Creative Corner > Academy Board

How do you create?

(1/10) > >>

moredhel:
In this thread I want to talk about how people create artwork. Mor the craft aspect than the art. I started a thread because it does not fit the art museum or the wip thread.

I'm just curious how do you do this? People seem to do it completely different than I do. E. g. I do not have any work in progress this is not how I work. If I am inspired I go completely maniac, gather huge ammounts of reference pictueres an than draw that thing. The only breaks are for eating, work, sleeping (my wife says not enough) and because of hand cramps. This can take a few days, but I do not stop before it feels finished.

Many people seem to do this differently. So how do you do this? How do you organize it? Is the process of creating itself scheduled when you do something?

Jitter:
Fascinating topic, Moredhel! I have enjoyed the recent discussions about visual arts and learning them in various art threads!

A question: do you intend this particularly for visual arts such as drawing and painting, or any creative process? We have many writers here and I would suggest to include all of them into this discussion.

Maglor:
Well, idk if my oppinion counts here, as it's not about drawing.
But basicly it starts with a wish.
If I have an idea for lyrics, I keep it in my head long enough to forget it. And if it's not forgotten by the end of a day, that means it's a good idea. And then the interesting stuff begins. I make up a few lines. Around them I build the general idea of how the lyric should sound like, what technical things I want there. Sometimes I feel like experimenting. Anyway after it's done, the boring part starts. Sometimes you have to waste about 30 min for one word. You gotta be strict and merciless to yourself, and wich is more important - to your creation. I'm usually not such a perfectionist, but when it comes to poetry it's everything or nothing.
Pretty same thing with Eng-Rus translations. When I want to translate from the other language, I have to find a good unrimed translation first.
Rus-Eng translations are the hardest part here.

SkyWhalePod:
Ooh this is good, I'm eager to hear what people say.

I have a bad habit of putting off ideas until it feels like the Right Time to Explore Them -- which of course never comes, the inspiration just vanishes. So lately I've been trying to impulsively jump on inspiration the moment it comes and see what comes out of it. This applies to drawing, but also to writing scripts. I don't usually work on something for more than one sitting, and a sitting can last for a few hours but not more -- the stress of potentially not having something turn out right makes it hard to sit down and create in the first place, but the stress of *actually being able to see* if something didn't turn out right makes it super hard to come back and keep working after I put something down.

I'd like to be able to approach creating things in a new way, though, so I'm hoping that lots of people chime in here with their own processes.

moredhel:

--- Quote from: Jitter on April 04, 2021, 01:37:39 PM ---Fascinating topic, Moredhel! I have enjoyed the recent discussions about visual arts and learning them in various art threads!

A question: do you intend this particularly for visual arts such as drawing and painting, or any creative process? We have many writers here and I would suggest to include all of them into this discussion.

--- End quote ---

I would include every creative process. I think inspiration and to organize things are relevant for everyone creating anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version