Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 41403 times)

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2015, 03:59:46 AM »

look at this majestic creature
more
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2015, 04:57:02 PM »
Owlter ?Owlter

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah that is awesome!
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »
Owlter ?Owlter

OK, that's all kinds of awesome.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »
I am very fond of foxes, but if we are speaking of an animal that fits me then I think that the ringed seal would take the cake. They're pretty local as far as wildlife goes, which seems to me a bonus when it comes to luonto. Just like me the ringed seals enjoy fish and swimming in the sea. But that's not all! The similarities don't end there, for they are also clumsy, very-very round and rather furry.
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

Dalahästen

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

En fjellrev :3
:book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:

:artd:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »

En fjellrev :3
Awwwwww... <3
(Am I the only one who's lost when wanting to resize images when they're having both width and height ?)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:55:45 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
Awwwwww... <3
(Am I the only one who's lost when wanting to resize images when they're having both width and height ?)

I just remove the Height specification and adjust the [ img width = ] part to taste; I assume the height/width proportions are set now.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
I just remove the Height specification and adjust the [ img width = ] part to taste; I assume the height/width proportions are set now.
Yuu gave me the same advice, and you're both right, it's working, thank :) (When it comes about numbers, I'm easily confused...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 11:42:48 PM »
There is no doubt at all in my mind that my Luonto would be a wombat. We are both rotund, hairy, like to sleep a lot and if given the choice would spend most of our time hiding from the world in a hole.

Assuming I could convince it to get off its backside and do anything it would be quite good at knocking my enemies over like a a furry bowling ball and mauling them.

(If it didn't just shoot them  ;D)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »
Heh, I'd considered that myself. We used to have a resident one at the old Walhalla Lodge Hotel. The publican had adopted her as a lost baby, (her mother was hit by a truck while she was still in the pouch) and initially called her Willy, then when he figured out that she was a girl he changed it to Wilhelmina. She had a passion for root vegetables, and would chew her way through ANYTHING to get at potatoes or beets. Also bowl you over if you were carrying anything she wanted to eat.

She had her own little den in the pub cellar, from which she would emerge to nibble the ankles of drinkers in the pub. She would go out into the bush for days or weeks about her own wombatly occasions, but always came back, and often the first you knew of it was tripping over her in the dark.

On the twisty mountain road between Walhalla and Woods Point the wombats were a real hazard. This was a road with sheer cliff on one side and a steep drop on the other, with little pulloffs every half mile or so that you could back a car into to give way to the logging trucks. Every week, sometimes oftener, the emergency service at Walhalla or Erica would get called out to rescue somebody whose car had gone off the road after hitting a wombat.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:49 AM »
That's awesome! The wombat in the pub I mean. The car crashes obviously less so.

Sadly there are no wombats in my part of the country, so I am perhaps being a bit disingenuous nominating my luonto as one.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mélusine

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2015, 04:30:04 AM »
There is no doubt at all in my mind that my Luonto would be a wombat. We are both rotund, hairy, like to sleep a lot and if given the choice would spend most of our time hiding from the world in a hole.

Now I'm wondering where I put away this children's book with a marvelous wombat... "Diary of a Wombat" ^^

Róisín

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2015, 05:32:42 AM »
Mélusine, was that Jackie French's book?

Mélusine

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2015, 05:48:28 AM »
Mélusine, was that Jackie French's book?
Yes ! :D I found it in the children department of a big bookshop with a friend. We were 17 and 18 years old but laughing a lot, so we both gave it to the other for our birthdays this year ^^ (In French, it's translated by something like "I eat, I sleep, I scratch myself, I'm a wombat".)
And it's with this book I learned what a wombat is ;)

Róisín

« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:28 AM »
Jackie has a whole community of wombats in the valley where she lives. Mostly she is a gardening and food writer, which is how I know her, but she has also done a lot of fantasy, kids books and historical stuff. It was her birthday a few days ago, at the end of November. She is a remarkable woman, who became a writer despite being quite dyslexic, and has done a lot of work on ways of helping dyslexic children to read and write. Her wombats (or perhaps that should be the wombats that own her) prefer carrots.