Creative Corner > Events Board

Secret Santa 2021

(1/7) > >>

Keep Looking:
:sparkle: Forum Secret Santa 2021 :sparkle:

Hi folks! Since it's coming round to the holiday season, it's time for the (almost) annual forum secret santa, a time-honoured anonymous gift exchange and guessing game! Previous examples can be found here and here.

:sparkle: How do I join?  :sparkle:

In order to join, make a post in this thread. You can include some of your interests in order to give your gifter a better idea of what to make you - this can include fandom related stuff like what pairings (both romantic and platonic) you enjoy, what your levels of angst-tolerance and fluff-tolerance are, if you have a strong preference for fanart or fanfic etc. and it can also include some of your other interests that might be relevant, like if you particularly enjoy knitting or hiking or baking things, or if you have a really strong interest in, say, geology (a random example).

Since in recent months we've been expanding the forum to talk about more non-SSSS media, you can also include any other stories/fandoms (eg. other webcomics, books, etc) you might want a gift themed around.

If there are any things you really don't want to receive as a gift, please include those as well.

Sign-ups close at midnight forum time on November 30th. I'll assign the gifters and giftees and PM you who you're making a gift for within the next day or two.

Make your gift! It can be fanart, fanfic, poetry, a narratively intriguing cake recipe - be creative! The only rule is that it has to be something you make, not buy. And keep it a secret!

PM me your gift by midnight forum time December 19th (that's the deadline!). On December 24, when all gifts are collected, I'll send you your gift via PM! Feel free to speculate on who made your gift in this thread! On December 31, or if everybody has made correct guesses before then, I'll release the list of who made what gift.

:sparkle: Important Information  :sparkle:

You need at least 10 posts to join - this is so we know that everybody who joins will actually follow up.

Please only sign up if you know you'll have the time to make a gift. If things are too crazy for you around this time of year and you don't think you can make a gift, there's no trouble in not signing up and just enjoying the Advent Calendar instead.

That said, if life stuff suddenly happens and you can't make your piece on time, please let me know via PM as soon as you can. This means that I'll be able to re-assign your gifter and giftee.

Most importantly of all, have fun!

Róisín:
Keep Looking, the Secret Santa sounds like fun. I will join up if there is room. I can do poetry, prose, essays (things like folklore, magic, gardening, wild food and foraging, recipes, folk traditions and survival and bushcraft are all things I have written about in our-world media as well as here). Can’t do art, alas!

My interests and things I would be happy to receive include poetry, music, art, stories, recipes and whatever else may come. I especially like night scenes, music, magic and folklore based things, but am always glad to be surprised! Let me know if you have someone for whom I can make something.

Jitter:
I also want to participate! I will write a story, or share some information about Finnish customs or folklore. Probably a story though. I am happy to take wishes as for subjects, characters or pairings, also outside of my usual Emilalli and Reynir/Onni (happy to do those too!). I can even try to do some AU setting. I would prefer to keep the Yuletide stuff lighthearted so not very angsty or scary, but unless the giftee specifically doesn’t want fluff, there likely will be some!

I would love to receive either a story or art, lighthearted and humorous and/or fluffy. I’m happy with any characters and any relationship whether friendship or romantic. Very romantic/fluffy Emilalli or Reynir/Onni art or story would be delightful, but I will love whatever you come up with!

LooNEY_DAC:
* LooNEY_DAC checks calendar
...Oops; I seem to have mistakenly thought I'd already signed up for this.

Well, I can give somebody a fic they'll probably guess is from me. Fortunately, my likes and dislikes giftwise are very simple, as I've mentioned before:

Dislikes: NSFW.

wavewright62:
I am up for this.
Likes for giving and receiving: art, cartooning, humour, nature (particularly cats, reptiles, mushrooms, cool bugs, agates & other semiprecious stones, weather), double entendres, character interactions, cultural practices

Not into: Christmas (I know I know!), nsfw (unless OTT comedy & camp as all get-out), "whump" or dark themes, religion, playlists

I may edit this as I think of more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version