Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 45665 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »
A hopeful glow appears in the girl´s eyes. ":is: Yes! thank you. Uh... :fi: Finnish better? I not good, but can try." She searches for words for a bit. "Uhm... is this house?" She points at the building the  man from earlier had just disappeared in, and a red-haired woman is now knocking at.

Leo glances from the girl to his map, to the officefront, back to the map and finally back to the girl. :is: "Maybe? You work for Leif?" He sips the remainder of his coffee as he waits on a response.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:06:24 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 03:06:03 PM »
Harald puts the hammer down, rummages through his pack a bit, and pulls out a battered passport. :no: "I have no living family or friends," he says calmly. "So there is no need to contact anyone."
Harald slowly gets to his feet, walks over to the woman, and offers her a hand up.

Another, younger, man comes through the door, without even a thought of knocking. He's a few centimeteres shorter and significantly less well built than the blacksmith , although clearly quite strong, particularly across the arms and back. He wears a set of dark green khaki fatigues under a heavily modified stab-proof vest, covered in various leather straps and braces to hold various pieces of equipment on, and across his back, over a substantial backpack, is slung an old hunting shotgun and an unstrung yew longbow. His hair the colour of oak bark and his eyes that of early autumn leaves, his accent clearly that of somone who only recently learned Icelandic.  :sct: "Yep, this looks like the right place". He glances at the blacksmith helping a curly haired woman to her feet, then turns to the man at the other end of the room and says   :is: " Someone told me to report here, because apparently you need a scout for this little outing of yours" 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 05:50:19 AM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
Leo glances from the girl to his map, to the officefront, back to the map and finally back to the girl. :is: "Maybe? You work for Leif?" He sips the remainder of his coffee as he waits on a response.

By now the woman´s view wanders exceedingly irritated back and forth between Leo´s coffee-cup, a clock on a stock-hall nearby and the building´s door, where progressively more people are entering. When answering the question though, she´s just as friendly as before. But she does switch back to Icelandic, as the tall man with the coffee didn´t bother to react to her offering to speak Finnish. :is: "Yes, I do."
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 03:17:05 PM »
Harald slowly gets to his feet, walks over to the woman, and offers her a hand up.

Astrid felt her cheeks flame up. Oh what a way to make an entrance Nilsen she scolded herself, mortified. A large hand makes its way into her field of vision. She takes it, grateful for the help. She raised her head to discern her savior and let out a rather juvenile squeak. He was a giant man with a rather impressive beard. Standing up, her head arrived around his elbows. She mentally cursed her short stature and held her hand out. :no: "Thank you. I'm Astrid Nilsen. This is the office for the Expedition to the Southlands, right?" As a cat treat fell out of her braid, she crossed her fingers that she was indeed in the right place, and that she hadn't just barged into a random meeting.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 03:19:29 PM »
Astrid felt her cheeks flame up. Oh what a way to make an entrance Nilsen she scolded herself, mortified. A large hand makes its way into her field of vision. She takes it, grateful for the help. She raised her head to discern her savior and let out a rather juvenile squeak. He was a giant man with a rather impressive beard. Standing up, her head arrived around his elbows. She mentally cursed her short stature and held her hand out. :no: "Thank you. I'm Astrid Nilsen. This is the office for the Expedition to the Southlands, right?" As a cat treat fell out of her braid, she crossed her fingers that she was indeed in the right place, and that she hadn't just barged into a random meeting.

:no: "Yes," the large man says flatly.

Another, younger, man comes through the door, without even a thought of knocking. He's a few centimeteres shorter and significantly less well built than the blacksmith , although clearly quite strong, particularly across the arms and back. He wears a set of khaki fatigues, covered in various leather straps and braces to hold various pieces of equipment on, and across his back, over a substantial backpack, is slung an old hunting shotgun and an unstrung yew longbow. His hair the colour of oak bark and his eyes that of early autumn leaves, his accent clearly that of somone who only recently learned Icelandic. "Yep, this looks like the right place". He glances at the blacksmith helping a curly haired woman to her feet, then turns to the man at the other end of the room and says   :is: " Someone told me to report here, because apparently you need a scout for this little outing of yours" 

The blacksmith looks the younger man over, expression unchanging.

Harald then looks back at Astrid. :no: "What is your job, then?" he asks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:26:44 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 03:25:46 PM »

Not taking his eyes from leif, he says, calmly and clearly, but mispronouncing every third word  :is:  "Oh, yeah, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Lance-corporal Oliver Harwood. You contacted me a few weeks ago through someone on an expedition into Scotland I was accompanying"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:43:54 AM by R.M.S.N.P »

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2020, 03:29:53 PM »
Harald puts the hammer down, rummages through his pack a bit, and pulls out a battered passport. :no: "I have no living family or friends," he says calmly. "So there is no need to contact anyone."

