Author Topic: aRTD book print again?  (Read 17023 times)

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
Re: aRTD book print again?
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 12:52:37 PM »
Thanks Daéa! lets keep on gently reminding her that there are Minnions to make happier and $ to be made!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »
MinnaTweet: Some day, some year, probably. *Pats head*
\o/
But she wont get of so easy!hhhhhh
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
I shamelessly tweeted this to Minna:

Doodle of Devilcat saying "Nyaaaaaah" in 3, 2, 1, ... >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

lucky0bastard

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2021, 01:42:57 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but...
Minna wrote on the ssss update page (one of them) hat she'll consider the idea of the second print of aRTD book when it'll be like a 5th anniversary. And... it has already turned 2021, so i DM her in twitter but she doesn't respond.

Any recent news?

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 07:48:23 AM »
I for one haven't sadly heard anything about a reprint. I've been waiting and hoping for it to happen since I narrowly missed the original crowdfunding project, but looks like I'm hoping in vain.

In light of the recent happenings I am now also personally afraid the whole web comic might disappear soon. After all it's contents are quite pure paganism, and if Minna has ended up in one of our more strict and narrow-minded christian sects, there is always the possibility that she'll be strongly encouraged to take the whole aRTD down as sinful. So despite this meaning I'm giving some of my hard earned money to an Internet preacher, today I finally went and bought the PDF version.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

catbirds

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2021, 02:18:31 PM »
In light of the recent happenings I am now also personally afraid the whole web comic might disappear soon. After all it's contents are quite pure paganism, and if Minna has ended up in one of our more strict and narrow-minded christian sects, there is always the possibility that she'll be strongly encouraged to take the whole aRTD down as sinful. So despite this meaning I'm giving some of my hard earned money to an Internet preacher, today I finally went and bought the PDF version.

Hmm, I really hope that doesn't happen. I was also hoping for a reprint because it's one of the few stories that I cry a bit about every few months and can't help to make art for sometimes just because I loved it as a teenager. Though I'd sensed Minna was heading down this path for a while now.

I don't think she'll delete the entire comic, though. Even if that were the case, there's webarchive and, uh, I guess there's always time to download each page individually? That's not a better alternative by any measure, but her problem seems to be mostly about making money off these things. And of course, the official PDF has that side content that everyone loves. I still would have liked to have a physical book, though.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2021, 12:20:58 AM »
I have long since bought the pdf and was hoping for a reprint.
Near the end of ARtD a Christian preacher is having a crisis at the gates of Tuonela, faced with an Afterlife that bore no resemblence to the one he'd believed in and preached about.  It is a side note to the main story, but I found it wryly amusing.
No more lucre to be had there, I would bet.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »
today I finally went and bought the PDF version.
Do you have a link to the site where you can purchase the PDF version? I just realized you're probably right and went to the website for aRTD and the store options are only for the donation wallpaper, prints, and mini-comics (side stories). It's possible I'm just not seeing it, but I can't find anything for the PDF version of the story itself. :(
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

catbirds

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2021, 10:47:48 PM »
This link goes directly to the hivemill store. It includes the mini-comics I think.

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2021, 11:06:22 PM »
This link goes directly to the hivemill store. It includes the mini-comics I think.
Thank you so much! As expected, it was an operator error on my end. :)
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2021, 08:48:17 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but...
Minna wrote on the ssss update page (one of them) hat she'll consider the idea of the second print of aRTD book when it'll be like a 5th anniversary. And... it has already turned 2021, so i DM her in twitter but she doesn't respond.

Any recent news?

I don't have a direct link to evidence to back this up, but I do remember Minna talking about aRTD in a Twitch stream just within the past couple of weeks. She said it would cost somewhere around $35k to do a physical reprint, and it sounded like she'd pretty much closed the book (no pun intended) on that. So I don't think we'll be getting another round of physical copies of aRTD. Which I'm bummed about too, I came in around 2014 and didn't care much about getting a physical aRTD volume until years after. :/
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2021, 11:20:55 PM »
Totally off-topic, but...I love love love your avatar, SkyWhalePod!  Did you draw that?  It's gorgeous!  XoX XoX
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2021, 08:28:06 AM »
Totally off-topic, but...I love love love your avatar, SkyWhalePod!  Did you draw that?  It's gorgeous!  XoX XoX
(also yes quite off topic, sorry  ::)) I was going to say the same thing!!!! Is it a kind of parakeet?

Also, to join the intended conversation of this thread: I too would love to get my hands on a physical copy of ARtD, it's too bad that that probably won't happen :((.
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »
I would keep an eye out online on reselling sites, I wouldn't be surprised if some people leaving the fandom are getting rid of their copies.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »

(also yes quite off topic, sorry  ::)) I was going to say the same thing!!!! Is it a kind of parakeet?

Also, to join the intended conversation of this thread: I too would love to get my hands on a physical copy of ARtD, it's too bad that that probably won't happen :((.

Aaaah thank you both! Yes I did draw it -- I love watching compilations of funny cockatiels on YouTube and this one stretched its wings out in such a lovely way, I had to take a screenshot and do a study. I'm happy that you like it  ;D

I do hope that Feartheviolas is right, that we'll be able to find used copies. I once saw one on eBay, I think, but wasn't fussed enough at the time to jump on it. Now that things are changing . . .
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi: