Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72596 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »
Amelia eyes lit up.
:norway: "You will? Thank you"

She turned her head back towards the tank
:norway: "AAAAXEEEEEL!"

She waited for him to come near, then barked

:norway: "New guy is coming with us, at least until he's lead us to the first town. That means you and him will work together on the scouting. You can also speak scotlandic, right? Makes things a lot easier that you two work together"

She motioned to Jack

:norway: "Get some food both of you, then get ready and head out. The rest of us will follow in the Arctic Fox, uh, the vehicle"

Jack quietly ate some food, he seemed a little concerned about something, but it was hard to pin down what all it was.

Axel nodded, and grabbed and ate breakfast with alarming speed and silence before turning to Jack as the latter was finishing their own food.
:scotland: "You're with me. Let's go."
Without further explanation he began heading in the direction of the town, Ylva trotting at his heels.
It was difficult to tell, but he seemed vaguely irritated by... something.

As soon as Axel started off Jack grabbed his bag, returned the utensils to Runar, and attempted to return the kitten before he took off to follow along, his long stride allowed him to easily catch up to Axel. Once they were out of earshot of the rest of the group Jack spoke up,

":scotland: what is '[bad :norway:]Scouting'?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
Jack quietly ate some food, he seemed a little concerned about something, but it was hard to pin down what all it was.

As soon as Axel started off Jack grabbed his bag, returned the utensils to Runar, and attempted to return the kitten before he took off to follow along, his long stride allowed him to easily catch up to Axel. Once they were out of earshot of the rest of the group Jack spoke up,

Rúnar took he utensils, quickly cleaned up and got to the driver's seat. He turned on the tank and waited for everyone to get in, and for an order to move out.

Kitten stayed on Jack's head.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »

Axel blinked. :scotland: "Scouting?" Seeing Jack's blank incomprehension, he sighed. "Right. So. We move out ahead of the main group, and we check out the way to our destination - in this case, that town you mentioned that supposedly has people living in it. We make sure nothing to bad is nearby, the tank follows us, et cetera. Speaking of - which direction is that town?"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:07:06 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »
Axel blinked. :scotland: "Scouting?" Seeing Jack's blank incomprehension, he sighed. "Right. So. We move out ahead of the main group, and we check out the way to our destination - in this case, that town you mentioned that supposedly has people living in it. We make sure nothing to bad is nearby, the tank follows us, et cetera. Speaking of - which direction is that town?"

":scotland: Ok then."

He gave the kitten some earscritches as he followed along for the explanation. After a few moments of contemplation he points southwest along the coast, "About a day's walk."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »

He gave the kitten some earscritches as he followed along for the explanation. After a few moments of contemplation he points southwest along the coast, "About a day's walk."

Kitten began to purr on the top of his head.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »

Axel nodded, and set off at a loping run. :scotland: "Try to keep up."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #411 on: September 28, 2019, 01:46:22 AM »
Axel nodded, and set off at a loping run. :scotland: "Try to keep up."

Jack shrugged and quietly kept pace.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »
Axel's run wasn't the fastest it could be...but it was still quick, and he didn't stop, didn't slow down at all. He just kept going in the same direction, for hours on end, quietly noting every detail of his surroundings and not finding a single thing that was dangerous or important.
This continued for some time.

Temteno

« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »
- The tank followed the two trekkers, who scouted ahead for anything dangerous. Luckily, nothing turned up as they passed the city with a side-road. Air was crisp and refreshing and the fields and occasional trees glowed with orange and yellow leaves. The sun had gone past its peak and now it started to get late. Second day of the expedition started to get its end and the darkness started to loom over the crew members and Jack.

In the horizon Axel and Jack could see a silhouette of a town. Few houses started to wind up on the small road the tank and scouters went on, but they all seemed to be abandoned. Still, no sights of trolls were seen despite them coming close to a town.
Jack would know that this is the town that had the scrapes of what was left of the Scotts. -
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 06:32:19 PM by Temteno »

Solokov

« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
- The tank followed the two trekkers, who scouted ahead for anything dangerous. Nothing turned up luckily as they passed the city with a side-road. Air was crisp and refreshing and the fields and occasional trees glowed with orange and yellow leaves. The sun had gone past its peak and now it started to get late. Second day of the expedition started to get its end and the darkness started to loom over the crew members and Jack.

In the horizon Axel and Jack could see a silhouette of a town. Few houses started to wind up on the small road the tank and scouters went on, but they all seemed to be abandoned. No sights of trolls were still seen despite them coming close to a town.
Jack would know that this is the town that had the scrapes of what was left of the Scotts. -

Jack loped along and spoke up, the first time in a while, as though pre-empting the question of where the people were.

":scotland: They place isn't abandoned, they just kinda... Roll up the paths come dark."

He didn't look to be so concerned about the darkness as he was night before. The road was well marked, and they had passsed standing stones that were strung to carved stakes with salt stained fiberous rope along with lines cut into the sod that were sprinkled with a mix of salt and dried herbs of varying degrees of odorocity that stretched out into the dusky fields and seemed to curve into a circle around the settlement they were approaching. At some point earlier in the day, he had refered to the town as 'Bunndale'.

