Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 41453 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »

AAAA THAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN *u*

The quiz thing thinks I'm a crow. Which is fair.
Also, re: cat luontos, I feel like octopuses are sort of water cats. They're curious-but-shy, playful, like some people and hate others, good at hiding, ...
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 08:25:20 PM »
Thanks. Looks like I got the spider - so I'll go with the SSSS's of all spidies - the silver-sided sector spider! (say that quickly ten times, lol.)

I have a love hate relationship with spiders. They're so pretty.. but so gross... but so pretty. Why so I have to find them so gross when I just want to pick them up :'C

*opens eight arms to hug the spider sister (or brother).
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
I AM SO SCARED OF SPIDERS AND THOSE SPIDERS SCARES MEEEEEE ;A;
can you put spiders under spoilers ;A;
I AM SORRY ;A;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
I AM SO SCARED OF SPIDERS AND THOSE SPIDERS SCARES MEEEEEE ;A;
can you put spiders under spoilers ;A;
I AM SORRY ;A;
Edited! Sorry 'bout that :P

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:14 AM »
*opens eight arms to hug the spider sister (or brother).
Spider hugs are best hugs - four hugs for the price of one  ;D

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:20 AM »
I'm a spider fan myself. On the other hand, one of my otherwise perfectly competent cousins is likely to scream and faint at an unexpected spider. Which is a bit odd, because he's otherwise very physically brave. Phobias are strange. So I can sympathise with both of you!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2015, 10:32:34 AM »
I'm a spider fan myself. On the other hand, one of my otherwise perfectly competent cousins is likely to scream and faint at an unexpected spider. Which is a bit odd, because he's otherwise very physically brave. Phobias are strange. So I can sympathise with both of you!

For some reason, I thought you were in Oz?  Which means that fear of spiders is a perfectly reasonable thing!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
I am in Oz (South Australia), but still quite like spiders. Prefer not to be bitten though, especially by something like a Sydney Funnelweb. The cousin is Welsh, and lives in Victoria (south-eastern bottom corner of Australia) which may be part of the reason. Lots of redbacks.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
Spiders and I have a very odd interaction. I used to be a severe arachnophobe but I'm just about fine with pictures of them now, although I still freak out if I have to physically touch one. Despite this, I'm usually the first out of everyone I know to try and help spiders that get stuck in the bath and what have you, which happens fairly often in our house - most of my housemates will just try and wash them away.

I am in Oz (South Australia), but still quite like spiders. Prefer not to be bitten though, especially by something like a Sydney Funnelweb. The cousin is Welsh, and lives in Victoria (south-eastern bottom corner of Australia) which may be part of the reason. Lots of redbacks.
I can very much undertsand you not wanting to get bitten by some of the spiders in Australia! Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that sort of thing over here - Britain might yet be the safest country in the world when it comes to dangerous animals. We've got nothing.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »
I can very much undertsand you not wanting to get bitten by some of the spiders in Australia! Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that sort of thing over here - Britain might yet be the safest country in the world when it comes to dangerous animals. We've got nothing.

Does David Cameron count?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
When I very first saw the question of what my luonto would be, my brain just said "Flatworm". As if a parasitic, simple genetic oddity were the most natural thing for me to be. The quiz typecast me as a wolf, which makes sense for the loyalty but doesn't for everything else. Hmm.
If it were a matter of choice, I'd choose a hawk. Or a cuttlefish. Actually let's go with a cuttlefish luonto.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
Does David Cameron count?
;D
That's not an animal. That's, to the best of my knowledge, a malignant flesh-covered android sent back in time by an evil AI.

When I very first saw the question of what my luonto would be, my brain just said "Flatworm". As if a parasitic, simple genetic oddity were the most natural thing for me to be. The quiz typecast me as a wolf, which makes sense for the loyalty but doesn't for everything else. Hmm.
If it were a matter of choice, I'd choose a hawk. Or a cuttlefish. Actually let's go with a cuttlefish luonto.
I may have gigglesnorted quite hard at 'flatworm'. But cuttlefish is cool!
And... what quiz is this?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
I am generally a cat person as well, but can't really identify with being one. I most identify with box turtles. Nope, not a badass creature at all, no good in combat, but I do like a bit of sun in the forest.
 It's an incomplete fit, as I'm not very slow, but all of the quick & clever creatures are ... lithe.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »
And... what quiz is this?

This is the quiz that was circulating around the comment section:

http://jerismithready.com/quiz/

(for the record, I got otter in this quiz, with wolf a close second)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
Mmm... I am not certain what I would identify with being. Possibly a chestnut Friesian.

...yes, I think a chestnut Friesian would be it. Though I still frown at not having hands. Perhaps I should continue thinking about this.
Am notified of private messages via email.