General > History and Mythology Board

Paranormal Thread

(1/33) > >>

potatobunny:
With the cultural diversity among Minna's minions, there's bound to be some interesting stories and tropes.  ;D

Guidelines:

* traditional stories, or personal accounts (second/third/etc-hand accounts welcomed), basically no fiction
* nothing explicit, adhering to general forum rules
I'll start off with one of mine:
Every year or so, I'll remember that I love reading creepy stuff on the internet and go into a binge for a few weeks. Things like SCP, creepypasta, reddit nosleep, and regional stories of local hauntings and beasts. The last time this happened, I was living abroad, half the world away from my family. It was late in the evening, I'd been online all day scaring myself silly, and I hadn't really seen my housemates around. I had to go to the bathroom, so I went down the steps from my roomy attic, and looked around the inexplicable wall in front of the bathroom. Occupied.
There was another toilet not fifteen steps away, but I was feeling lazy (I'd walked down stairs already). Instead, I chose to lean against the wall and try not to think about the fact that this house we were living in was over 130 years old. Light spilled into the hallway as the door opened, and there came a shriek...

Because at the time I had really long hair, and apparently the sight of long black hair peeking out from behind a wall is kind of terrifying.  :P

Raya:

--- Quote from: potatobunny on October 16, 2014, 11:59:01 AM --- Instead, I chose to lean against the wall and try not to think about the fact that this house we were living in was over 130 years old.
--- End quote ---

130 years old? You call that an old house? ;D

I love spooky stories from everyday people, they're always a lot scarier/genuine. I've had several ghostly encounters myself, this was my creepiest:

Several years ago I went on holiday to Whitby in England (of Dracula fame). My hotel room was at the end of a very long corridor; you went up the stairs from reception and walked down a long straight corridor, through a set of fire doors, down another long straight corridor and my room was the very last room, right against the outer wall of the hotel. One morning we were in the reception about to go out for the day when I realised I'd left something in my room. I went back, collected it and started to walk back to reception.

As soon as I turned away from my door and started walking I immediately felt a presence behind me. You know that sensation you feel when someone is standing right behind you? It was exactly like that. I knew it was ridiculous as there was no physical way a person could be behind me, so I ignored it and carried on walking. But the presence didn't go away and instead got heavier and heavier. I told myself I was being stupid but couldn't bring myself to look round. By the time I reached the fire doors it felt like something was literally looming over me, and my walk had turned into a very fast power walk! When I passed through the doors the presence vanished in an instant. At that point I finally turned and looked round...and the corridor was empty. Nothing was there.

I put this down to my imagination until a few days later when I went on a ghost walk. Our guide took us around the town telling us stories and folklore about each location. The final stop was outside the hotel itself. According to the guide in the 19th century workmen uncovered human remains when rebuilding a disused area of the hotel. The remains were believed to be that of a 17th century maid who was thought to have run away, but now was obviously the victim of foul play. Ever since the remains were disturbed the staff have reported strange phenomenon and other spooky goings on. The most common thing they reported?

The sensation of being followed O_O

Certainly made sleeping the following night interesting!

Sparky Dragon:
Uhh...come to think of it, all of my "creepy stuff" involves fire. :P

So, at a camp I went to when I was small, there was a burnt-down cabin in the woods, and the general rumor involved a wolf/dog-man, and arson. Basically, it was the ghost story of the camp, but what made it really cool is that one year there were baby vultures living in the ruins. Awesome.

And another one, is that a house in my old neighborhood was supposed to be haunted (weird noises, doors opening/closing). Then the house caught on fire, which would be much cooler if people weren't living in it. But, everyone got out, and it didn't actually burn down. BUT THEN, after they fixed it up and some new people moved in, it started having a bunch of OTHER weird stuff happening. O.0   Glad I don't live there anymore...

Faust:
I'd post a lot of ghost stuff here from my childhood and our old house except its not believed by anyone. One of my best friends was a ghost. That house was full of them.
Most ghosts look human and visitors need it pointed out, though they only believe when they can't explain something for example when three kids enter a room and only two leave and the room is then empty. He liked playing toy cars and we often left him to continue when we were done. If you looked in a minute later he would still be there though another five and he'd be gone. The only way in or out the play room was through the living room, It was actually one big room divided with furniture. He got the whole visitors knocking on the door bit though he would knock on the door to the room you were in every time and wait to be let in. The toy room was always left tidy at night and always the toy cars would be found scattered on the floor in the morning.

DzigaWatt:
Yay! I was waiting for something like this to happen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version