Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 41407 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »
Actually let's go with a cuttlefish luonto.
CEPHALOPOD BUDDIES o/
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2015, 04:16:28 PM »
This is the quiz that was circulating around the comment section:

http://jerismithready.com/quiz/

(for the record, I got otter in this quiz, with wolf a close second)
Ah, thanks!

And hey, it said crow, just as I supposed mine might be! Although I think the quiz is supposing a slightly more... majestic specimen than the ragged, snarky version I was imagining.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
CEPHALOPOD BUDDIES o/

CEPHALOPOOOOODS! \o

Octopi/uses are awesome too! But Cuttlefish are my animal love, and I really identify with their blending-in capabilities, as well as their strange, kind-of-otherworldly aspect. I mean, they don't even seem to be from Earth...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2015, 04:47:18 PM »
CEPHALOPOOOOODS! \o

Octopi/uses are awesome too! But Cuttlefish are my animal love, and I really identify with their blending-in capabilities, as well as their strange, kind-of-otherworldly aspect. I mean, they don't even seem to be from Earth...

Haha, I can totally picture your luonto spraying a big cloud of cuttlefish ink at hostile spiritual powers.  If they persist, out come the tentacles...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Haha, I can totally picture your luonto spraying a big cloud of cuttlefish ink at hostile spiritual powers.  If they persist, out come the tentacles...

And don't forget the hypnotizing, chameleon-like color displays! Those are really cool!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
And don't forget the hypnotizing, chameleon-like color displays! Those are really cool!

Indeed! Come to think of it, unbound by water, a Cuttlefish luonto could well be the best thing ever... not to mention, its Pafs would be faster than the eye can see!
I swear Cuttlefish would rule the world if they wanted to...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

mamelukkikala

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2015, 07:00:14 PM »
Wolverine
Powers: Fighting ability—strength, speed, and toughness
Nobody messes with Wolverines. You're fearless, assertive (okay, aggressive), and tenacious. You might be a Marine, or a middle linebacker. You're the best at whatever you choose to do, because you give yourself no alternative.

This, cougar and spider were in the top 3, but I like this one the most!

long time no see by the way o/ life has kept me busy, so I haven't had a lot of time for the forum.
Native : :finland:
Fluent : :uk:
Somewhat : :germany: :sweden: :japan:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
SectoBoss: I mentioned your remark concerning Mr. Cameron to my beloved, who gigglesnorted at the idea (he's usually rather solemn) and he said "That's not intelligence, artificial or otherwise! That's artificial stupid. The android was built and programmed by the lowest bidder, and was sent back by the evil N.H.S. computer of 2100."

True, you don't have much venomous wildlife at all, do you? Adders is about it. But I can definitely picture you as one of the Tower ravens.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »
Indeed! Come to think of it, unbound by water, a Cuttlefish luonto could well be the best thing ever... not to mention, its Pafs would be faster than the eye can see!
I swear Cuttlefish would rule the world if they wanted to...
*cough* whoops I dropped something
Cuttlefish ARE great! Although, things I like about (giant pacific) octopuses that are not true of cuttlefish:
- super ridiculously strong
- can fit through teeny tiny holes despite being huge
- live near me
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
SectoBoss: I mentioned your remark concerning Mr. Cameron to my beloved, who gigglesnorted at the idea (he's usually rather solemn) and he said "That's not intelligence, artificial or otherwise! That's artificial stupid. The android was built and programmed by the lowest bidder, and was sent back by the evil N.H.S. computer of 2100."

True, you don't have much venomous wildlife at all, do you? Adders is about it. But I can definitely picture you as one of the Tower ravens.

I'm laughing harder than perhaps I should be at that description. Very apt! And no, we don't have much venemous or indeed dangerous wildlife at all over here.
I like to think my luonto perhaps applied for the job of Tower raven but was turned down, not only for being the wrong species but also not looking nearly regal enough :D
Something like this, perhaps:

Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Róisín

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Yay for cephalopods! Funniest thing I've seen an octopus do was duplicate, quite well, the pattern on a Coke can on the seafloor. I was skindiving and looking at things, and it was trying to hide. I also like the eyes and the intelligence.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
If mythological creatures are allowed, I'd want to be a dragon but I'd probably end up as a gwythaint or a gurgi.
If only real creatures are allowed (Whaddaya mean dragons aren't real? Of course they're real! ...No? ... Drat...), then I am either an elf owl, a golden orb weaver (more specifically, a batik golden web spider), or an echidna.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Róisín

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
All amazing creatures! Elf owls are not in Australia, but orb-weavers I have in my garden, and echidnas in the bush over the road (though not for long, that land will be stripped of bush soon, and used for housing. Sad.) On the roads around here you have to be careful in winter, to avoid running over an echidna mating train, because the female just leads the males all over everywhere at a very brisk pace, until all but the strongest are worn out.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »
All amazing creatures!
Yes, I am unique so my luonto should be interesting too! Fun fact about batik golden orb spiders: their webs are golden in color, and covered in ant-repellent chemicals! (I hate ants so much...)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »
Personal Luonto? Eeee, I definitely need this thing too. Something small and restless would fit well. Maybe a... a... a robin? Yeah, i'm so unpredictable.

At least the only european robin i've met in my life was a noisy, annoying bunch of feathers, too careless to realize I could kill her accidentally. Perfect.
Plus this endless yelling singing...

Okay, actually, her singing was beautiful. Can't say the same about mine.