Author Topic: Barbarous (netcomic) SPOILERS  (Read 10431 times)

catbirds

Re: Barbarous (netcomic) SPOILERS
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2021, 12:01:25 AM »
Yeah, I agree! We rarely get to see magical beings' internal struggles in media, so I really like that we get a peek into his inner turmoil and it's easy to empathize with him. I hope this chapter focuses on him more.

And on another note, I still love how the page composition in recent pages have been relatively simple, yet perfect at getting the mood and emotion of a scene across. This is maybe the fourth webcomic I've ever read, and probably my favourite in terms of page composition.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »
Ahahaa, boob buddies  ;D

Leeds is going to go absolutely bonkers to not know how Percy is feeling, isn’t he? What a learning experience for him!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »
That's a really good point. It's probably going to be a mixture of joy at not being controlled, but with also suddenly missing a sense altogether, at least in relation to Percy -- as if you suddenly couldn't look at your friend and see where they were.

thorny

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2021, 10:46:50 PM »
aaaand I just checked the blog page and it says

BARBAROUS CHAPTER 6 IS OVER!

Thank you SO much for reading! We left it on a bit of a cliffhanger lol... what can I say, we like to keep it spicy lmao

-- did they leave it there temporarily, or is that a statement that the comic's over, at least for the indefinite future?

This is frustrating. That's more than "a bit" of a cliffhanger.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2021, 02:24:24 AM »
I think it’s essentially a chapter break, but it’s irritating that they don’t say how long. I guess we should check back every now and then. There were breaks between the previous chapters too.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »
Barbarous is still in break, but this Pixels of You thing took an interesting turn! Which is also kind of exasperating because this says ‘preview’ so I’m expecting it to stop any time.

catbirds

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2021, 01:32:29 PM »
Yeah, Pixels of You is going to be sold as a complete published comic. The artists probably do a lot of work on the side. This is the page that says it's coming out next February, so in fact it's mostly complete, probably? The way they upload these pages into the same flow of pages as Barbarous is kind of weird and confusing, though.

I'm kind of hoping there's going to be a romance between the two photographers. Hopefully.

Aaaah, but anyway, it'll be fine, Barbarous will probably be back once they finish work on that. They definitely could be better at disclosing this information to the audience, but also maybe I'm just too used to the SSSS Ultra-Regular Update Schedule.

thorny

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »
It's interesting; I really like Barbarous but I really cannot get into Pixels.

catbirds

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2021, 09:54:46 PM »
It's interesting; I really like Barbarous but I really cannot get into Pixels.

That's pretty much a given. It's totally different in nature! Barbarous is mostly focused on magic systems and the setting and characters' personal/emotional struggles are things more of us can probably understand, if you're older than, I dunno, 17? Pixels is a little in the future, with robot guys and a generally urban (metropolitan?) feeling. And I don't know how many of us are gallery photographers or anything like that.

Honestly, I don't really like stories with that kind of atmosphere. But the art style's nice and if there's an f/f pairing that I find interesting, I'd make an exception. Considering the most recent page though, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up too much :P

catbirds

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2021, 04:28:11 AM »
Oh, LOL, I mistook Fawn's mother to be her partner :P

So it looks like it's an android family? Is Fawn also an android, or an adopted human?

Also, I'm starting to get a clearer and clearer image of what Fawn and Indira were looking at.

Still haven't found any news on when Barbarous is coming back, though ;;

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2021, 05:36:25 AM »
Catbirds, I did too :) I don’t think it was coincidence either. Being an android (extremely pale skintone would be explained) or in any case with an android background does explain her discomfort at the exhibition piece featuring androids, presumably a photograph taken by a human.

catbirds

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2021, 01:39:26 AM »
Looks like there's a slightly early new year's message! What an adorable drawing.

Catbirds, I did too :) I don’t think it was coincidence either. Being an android (extremely pale skintone would be explained) or in any case with an android background does explain her discomfort at the exhibition piece featuring androids, presumably a photograph taken by a human.

Oh yeah, I think that's what her mom means by "natural chassis"? That's a very sweet mother-daughter moment and I hope both parents get to interact soon. They sound very caring :'D

Also, I didn't notice her round wrist joints earlier. Or maybe it looked like a stylistic choice, idk!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »
I hadn’t read that page before now. Yea, that’s what it obviously means.

I also didn’t notice the joints, or didn’t pay any attention, even when I was already thinking she may be an android! Not before you pointed it out. And yet it’s very obvious on many pages (not all, on p 6 it’s not showing at all) when you are paying attention. Goes to show how we see what we expect to see!

thorny

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
Looks like there's a slightly early new year's message! What an adorable drawing.

Thanks for calling attention to that! I had stopped checking.

Hope it means that Barbarous will be back fairly soon.