Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 41351 times)

KMK

• Scout
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »
Maybe dip into astrology for inspiration. My year animal in Chinese astrology is a dragon - that would make a great luonto! Not too keen on my European astrology animal though - a goat. How much use would that be in a pinch?

A Large horned goat can be quite formidable. Had one of my billies get mad at me one day (I did deserve it. I was rude an pulled his ear because he was being uncooperative.) He took the tip of his horn and drug it from just above my ankle to my hipbone leaving a two inch wide bruise the whole distance. If they run and slam you or rear up and slam you with there heads it is the equivalent of being hit by a professional football player. One who is really trying to damage you not just knock you down. There are goats in Pakistan that reach 250+ pounds and their heads are as tall as a 5 foot 6 inch man in the picture. One of the reasons that goat dairies remove the horns when the goats are babies is because if the goats get to fighting each other seriously they have been known to mortally wound. Doesn't happen often. I had my herd of horned goats for 5 years with no major injuries. Only one close call when my billiy, Ben Franklin, was defending himself from my ram, Hutton. He ducked his head and caught the rams foot between his horns then lifted his head high and twisted making the ram scream. I had to come and separate them before he figured out how to break his leg. Ben never started the fights but he sure wasn't shy about finishing them.

Here is the worlds heaviest goat: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He weighs in at 294 kilograms that is 648 lbs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:46:08 PM by KMK »

Baz

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2015, 12:30:34 AM »
Well, I can see I was a little hasty in disparaging goats as potential luontos. They clearly have a lot going for them and their milk makes great cheese. In fact, mash avocado flesh and goat cheese together (about 2 to 1, though it's your choice) add some freshly ground black pepper and enough e.v. Olive oil for ease of spreading, them eat on crispbreads, toast or whatever crunchy carbs take your fancy. Sheer bliss!

Having said that, maybe I'll stick with the dragon. Among its other skills it can fly. That might just be the deal-breaker.

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
forgot to mention this! seemed irrelevant, and i know ive already said that mine is a wolf, but i just remembered! for every morning in october, i saw (and heard) at least 1 crow.  in november, they disappeared.  but yesterday i saw/heard like 5 of them! and i saw and heard 1 this morning!! what could it mean?? do i have a crow as a luonto? hmm
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
I'm not sure what my luonto would be. My first thought was some kind of bird, because I'm always moving around, and I would love to travel. On the other hand, sometimes I just go hide in my room for a while and do random things on the Internet, then go back outside and become a social butterfly.

Hmmm... Now that I think about it, maybe a butterfly. Social butterfly, then I shut myself up in my room or random place to get some privacy, like a caterpiller does with a cocoon. Then I become a butterfly again.

Yay symbolism!
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Natalie

• Tumblr
  • I love all cute things
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about my personal luonto is a cat, but not a domestic cat, maybe a mountaint cat.
There's these cats from my country (Chile) called Andean Cat, and I think it could be that

I can also think about chilean sea otters, after all they are called sea cats :3

Native: :spain: (chilean)
(almost) Fluent: :usa: :england:
Learning: :france:
Wishlist: :norway: :japan: :italy: :brazil: (I can understand brazilian portuguese but not speak it or write it)

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about my personal luonto is a cat, but not a domestic cat, maybe a mountaint cat.
There's these cats from my country (Chile) called Andean Cat, and I think it could be that

I can also think about chilean sea otters, after all they are called sea cats :3

I've never thought of otters as cat-like before, but now that you mention it....
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »
According to the quiz that everyone was using my Spirit Animal would be a Hawk, (which I am completely fine with! I hope it's a Sharp Shinned!) with runners up being Owl, Fox, and Crow. If I had an Owl luonto I'm fairly certain that it would be a Burrowing Owl... since I too am short, with a tendency to goof around at odd moments.
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:54 AM »
According to the quiz that everyone was using my Spirit Animal would be a Hawk, (which I am completely fine with! I hope it's a Sharp Shinned!) with runners up being Owl, Fox, and Crow. If I had an Owl luonto I'm fairly certain that it would be a Burrowing Owl... since I too am short, with a tendency to goof around at odd moments.

I cannot look at this owl without giggling :))
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
I cannot look at this owl without giggling :))

Burrowing Owls are awesome that way. Case in point:

"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Ensilumi

• It was not me!
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »
Moe !!

My luonto is a cat. No doubt about it. It is half wild, shabby and do not trust on people too much.

Where ever i go, cats look upon me. They know everything.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
A cat will fit right in here, for sure! Is that your cat in your icon? And I am amused by your text.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

silverceleb

• Tumblr
  • haltiamieli
  • Preferred pronouns: hän/se | they
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Oh my!

If I could just pick out any animal to be my luonto I'd love to have some kind of whale or deer to be my companion. Since I'm from Finland I guess a deer would be more likely option. Or a moose? So of course I never get deer (or a whale) as the result of any spirit animal quiz. :"D I keep getting canines and birds (and oh god once even a butterfly) from those. But I guess the reason could be that those kind of tests usually have a very limited pool of results.
Speaks from best -> worst: :finland: | :uk: :usa: | :sweden: | :france: | :china:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
A whale? You'd be an incredibly powerful mage then, since your luonto would just crush anything you sent it at.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

silverceleb

• Tumblr
  • haltiamieli
  • Preferred pronouns: hän/se | they
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2016, 12:11:36 PM »
Ragnarok: omg :---D I was thinking something a little more subtle about how whales can sing to each other from literally across the ocean and that would be pretty cool for song/rhyme based magic... But well why not just crush everything and anything. : D
Speaks from best -> worst: :finland: | :uk: :usa: | :sweden: | :france: | :china:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
It's a nice idea that whales and dolphins might have magic.....can you imagine how a spell constructed of whalesong might sound?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!