:is: "Says he doesn't have family or friends" Saga says, taking his passport. Finnish?!
"Brilliant. Nobody to sue me if he dies" Leif says brightly.
She begins to write down Harald's information, adding him to the crew list. Clearly, Leif decided to hire him. Might as well do it proper, then.

Astrid arrived on the docks, excitement bubbling in her chest. She could hear the new lands waiting to be explored calling out to her. A smile split on her face so wide it hurt. Unable to suppress it, she hid it by pretending to double-check her bag. As if she hadn't quadruple checked it before she left home, and a few dozen more times on the boat ride here. Looking around, the smell of the sea assaulting her nostrils, she felt a shiver snake along her spine. Gathering up her stuff, she started to walk along the boats docked up, trying to remember the instructions to the expedition office. Another burst of excitement took over her, and she started skipping for a good 3 meters before she realized that it was very unprofessional. She got lost a few times trying to find her way, but her pride would not let her ask for help. When she finally arrived, she knocked three times on the door, placing one hand on the handle to try and steady her nerves. Stupid move. The door opened and she promptly fell inside, her pack falling open, and quite a few cat treats spilling on her. Well, this was embarrassing.

(sorry, I didn't notice the post bc it posted while I was writing a reply above, sorryyy)
(also present tense, please)

Another, younger, man comes through the door, without even a thought of knocking. He's a few centimeteres shorter and significantly less well built than the blacksmith , although clearly quite strong, particularly across the arms and back. He wears a set of khaki fatigues, covered in various leather straps and braces to hold various pieces of equipment on, and across his back, over a substantial backpack, is slung an old hunting shotgun and an unstrung yew longbow. His hair the colour of oak bark and his eyes that of early autumn leaves, his accent clearly that of someone who only recently learned Icelandic. "Yep, this looks like the right place". He glances at the blacksmith helping a curly haired woman to her feet, then turns to the man at the other end of the room and says   :is: " Someone told me to report here, because apparently you need a scout for this little outing of yours" 

Saga stands up immediately. :is: "Gods, are you well?" she asks. She turns her head and looks at the other newcomer, too. It seemed this whole group was gathering up. Astrid and Oliver.
Oliver was from far south, huh...?
:is: "Hello" Leif says brightly to both of them. "I'm Leif Erikson. This is Saga Viggósdóttir, your navigator" he says, presenting her proudly as if he invented her. His mannerisms are quite self-centered and arrogant, but charming in an annoying way. He wears large, round glasses and at the same time looks like a stereotypical skald and a stereotypical rich kid. For someone who has no rights to be unable to buy himself food, he is far too similar to a skeleton, but the lack of meat on his bones doesn't manage to hide he might be considered handsome. His hair is so pale it is nearly white, and his eyes are a cold gray color.
Saga is, meanwhile, graceful and bright, with unruly blonde hair tamed by braiding it in two. Certainly skinny, but not knocking on Death's door, with a friendly round face, bright blue eyes and freckles. She is wearing ironed clothes, unlike Leif, and unlike Leif she clearly put more thought into her outfit this morning than he did in the last decade.
After such an annoying introduction Leif gave of her, she raises her hand in an awkward wave. "Hello. I'm Saga. Skald. Not immune." Might as well get it out of the way immediately. "Nice to meet you."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:31:27 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »

Saga stands up immediately. :is: "Gods, are you well?" she asks. She turns her head and looks at the other newcomer, too. It seemed this whole group was gathering up. Astrid and Oliver.
Oliver was from far south, huh...?
 :is: "Hello" Leif says brightly to both of them. "I'm Leif Erikson. This is Saga Viggósdóttir, your navigator" he says, presenting her proudly as if he invented her. His mannerisms are quite self-centered and arrogant, but charming in an annoying way. He wears large, round glasses and at the same time looks like a stereotypical skald and a stereotypical rich kid. For someone who has no rights to be unable to buy himself food, he is far too similar to a skeleton, but the lack of meat on his bones doesn't manage to hide he might be considered handsome. His hair is so pale it is nearly white, and his eyes are a cold gray color.
Saga is, meanwhile, graceful and bright, with unruly blonde hair tamed by braiding it in two. Certainly skinny, but not knocking on Death's door, with a friendly round face, bright blue eyes and freckles. She is wearing ironed clothes, unlike Leif, and unlike Leif she clearly put more thought into her outfit this morning than he did in the last decade.
After such an annoying introduction Leif gave of her, she raises her hand in an awkward wave. "Hello. I'm Saga. Skald. Not immune." Might as well get it out of the way immediately. "Nice to meet you."