"... Your tank probably won't be able to cross the bridges though now that I think on it... Not unless they upgraded since last I was here."

the standing stones and totem-like stakes definitely were runecarved and the sod cuts seemed to amplify the magic as thin strands of energy crisscrossed the air faintly catching the light of the setting sun to reveal a birdcage like wardnet surrounding the town.

Further ahead a much larger distortion was visible emenating from the center of the silhouetted houses, the magic itself seemed to move exactly like the how Runar's runes affected magic around the tank and trailer, just on a far larger scale.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:03:42 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Temteno

« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2019, 04:50:51 PM »
Anne yawned and ruffled on her bed. Finally she sat up with a slow movement and her hair was messy. The woman listened the rolling of the tank and blinked few times as she looked around her.
In the tank she couldn't see how far the day had gone already. The sleep she had gotten was still enough to keep her moving.

Anne slid off from her bed and a thud could be heard when she fell down in agile way. She tried to sort her hair and walked quietly in the moving tank.
She sleepily glanced at Elin. Anne tapped the Swede on her shoulder.
:sweden: "Morning. Where are we heading?" she asked nonchalantly and tried to glance through the windows what could be seen. Oh, it was getting dark - she had slept pretty long.
:sweden: "Egh, looks like I slept pretty late. I've became an owl then", she cracked a sleepy smile.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 06:32:58 PM by Temteno »

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2019, 07:37:51 AM »
Anne yawned and ruffled on her bed. Finally she sat up with a slow movement and her hair was messy. The woman listened the rolling of the tank and blinked few times as she looked around her.
In the tank she couldn't see how far the day had gone already. The sleep she had gotten was still enough to keep her moving.

Anne slid off from her bed and a thud could be heard when she fell down in agile way. She tried to sort her hair and walked quietly in the moving tank.
She sleepily glanced at Elin. Anne tapped the Swede on her shoulder.
:sweden: "Morning. Where are we heading?" she asked nonchalantly and tried to glance through the windows what could be seen. Oh, it was getting dark - she had slept pretty long.
:sweden: "Egh, looks like I slept pretty late. I've became an owl then", she cracked a sleepy smile.

Elin turned to Anne, glad to see she was awake, " :sweden: Oh, we've just been following Axel and that new guy all day, I think they're taking us to the next town. We haven't encountered any trouble yet, so we've just been relaxing in the tank," Elin smiled, "I'm pretty sure all night scouts are owls."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »
- The tank followed the two trekkers, who scouted ahead for anything dangerous. Luckily, nothing turned up as they passed the city with a side-road. Air was crisp and refreshing and the fields and occasional trees glowed with orange and yellow leaves. The sun had gone past its peak and now it started to get late. Second day of the expedition started to get its end and the darkness started to loom over the crew members and Jack.

In the horizon Axel and Jack could see a silhouette of a town. Few houses started to wind up on the small road the tank and scouters went on, but they all seemed to be abandoned. Still, no sights of trolls were seen despite them coming close to a town.

:norway: "Town! Almost there" Rúnar loudly announced. He's been driving al day, few short breaks aside.

He was pretty tired. And uncomfortable from sitting in the same position whole day.

Maybe someone else will cook. And clean.

Yes.

Solokov

« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »
Jack yawned as they approached the town and began digging through his messenger bag.

Rather than the warding plates, he instead pulled several folded pieces of paper from them, names were scribbled onto the side next to a plain wax seal.

He mumbled quietly, and almost inaudibly as he sorted through them.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Temteno

« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2019, 01:53:19 PM »
Elin turned to Anne, glad to see she was awake, " :sweden: Oh, we've just been following Axel and that new guy all day, I think they're taking us to the next town. We haven't encountered any trouble yet, so we've just been relaxing in the tank," Elin smiled, "I'm pretty sure all night scouts are owls."

Anne blinked few times and it took a lot of time for her to catch a hint. Oh yeah, didn't Amelia talk about some town with people alive? She looked uncomfortable and scratched her neck but flashed a smile to Elin.
:sweden: "You bet! I haven't met any scout that hadn't been at some degree an introvert."
She glanced through the window.
:sweden: "But I bet you know more about that", she said but didn't look Elin into her eyes.

:norway: "Town! Almost there" Rúnar loudly announced. He's been driving al day, few short breaks aside.

Anne looked through a side window and yes, Runar was right: there was a silhouette of a town ahead. Pit formed into her stomach and the woman moved her tense arms and tried to do anything. She wasn't even fully awake.

-

A man sat besides a gate and felt his eyes shut time to time. The rusty gate made out of an old time's metal wouldn't keep anyone out if they tried to barge in, but he didn't look too worried about that. His glance perked up when something move in the horizon. He stood up and bit his nails as he ran another hand through his dirty and shaggy black hair. He wasn't that big and looked very ordinary, but had odd birthmarks on his face. His arms tensed and he inhaled.

People came and went off and it's perfectly normal. But the rumbling noise in the distance made him uneasy and the figures swaying towards didn't look familiar at all.
:scotland: "Bearnas", he said with an odd tone and that made a round woman with short brown hair peak behind the metal mess that they called a gate. Her eyes fell to the man and she stood up and walked over to him.
The man nodded towards the horizon and the woman squinted her eyes. She pat the mans back.

:scotland: "What's with that rumbling?" she asked but the man shook his head. None of them didn't move anywhere though and they waited calmly but with alert close to the gates.