Author Topic: Bad Space comics (spoilers)  (Read 1106 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Bad Space comics (spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2023, 06:33:46 AM »
Empires

Spoiler: show
Grey, could you elaborate why at the end you feel like it’s a wet dishcloth to the face (Finnish saying, meaning an unpleasant and surprising thing that ruins something) in the end, when it states in the very beginning that this is an alternative timeline? Or is it the statement how we are among the ones that did choose the pit?

The entire thing makes me sad. Yes, it’s an uplifting thought but also leads to regret the lost chances. I agree with you Grey that it becomes extremely speculative very fast, which of course is the point too. It makes sense that science would develop faster with all brain resources in use.

But where would that science go? Would these humans strive for the stars at all? Or would the humanity focus on making this world better, and simultaneously a much slower population growth would decrease the urge to find new frontiers? Of course, this is about parallel worldS so this one went here and no Christianity, in other ones there were Cretes saved too but different outcomes. You don’t need to go very far back for the possibilities to be so varied that it confuses the mind, all the way to 1600 BC is hopeless to even imagine.

Um, yeah, back to the point. Maybe this one thing could have made our world much better. Or maybe something else would have come along and ruined it, 300 years from ”no Thera eruption”. Whatever the timeline reasons, we have lost and keep losing such immeasurable potential of the human mind.

I can’t put this well. It’s both uplifting and heartbreaking.

BTW there’s a new story, went up on Friday!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2023, 03:43:00 PM »
Empires

Grey, could you elaborate why at the end you feel like it’s a wet dishcloth to the face (Finnish saying, meaning an unpleasant and surprising thing that ruins something) in the end, when it states in the very beginning that this is an alternative timeline? Or is it the statement how we are among the ones that did choose the pit?

The entire thing makes me sad. Yes, it’s an uplifting thought but also leads to regret the lost chances. I agree with you Grey that it becomes extremely speculative very fast, which of course is the point too. It makes sense that science would develop faster with all brain resources in use.

But where would that science go? Would these humans strive for the stars at all? Or would the humanity focus on making this world better, and simultaneously a much slower population growth would decrease the urge to find new frontiers? Of course, this is about parallel worldS so this one went here and no Christianity, in other ones there were Cretes saved too but different outcomes. You don’t need to go very far back for the possibilities to be so varied that it confuses the mind, all the way to 1600 BC is hopeless to even imagine.

Um, yeah, back to the point. Maybe this one thing could have made our world much better. Or maybe something else would have come along and ruined it, 300 years from ”no Thera eruption”. Whatever the timeline reasons, we have lost and keep losing such immeasurable potential of the human mind.

I can’t put this well. It’s both uplifting and heartbreaking.

BTW there’s a new story, went up on Friday!
Still about Empires, and answering to Jitter:

Yes, it's the statement in the end that reminds we are among the ones that chose the pit.

Because in the beginning it's clear we're talking about a parallel reality, but being an optimistic person I tend to assume it's our Alternate Universe. It's how we could be if...

But that final statment says it's not about us. We are the same, and even that fictional door is closed slammed on our face. They did well, they found a brighter path, we didn't, and remain stuck in our problems...

Well. we didn't... so far, because the optmistic Grey thinks: Hey, we had made many mistakes, already paid dearly for some, and will keep paying in the foreseeable future, but we also did many good things, and with luck, endurance and hard work we may reach that brighter path. :)

Also I notice that your Finnish saying "wet dishcloth to the face" is still a lot less uncomfortable than being hit by ours "bucket of cold water"...  ;D

And I noticed the new story too. And read it... I'll get there, but I think it's better to keep reading them in chronological order, don't you agree?

Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2023, 05:32:47 PM »
Yeah, the newest story seems to relate to some of others. My note wasmeant to alert others who may have read all the stories and already left the site behind.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2023, 04:26:08 PM »
So here’s finally there Bad Space thread, please carry on with the story by story discussion.