Author Topic: Phantomarine - with spoilers  (Read 2055 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: Phantomarine - with spoilers
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2022, 05:22:06 AM »
Also seeing those OSHA-noncompliant stairs in action fills me with unease.
Why, the stairs are obviously restricted to those dressed as birds. :P

... those grated openings at the bottom and the tower shape ... is that "pyre" actually a Bessemer converter?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2023, 04:23:12 PM »
Well Today's comic is definitely a cliff-hanger...
Spoiler: show
Amos??
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »
Who is this person? What is going on? Where is Phaedra’s body? Why? Why?!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

dmeck7755

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »
Who is this person? What is going on? Where is Phaedra’s body? Why? Why?!

I wonder what Halea wants with it.  When they pulled it from the sea it was pretty nasty,

-Frank Zappa

dreki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: He/they
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 02:21:03 PM »
Without knowing loads about the magic in this world I can imagine potentially a lot of things could be done with a full body, especially from the royal bloodline, even one that's a bit gross.

This seems implied to be a deity of some kind, I wonder if she's aware of Cheth's plan and hoping to sabotage it with the princess's body?

A kinder suggestion would be that using a less grotesque body is for the sake of the people. (similar to the modern embalming process & putting makeup on the corpse)  However this kindness would not fit with the accusatory sentiment.  "Surprise, she's actually a really nice person who's just looking out for everyone's best interests by lying to them!!~~~"

dmeck7755

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 01:14:02 PM »
Without knowing loads about the magic in this world I can imagine potentially a lot of things could be done with a full body, especially from the royal bloodline, even one that's a bit gross.

This seems implied to be a deity of some kind, I wonder if she's aware of Cheth's plan and hoping to sabotage it with the princess's body?

A kinder suggestion would be that using a less grotesque body is for the sake of the people. (similar to the modern embalming process & putting makeup on the corpse)  However this kindness would not fit with the accusatory sentiment.  "Surprise, she's actually a really nice person who's just looking out for everyone's best interests by lying to them!!~~~"

Halea...hmmm....Nah!!

-Frank Zappa

Linebyline

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2023, 09:56:34 PM »
Speculation in the comments is that Halea is wearing out and her puppeteer is looking for a new body. Some have noted a slight discoloration of her skin peeking out from behind the ever-present green scarf. I'm not convinced that means she's dead, if only because sending Halea to Cheth would definitely give away the game. But her body could still be having a bad reaction to its overbearing extra occupant, a problem a prettied-up zombie wouldn't have.

It probably also means something that, despite the decayed condition of her body, Phaedra is not actually dead. Not entirely. She won her life back, after all; her ghostly state is because that life is being shared among her friends and dog. I wonder if that is part of why "Halea" has plans for Phae's body: It's (arguably) not technically a dead body, but it is unoccupied.

Have to feel for Daphne, at any rate. She thinks she's surrounded by friends and fellow mourners when instead it's two puppets of a hateful, scheming goddess.

As for who that goddess is? The obvious answer is Cheline but her villainous demeanor here doesn't quite mesh with Cheth's feelings about his sister. Is he simply wrong, or is this creature no more Cheline than she is Halea?

(Also, speaking of mysteries, we still don't know who Snowbelle is. My guess is Euphemia but I'm not laying down money.)
"Dialogue is not all we need. Just pure communication is not an end in itself. But it's a start, and if we refuse to start, how can we expect to finish?"
- Simcha Fisher

Mastodon: @Linebyline@bytetower.social

dmeck7755

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2023, 09:02:45 AM »
Speculation in the comments is that Halea is wearing out and her puppeteer is looking for a new body. Some have noted a slight discoloration of her skin peeking out from behind the ever-present green scarf. I'm not convinced that means she's dead, if only because sending Halea to Cheth would definitely give away the game. But her body could still be having a bad reaction to its overbearing extra occupant, a problem a prettied-up zombie wouldn't have.

Unless she's keeping it to control Phae (power over the body=Power over the soul?)

