Worlds and Stories > Worlds & Stories Discussion Board

The Webcomics Discussion

(1/75) > >>

Nimphy:
We're all here because of a webcomic, and webcomic readers never stop to just one of them. So what are your suggestions, the ones you follow and love? Share them with us!

Logical Psycho:
I read about a dozen others..
But of those, Unsounded by Ashley Cope really stands out.
Great artwork, clever writing, fantastic lifelike characters, and incrediblly detailed worldbuilding. Updates 3 times a week [Mon / Wed / Fri].

Nimphy:

--- Quote from: Logical Psycho on September 02, 2014, 07:13:43 AM ---I read about a dozen others..
But of those, Unsounded by Ashley Cope really stands out.
Great artwork, clever writing, fantastic lifelike characters, and incrediblly detailed worldbuilding. Updates 3 times a week [Mon / Wed / Fri].

--- End quote ---

I've just started reading it actually! Literally just started, still in the first chapter with the first monster.

I've also recently started reading Slightly Damned. Looks nice so far.

Headfinder:
From all the ones I read, the one that stands the most besides SSSS is Prequel.

--- Quote from: PREQUEL: About ---More specifically, PREQUEL is an interactive story where readers serve as the protagonist’s subconscious. It was inspired by the user command model employed by MS Paint Adventures and is based on the Elder Scrolls universe created by Bethesda Softworks, though familiarity with either of these is not necessary to understand PREQUEL. PREQUEL began as a forum thread on the MS Paint Adventures Forums, but has since been moved to its own site for readability (you are reading that site right now).

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy reading my story about an alcoholic cat who hears internet voices.
--- End quote ---
Spoiler: show

It doesn't have an outstanding art, and it's going through some updating issues (Like, updating once a month / every two months / a week later...), yet I can't help but love Katia's cuteness. The updates come with several pictures (usually), and a lot of text. And there's some .swf here and there. Those are outstanding (and the principal cause for the long waits)

Logical Psycho:

--- Quote from: Nimphy on September 02, 2014, 07:40:00 AM ---I've just started reading it actually! Literally just started, still in the first chapter with the first monster.

--- End quote ---

Hope you like it :)

One of the parts I really love about the Unsoundedworld is that it the kind of.. magic, used is not abracadabra -> fireball - but instead a kind of world-hacking.
So rather than random spellery, it has a structure much more like "Alright, listen up world. For this patch of earth with dimension that-and-that, we switch the solidity around with that bit of water there" - and all of a sudden you sink in that patch of earth. Would be bad news if they'd restore the solidity-aspect while you are still submerged in that bit of earth.. So the system very much depends on creativity, a welltrained eye for what to aspects to work with, et cetera.
Anyway, you don't actually need that to read the comic.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version