Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 40432 times)

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
The test said I'd have an otter, but half the questions didn't have any answers that fitted so I don't trust it :PI need to watch out for a lot of you people if this test is correct though...

Personally, I've always seen Golden Retriever as my Spirit Animal, because they love to play and fetch and they're always so happy and they love water but are also hindered by not being able to breathe under it and they make friends with everyone and if you bribe them with food they'll love you forever <3

According to ginger I'm a sheep though so I dunno :D
I'm usually kinda skeptical about that quiz's results anyway. It was made as promotional material for a book series and, as you noticed, is a bit limited. There's a daemon quiz that I like, though it's pretty long and the results are sort of open-ended: here
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »
Oh, this thread jumped back.

Revisiting, this time I've got to say that mine would likely be either a snake or wormsnake, or an European wild boar. The latter because of its learning curve - an adult boar is one of the wisest, smartest, most attentive and trickiest critters around these parts, but man are their piglets dumb! They're fearless (in a bad way), born without any common sense, could do with a healthy serving of taking their elders advice, and are severely lacking in many arts of self preservation. What can I say, I like to think positively about my future? ;D And they're soil builders, and I'm a sheer total soil nerd.

As for the worm/snake... they are animals with their priorities in order. They sleep, sun themselves, and then sleep some more. They spend some time exploring, once in a blue moon they eat something, and when they've eaten they go to sleep to digest dinner. And this is basically their lifestyle for all of summer until winter comes around, when they end their solitary lifestyle and snuggle up real close together and sleep all winter. They should be considered a true, divine inspiration to everyone living in modern society as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:40:06 PM by Fauna »

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »
As for the worm/snake... they are animals with their priorities in order. They sleep, sun themselves, and then sleep some more. They spend some time exploring, once in a blue moon they eat something, and when they've eaten they go to sleep to digest dinner. And this is basically their lifestyle for all of summer until winter comes around, when they end their solitary lifestyle and snuggle up real close together and sleep all winter. They should be considered a true, divine inspiration to everyone living in modern society as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly that seems like the perfect lifestyle. :))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2017, 01:53:21 AM »
I took both quizzes -- the one that mentioned in early comments, and the one Anna just linked to yesterday. I took the first one four times, messing with some of my answers I had a hard time deciding on, and got four possible animals: bear, wolverine, crow and hawk. The hawk description seems closest:

"Powers: Communicate with the divine, discern powers in others, photographic memory. Hawks are the messengers of the Spirits.  Adept with language, you might be a writer or a teacher.  Your ability to assess situations impartially means that people often seek your guidance before making decisions.  A brilliant visionary, you sometimes forget the mundane details of life like eating, sleeping, or paying bills.
Best matches: Owls, Foxes, Crows
Watch out for: Otters, Wolves, Horses
"

I am a writer and I also have a logical bent of mind, where I assess situations (and people) hopefully impartially, and I do, occasionally, forget to eat or pay the bills.  ::)

And then, in the quiz based off of His Dark Materials, I got a weird answer of "multi-faceted soul":

"...You aren't "TOO" anything: You aren't too shy, you aren't too aggressive, you aren't too extroverted, you aren't too introverted. However at any one time you can be any combination of these things...." It suggests such daemon forms as Swan, Elephant, Koala, Panda, Chameleon, Wolf.

So. Hm. Yeah, Imma go with hawk. I like them anyway; fascinating creatures, and so beautiful (not that I am) when they soar, and terrifying when they plummet in pursuit of prey.
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2017, 02:40:00 AM »
I'm usually kinda skeptical about that quiz's results anyway. It was made as promotional material for a book series and, as you noticed, is a bit limited. There's a daemon quiz that I like, though it's pretty long and the results are sort of open-ended: here

Did that quest too now and got
Spoiler: show
You are very shy, and social situations make you nervous and tend to exhaust you. You are most comfortable at home, in your own space, where you feel safe. You have a shaky self-esteem, and you feel uncomfortable and shy in strange social situations. The offhand comments that people make can sometimes hurt you. You rarely step up to your own defense, however. You hate confrontation and don't like to make a fuss.

You are uncomfortable discussing your feelings. You often will brush off personal questions with a shrug, a joke or even a lie, rather than confess what is really in your heart. You are especially distrustful of strangers, and you work to hide your sensitive spots from them. While you open up more with your loved ones, even your closest friends can hurt your feelings and may never even know that it happened. There are certain lines, however, that they aren't allowed to cross. When that happens, you tend to snap, and surprise everyone with the vehemence of your outburst.

