Creative Corner > Events Board

Prompt of the week!

(1/276) > >>

Jitter:
As we are slowly (or far too quickly?) arriving to the End of Comic, we might perhaps like to do something to ease the transition. Tehta suggested an informal “event”, i.e. setting a Prompt of the Week to encourage people to create something small, or not so small.

I for one think this is a very good idea! Hopefully it will keep us going now when the updates slow down, and then we’ll get the epilogue and then…

So, while there are still updates, the idea is to set the prompt based on the previous week’s page(s). The prompt will be set between the posting of the Friday page, and the following Monday. Anyone can set the prompt, just post it into this thread. Something on the lines of “Prompt of the Week for the week of 10 January will be xxxx”. The first one to suggest a prompt gets to do so, no turns reserved.

Please also remember that if it were to happnen so that there were no works on that week, it does not mean that your prompt would be boring! We have many creators but everyone has a life too, so it may just happen everyone is busy with other things. As the previous events demonstrate, any prompt can be interpreted in a million ways.

Then anyone who feels like it, makes something on the prompt and posts here. Any media is welcome again! Just like the other events, but nobody has any pressure, ok? And if you start something, but don’t finish during the week, just post when it’s done (or post a sketch, or both!)

I want to stress again that this is intended to be a relaxed, relaxing and fun thing. There are no right or wrong answers, and you are free to post any prompt as your association process comes up with. And similarly, you are free to apply the prompt just as you see fit, or even not at all. You don’t have to make a work, when you post a prompt, but are of course very welcome to do so.

Discussion of the works will also go into this thread, just like before. Anyone is welcome to comment and discuss, both the creators and anyone else!

Let’s try to keep this going, ok? We have many running threads, so could as well start one for general creative works too!

Jitter:
To get the ball rolling, I’ll go first. So based on last week’s comic pages,

The prompt of the week for week of 10 January is Neither.

wavewright62:
I like this idea, and I haven't forgotten this week's prompt. 
I'm working through a WIP (dunno if I'll get it done this week?), which I will tease via one of our popular Six Word Stories:

The Rash: be spared, or die?

thegreyarea:
I like that too. I'm working on a story that matches the prompt. Should be ready tomorrow or Friday.
Great idea!

(Must check those six word stories)

Jitter:
Neither

“Ok, mum, dad, I have heard your advice. And I have decided after all, that I will not be joining the Norwegian army. I think it’s not the right place for me.”

“Freya be praised! My son! You don’t know how happy it makes me hear that!”

“Hrrmph, son, you gave your mother nightmares.”

“Oh, I’m sorry for that mom. But I had to go on that mission to understand what I really want to do with my life.”

“I always knew you love the sheep too much to really leave them! You are such a sweet and gentle soul!”

“Umm, yes, I suppose… sheep are very nice. And fluffy. So, anyways, i have decided I must learn much more about magic.”

“Oh, the Academy has such great courses on sheep husbandry! I happen to know that next semester they will be starting both Lambing and sheep fertility and Curing and un-cursing ruminants!”

“Why would you know that?”

“Oh, no reason. I just happened to meet a few of the teachers. They are very competent mages, you know.”

“Uh, I’m sure they are. So, as I was saying, for my further training I will…”

“Need a place to stay in Reykjavik! You can go live at my sister’s house, they need help with the kids.”

“Mom, I’m not going to Reykjavik!”

“What? Why? I’m sure the Akureyri academy is good too, but surely…”

“I’m not going to Akureyri either!”

“Hm? Didn’t you just say… What do you plan to do, if you are choosing neither?”

”I will go to Finland. I must learn about spirits. Onni will teach me. I’m sure he will.”

”Oh. But. Yet… Finland?”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version