Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 45665 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2021, 07:58:11 PM »
Marianne looks confusedly at Saga, then Alergo, then Oliver, then back to Saga, then walks off, heading for the ship's controls.  She heard "permission to approach" in there at least once.  Might as well wait at her post. 

She's just reached the deck when she figures out what was going on in that bizarre conversation.

Heh. That's what you get for not giving your translator time to wake up.

The medic--what's his name?--seems to be watching something intently through the scope of his rifle.  Marianne approaches.

"What are you looking at?"

Leo doesn't look up from the rifle, :is: "Don't know yet. One-twenty meters off our stern, what do you see?" he uses a pinky finger to point, at a distance what he is aiming at appears like a bundle of seaweed.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:41:39 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2021, 10:17:30 PM »
Leo doesn't look up from the rifle, :ic: "Don't know yet. One-twenty meters off our stern, what do you see?" he uses a pinky finger to point, at a distance what he is aiming at appears like a bundle of seaweed.

:is: "Jack shit from this distance.  Just a moment."

Marianne retrieves a set of binoculars from a hook near the helm and returns to the medic's side to peer through them.

"I still don't see anyth--wait.  Yep.  Something's moving.  Has it left that spot?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Solokov

« Reply #497 on: June 15, 2021, 12:43:30 PM »

Marianne retrieves a set of binoculars from a hook near the helm and returns to the medic's side to peer through them.

"I still don't see anyth--wait.  Yep.  Something's moving.  Has it left that spot?"

:is: "No. It's been matching our speed for fifteen minutes. Don't see any trailing strands from the boat so I don't think we're snagged on anything."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #498 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »

After finishing her coffee, Dísa starts strolling up and down the deck in search for something interesting to see. Sadly she remains unsuccessfull. But then she notices Leo looking at something in the distance. At this point Marianne too is looking there.

She steps to them. A bit more excited than she probably should be she blurts out: ":is: DidyouseeaSeabeast!?"

Since she doesn´t have binoculars, all she can do is squint her eyes.

"Hm. Looks more like seaweed..."

She sends out her mage-senses, but the thing is still just a bit out of reach.

:is: "No. It's been matching our speed for fifteen minutes. Don't see any trailing strands from the boat so I don't think we're snagged on anything."

"Or not. Seaweed wouldn´t be following us."

Okay, enough with the childishness. This might mean trouble. But the runes should hold it off, if it is actually a beast.

"It´s still outside my radius, so I can´t tell if it´s dangerous. But it is worrying that it holds its position, even though we should technically be invisible for it."

She nervously looks at the big rune on the deck. No, she didn´t make a mistake there. And she double-checked every single rune she drew too. That can´t be it.
Well, a lot of these hiding-runes only work as long as what is approaching doesn´t know they´re there. That might explain it. A possible threat knowing that they´re here of course isn´t great, but there are still more lines of protection put into place. It´ll be fine.

Careful with what you wish for, Dísa... Seing a beast always means danger too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:15:08 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #499 on: June 15, 2021, 01:29:54 PM »
Saga clearly doesn't wake up. Absent in mind as she is, she looks down at the paper she was given.
"Gu korpora Lanke Oliver..."

Mind blank.

:is: "...professor, I think I'm in the wrong class..." She hands the paper back to Alergo, closes the door and goes back to sleep.

By the Sidhe, this woman is useless. I'll go talk to the helmswoman.

Oliver heads up onto the deck, to see and hear the commotion. He joins the gaggle of crew, and turns to Leo.
 :is: "Do you want to shoot it, or shall I? I can get the arrow back at this range."
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #500 on: June 15, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »

Oliver heads up onto the deck, to see and hear the commotion. He joins the gaggle of crew, and turns to Leo.
 :is: "Do you want to shoot it, or shall I? I can get the arrow back at this range."

Harald has been watching the ridiculousness for some time.
He slowly limps over to the rail, holding his hammer in one hand.
He very obviously trusts the Seaweed of Suspicion even less than the owl.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #501 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »

:is: "It blinked." Leo states matter of factly  as he mechanically pulls the trigger on his rifle and a single shot cracks through the air.  Thankfully with the suppressor on the rifle everyone present is spared hearing loss.

The seaweed mass pops with a wet plap spraying yellow and orange viscus fluids out in a growing sheen across the water as the report from the gunshot echoes back across the relatively calm seas.

He watches the mass of viscera for a time, the distance between the boat and it growing steadily, before dropping his rifle and resuming his deck patrol.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #502 on: July 04, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »
Svenny blinks awake from his nap between sleeping through the nausea. Was that a boom tube? He yawns, stretches, drops off the layers of comfyness and trots around the outside of the box.

There's some nasty smell, but it's going away, and doesn't smell happy. He assumes that a long legs has dealt with it, and decides to invest in finding some food by finding the nice female that feeds him and rubbing up against her as a hint.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2021, 11:49:55 AM »
:is: "It blinked." Leo states matter of factly  as he mechanically pulls the trigger on his rifle and a single shot cracks through the air.  Thankfully with the suppressor on the rifle everyone present is spared hearing loss.

The seaweed mass pops with a wet plap spraying yellow and orange viscus fluids out in a growing sheen across the water as the report from the gunshot echoes back across the relatively calm seas.

He watches the mass of viscera for a time, the distance between the boat and it growing steadily, before dropping his rifle and resuming his deck patrol.

Ok, so there´s that. Ew. Anyways.

":is: Good shot.", Dísa tells Leo as he turns to leave. Before she resumes her own patrol, she looks at the now seemingly veering away mass one more time, trying to guess what it could have been.

"If this was a troll, it means we´re getting near a coast. They tend to stay relatively close to the land if they used to be humans. Are we planning on landing somewhere soon?", she asks the people present.

Svenny blinks awake from his nap between sleeping through the nausea. Was that a boom tube? He yawns, stretches, drops off the layers of comfyness and trots around the outside of the box.

There's some nasty smell, but it's going away, and doesn't smell happy. He assumes that a long legs has dealt with it, and decides to invest in finding some food by finding the nice female that feeds him and rubbing up against her as a hint.

Dísa sees Svenny walk on deck. He doesn´t look as sickly anymore, seems like he´s adjusting to the boat. That´s a relief.

":is: Oh look who´s feeling better! Are you hungry?"

Wait, where do they keep the catfood again?
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: