patience to explain a few... a lot of things I'll be glad to play as healer, which would mean Mikkel.
Oh boy, this is going to be a mess...

Ok, first of all, I don't think my Icewind Dale posts belong in this thread at all. If anything, they should go to the Video Game Thread. Icewind Dale is an RPG video game based on the Dungeons & Dragons system. The thread was meant purely for brainstorming ideas for recreating the characters from SSSS in that system as closely as possible. I didn't mean to host any kind of multiplayer game.

I apologize for the confusion.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2021, 03:07:33 PM »
Ran, it’s not your fault that someone has merged your question into the wrong thread :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »
Oh boy, this is going to be a mess...

Ok, first of all, I don't think my Icewind Dale posts belong in this thread at all. If anything, they should go to the Video Game Thread. Icewind Dale is an RPG video game based on the Dungeons & Dragons system. The thread was meant purely for brainstorming ideas for recreating the characters from SSSS in that system as closely as possible. I didn't mean to host any kind of multiplayer game.

I apologize for the confusion.
Sorry Ran, I misunderstood. I guess that my total lack of knowledge won't let me help you. But if I can just tell. :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2021, 04:14:35 PM »
Ran, it’s not your fault that someone has merged your question into the wrong thread :)
No, but perhaps I could have worded it more clearly.

Sorry Ran, I misunderstood. I guess that my total lack of knowledge won't let me help you. But if I can just tell. :)
Don't worry, the question hasn't been relevant in a long time anyway.

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I make art sometimes! Too many personal projects.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/They
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2022, 05:42:43 PM »
Finally posting here because i am a giant ttrpg nerd.

I’ll put fun anecdotes from my nordic based Changeling: The Lost (CtL) campaign here when it starts up. May have some ssss characters pop in as fun little easter eggs (my party does not read ssss).

And if anyone is interested in discussing systems with me i’m open!
Just one artist with too many projects and not enough time.

Fluent:🇬🇧 Learning:🇫🇮