You will tell white lies or avoid the whole truth in order to help keep the peace. What is the point of hurtful truths that will only make your friends and family unhappy, or that might cause a fight? This means, however, that your own feelings get hurt more, because people don't know how you really feel about it.

Your daemon would represent your shy, sensitive and somewhat distrustful nature. He or she would probably ride on your shoulder or in your pocket, and whisper comforting things in your ear.

Form suggestions: Spider, Opossum, Lady Bug, Snake

...which I guess also sounds kinda right? I think I'll stick with the Golden Retriever though <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
Well this was a somewhat interest little test.

Jokester Soul

You are a confident person with a strong sense of self. You can be loud and jocular, and you don't really care who hears you. You don't spend too much time stressing about how other people see you. If they like you, well, good for them. If they don't like you, well, that's their own problem.

People need to earn your respect in order for you to really start taking them into consideration. You might bend yourself over backwards for a friend or family member, but you aren't going to give that sort of special treatment to any old Joe Blow. Your loved ones know that under that bold, brash exterior, there is a person who is loyal and even clannish at times. You will fight to defend your friends and family from any and all comers. With these special few, you drop that joking exterior and be your real self.

Your daemon's form would represent your confident ways, your joking and insensitive manner, and your secret tendency for softheartedness. He or she would probably help you criticize all the idiots whom you meet on a day to day basis, and back you up when you are on the defensive.

Suggested forms: Magpie, Raven, Kangaroo, Wild Boar, Baboon.

And it somewhat confirms my choice of raven for luonto. Baboon and boar wouldn't be half bad.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »
Mine is owl.
I tend to prefer night-time.
I love owl-motif -- where ever I can have it.
I'm solitary and often quiet.
I feel the connection.
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

Bhaskara

• Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2018, 04:59:17 PM »
Owl
“What is an anarchist? One who, choosing, accepts the responsibility of choice.”
Ursula K. Le Guin

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
  • Hello there, I'm Mikkel but dipped in guacamole.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, but hey I'm partial to a vacation
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »
Oooh I love these  XoX
I'm probably an Abyssinian cat - a big ol' shorthair with big ol' ears  :))
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Fluent: :canada:
Learning: :japan: :france: :finland: :iceland:
Should've learned by now: :spain:
Also: 🏁

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2018, 12:50:47 AM »
Owl
I love your avatar, speaking of owls!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Bhaskara

• Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
I love your avatar, speaking of owls!

I wish I could take credit for it, but I just found it online
“What is an anarchist? One who, choosing, accepts the responsibility of choice.”
Ursula K. Le Guin

Blackbird

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her/Hers
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »
I'd probably be a Barred Eagle-Owl. It just fits with me, and they live where I grew up, so I'd say  one of those. It wouldn't be my first choice - but it's more likely than anything cool.
“Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.”
-Andrzej Sapowski

Fluent: :usa:
Learning: :spain:
Types in occasionally: :uk:
Summons demons in: :vaticancity:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »
I'd probably be a Barred Eagle-Owl. It just fits with me, and they live where I grew up, so I'd say  one of those. It wouldn't be my first choice - but it's more likely than anything cool.
Owl
Mine is owl.
I tend to prefer night-time.
I love owl-motif -- where ever I can have it.
I'm solitary and often quiet.
I feel the connection.

I have an owl calendar this year, and the January image was of a an owl (great grey owl) in flight, seen from the side.  Yes, it looked so fluffy and adorable, and yet, like such a focussed murder bird at the same time.  An astonishing image, giving me a new appreciation for owls.  Y'all have good taste.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Demopans

« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »
Anyone have a link to a test? The golden compass one goes to a 404.

Quetanto

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He, him, his
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2019, 08:01:00 PM »
I sincerely mean absolutely no offence to anyone from an Aboriginal background.
That said, if I had to choose a totem animal, I’d like it to be the loon.
🇨🇦 🇹🇷 Native
🇫🇷 Fluent (somewhat rusty)
🇮🇹 🇬🇷 🇯🇵 🇫🇮 🇭🇰 🇮🇳 Picking it up as I go along
(No symbols for Latin, Ancient Greek, or Inuktitut…)
:book2::book3::book4: