Creative Corner > Roleplay Board

Silent World: fanmade TTRPG

(1/2) > >>

Krishahl:
Hello friends. I'm an amateur hobbyist tabletop game designer and long-time fan of SSSS. I started reading roughly... oof, 6 or so years ago? Anyhow, I have a problem: when I'm inspired, I cannot stop myself from making things... And so, I'm working on a TTRPG for Stand Still, Stay Silent. I have a further problem however: I am... let's say an "obligate collaborator." I can generally form ideas and make stuff, but quite often I need at least one other person (or more) to work with me, to talk and refine ideas, or at least to keep me motivated. That's why I'm making this post now, during development. It's still in its very early stages, but I already have a lot of ideas and a lot of work done, so I'm happy to receive input!

I was not previously aware of City of Hunger, but I can't stop myself from making what I do. In any case, I'm on Discord where I do most of my collaborative work. I'm happy to discuss things there! Here's the link to the doc! (mobile users, please use print layout. It's far from finished, please read posts below for more info)

Please don't steal my work or take parts of it and make something very similar before I do. I'm a bit insecure about being redundant like that.

The general premise of the system is one with more narrative/survival focus and less combat focus than your typical dungeon crawler. It will be a dice pool system, and each character will pick 2 Professions (sort of their "classes") to derive abilities from. Professions will specialize in either Tactical abilities - abilities used in the moment during combat or exploration - or Downtime abilities - powerful support abilities which usually require a long period of time to perform. A balance of both is the key to success. Combat will be very dangerous, and advisable to avoid.

In case you missed it, here's the link to the google doc (mobile users, use print layout): Silent World RPG

uktoer:
The idea is very interesting! I'd really like to help somehow, but I also understand that I don't have the time and/or energy to do it... But I'll definitely watch the making process from the side  and, probably, provide some quiet emotional support.

thorny:

--- Quote from: Krishahl on November 07, 2021, 07:06:06 AM --- Professions will specialize in either Tactical abilities - abilities used in the moment during combat or exploration - or Downtime abilities - powerful support abilities which usually require a long period of time to perform. A balance of both is the key to success. Combat will be very dangerous, and advisable to avoid.

--- End quote ---

I have no experience at all in the design end and very little in the playing end of such things; but I will say that I very much like those ideas. If I understand correctly what you mean by Downtime abilities, it seems rare to give them the respect they deserve, and to acknowledge their necessity even in those situations in which it's necessary to also be prepared for combat.

Krishahl:

--- Quote from: thorny on November 07, 2021, 08:56:33 PM ---I have no experience at all in the design end and very little in the playing end of such things; but I will say that I very much like those ideas. If I understand correctly what you mean by Downtime abilities, it seems rare to give them the respect they deserve, and to acknowledge their necessity even in those situations in which it's necessary to also be prepared for combat.

--- End quote ---

Yeah! Like Medics doing major healing, icelandic mages making runes, scholars doing research, etc.

thorny:
And, I would hope, people making and repairing equipment, making and repairing clothes, processing and growing food, and so on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version