It probably also means something that, despite the decayed condition of her body, Phaedra is not actually dead. Not entirely. She won her life back, after all; her ghostly state is because that life is being shared among her friends and dog. I wonder if that is part of why "Halea" has plans for Phae's body: It's (arguably) not technically a dead body, but it is unoccupied.

I am not sure Halea (or whoever) knows about Phae's deal (and win) over Cheth

Have to feel for Daphne, at any rate. She thinks she's surrounded by friends and fellow mourners when instead it's two puppets of a hateful, scheming goddess.

As for who that goddess is? The obvious answer is Cheline but her villainous demeanor here doesn't quite mesh with Cheth's feelings about his sister. Is he simply wrong, or is this creature no more Cheline than she is Halea?

There is some thought that Shoshana is trying to usurp everyone and can be the baddie.  Unless at the fracture Cheline was split and we have a good side and a bad side. Or some god to be named later.  Though Halea is definitely possessed and Amos is "in on it".

(Also, speaking of mysteries, we still don't know who Snowbelle is. My guess is Euphemia but I'm not laying down money.)

That is my guess also.  Though it will surly come as a surprise

-Frank Zappa

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2023, 03:06:48 PM »
It doesn’t seem to me that Amos is puppeteered by the same entity as Halea, as they seem to be conversing. He may be held or forced, or may have chosen to embrace the dark side willingly, but if were the same mind inside him he wouldn’t call the entity ”your divinity”, right? Or did I misunderstand something?

Who is Euphemia again?

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

dmeck7755

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2023, 05:43:31 PM »
It doesn’t seem to me that Amos is puppeteered by the same entity as Halea, as they seem to be conversing. He may be held or forced, or may have chosen to embrace the dark side willingly, but if were the same mind inside him he wouldn’t call the entity ”your divinity”, right? Or did I misunderstand something?

Who is Euphemia again?

I was thinking that Amos knows, and he went to the "dark side".  I think he is not a puppet, but threw in on that side. He probably can communicate mentally because he is on their side.  (Or they all can)

Though maybe they have psychic powers. When Euphemia was annoyed and was thinking about what Halea is, Halea had responded. (https://www.phantomarine.com/comic/69-a-poor-player and https://www.phantomarine.com/comic/610-watching-the-watcher)

Euphemia is the Grandma
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:47:20 PM by dmeck7755 »

-Frank Zappa

FrancesWalsh

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 10:10:37 AM »
I finally found a theme for myself, I do not know why, but I love to spoil, I tell everything, and I can not help it .

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2023, 11:25:08 AM »
As long as you keep it to the threads where the spoiler warning is on the topic it’s ok. But intentionally giving spoilers with no warning is not cool. Just so you know, it will not be treated with understanding here.

Linebyline

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2023, 01:33:56 PM »
Whoops, I've failed to keep up with this thread. Mea culpa.

So it's interesting that Euphemia didn't seem to be in telepathic communication with Cheline(?) until she put on the suspiciously Cheth-colored glasses (that suspiciously resemble Garth's). Amos, and now Silas, seem to be in communication even without such tools, or at least without appearing to possess any. So were the glasses a red (*cough*) herring, or is there some difference between Euphemia and Amos/Silas? And if it's not the glasses (and the other two having some items we haven't seen yet), then why do these three have a link?

I'm guessing Cheline(?) can't just read everyone's mind, since Cheth can't.

Incidentally, @FrancesWalsh, just in case you didn't already know, spoiler tags will be your best friends:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Thing being spoiled]Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are the same person![/spoiler]
"Dialogue is not all we need. Just pure communication is not an end in itself. But it's a start, and if we refuse to start, how can we expect to finish?"
- Simcha Fisher

Mastodon: @Linebyline@bytetower.social

dmeck7755

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2023, 09:10:04 AM »
IF you read today's comic

SHUDDER!!!

-Frank Zappa

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2023, 11:48:04 AM »
I more or less guessed what it’s going to be, but yeah. Not a lovely picture!