Creative Corner > Academy Board

Archive of Our Own usage and tips

(1/9) > >>

Yuuago:
I’ve noticed people occasionally have questions about how to do certain things on Ao3. The threads where this comes up aren’t always the best place for this digression.

The Ao3 FAQ can be impenetrable at times, so let’s help each other figure things out. All questions related to Ao3 functions can go here, as well as things like filtering, tagging advice, etc.

Jitter:
Great idea Yuuago! Thanks!

dmeck7755:
Thank you!  I think this will be most helpful

Yuuago:
To start, I'd like to share one filtering feature that isn't immediately obvious:

OTP:TRUE - This is a trick for the Sort and Filter bar. If you're browsing within a fandom and put "otp:true" into the "search within results" field, it will bring back works with only one relationship.

More importantly, if you're browsing within a relationship tag and put "otp:true" into "search within results", it will show works where that relationship is the only one tagged.

My top favourite pairing often gets tagged as a background pairing in ensemble works, even if they're only there for a paragraph; but otp:true narrows it down to works that are exclusively about them.

dmeck7755:
Ok second question (The first was answered in prompt of the week ;) )

I tied to make a collection, it would not let me select stories on A03.  (Some were not mine, but the error stated they already existed on A03)
I tried to make a work, figuring I can add stories individually to the work.  I do not know if it would let me add someone else's stuff.

I also tried to make something and add every one as co-authors.  That did not work very well also.  I'd like to make a singe group title to allow other people's work and that allows me to connect different stories to one idea.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version