Oliver jokingly raises his hand like an inquiring schoolchild.  :is:  "Another thing I've just realised, is that I don't actually know where we're going, I just joined up for the adventure, free supplies and whatever the thing that you northerners call "money" is"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 05:52:52 AM by R.M.S.N.P »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »

Oliver jokingly raises his hand like an inquiring schoolchild. "Another thing I've just realised, is that I don't actually know where we're going, I just joined up for the adventure, free supplies and whatever the thing that you northerners call "money" is"

Saga stares at him.
Can she convince Leif to join them at the last moment, and throw him overboard...?
:is: "We are going to far south. Have you heard of Suez canal?" she asks.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2020, 04:01:48 PM »
Saga stares at him.
Can she convince Leif to join them at the last moment, and throw him overboard...?
 :is: "We are going to far south. Have you heard of Suez canal?" she asks.

:is:   "Is that south of the English channel?" He asks, with a little confusion.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 05:53:08 AM by R.M.S.N.P »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2020, 04:04:41 PM »

:is:   "Is that south of the English channel ?" He asks, with a little confusion.

:is: "Much more south, yes." She points at a map of old Europe, hanging on the wall. "Iceland is up here. This is the island you're from. Suez is here."

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2020, 04:20:44 PM »
:is: "Much more south, yes." She points at a map of old Europe, hanging on the wall. "Iceland is up here. This is the island you're from. Suez is here."

He stares at the map, his sharp eyes tracking from the isles he calls home, across France, Germany and the Mediterranian, then back again 
 :eng:  "Bloody hell, that's a long way. In my mind it was basically "here be dragons" for anything south of Cornwall. Still, seems like a good adventure"

He switches to a more confident tone to say;
 :is:  "Ah, that's a long way. Frankly, I forgot the world was that big. Looks like fun though. I presume we'll be going round this "spain" place, " He strides over to the map and runs his finger around the iberian peninsula  "I can't see any rivers that are big enough for a substansial ship in any of these bits" He gestures at France and Germany

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2020, 04:25:43 PM »
By now the woman´s view wanders exceedingly irritated back and forth between Leo´s coffee-cup, a clock on a stock-hall nearby and the building´s door, where progressively more people are entering. When answering the question though, she´s just as friendly as before. But she does switch back to Icelandic, as the tall man with the coffee didn´t bother to react to her offering to speak Finnish. :is: "Yes, I do."

:is: "I think is right office then.... People keep jumping the queue...seems right for the reputation of these kinds of work."

Leo clicks his teeth in annoyance at the perceived sleight as he had been waiting in line for Harald to finish his business at the office. It is hard tell from merely looking at him is he truly shares in the annoyance his tone of voice suggests.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »

:is: "Ah, I'm fine. Happens all the time, don't worry about it."

Harald then looks back at Astrid. :no: "What is your job, then?" he asks.

:no: "Oh, I'm an engineer and, ah, cat trainer. I'm assuming a cat is coming with us?" she asks hopefully. Kneeling down, she starts to gather her equipment back into her pack as Saga and Oliver converse about the nature of the journey.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 04:30:53 PM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »

He stares at the map, his sharp eyes tracking from the isles he calls home, across France, Germany and the Mediterranian, then back again 
 :eng:  "Bloody hell, that's a long way. In my mind it was basically "here be dragons" for anything south of Cornwall. Still, seems like a good adventure"

He switches to a more confident tone to say;
 :is:  "Ah, that's a long way. Frankly, I forgot the world was that big. Looks like fun though. I presume we'll be going round this "spain" place, " He strides over to the map and runs his finger around the iberian peninsula  "I can't see any rivers that are big enough for a substansial ship in any of these bits" He gestures at France and Germany

:is: "Ah! But that's the best part. I found an old one - a man-made Rhine-Main-Danube Canal!" Saga brightly grabs a large, positively ancient atlas and places it on the table, flipping through the pages until she finds what she wanted. She shows him a route they had considered but deemed too dangerous - entering Rhine at Rotterdam, sailing until they reach Main river, entering the canal and reaching Danube, which circles around the Alps, goes through the entire continent and connects with the Black Sea.

"It was an idea, but since we can't know the shape of the canal after almost a century and a half have passed, not to mention the possible dangers of just sailing through Germany and... other areas that exist there now, we decided against it. The Atlantic Ocean packs a whole different set of dangers, but at least we know Gibraltar should still be there, being a natural formation and everything... and... I am probably talking too much. I will stop now. Sorry."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 04:36:05 PM by Kitty »