Author Topic: You Know You're an aRTD Addict When...  (Read 16707 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: You Know You're an aRTD Addict When...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »
Haha, you guys. : D
Well, you might be able to find similar pendants if you poke around the internet, since it's just a stylized version of the looped cross design. But the specific one I have is from a Czech reenactment company called Wulflund, their site is easy to find with some searching.

It's made out of steel, so it's a little heavier than what I usually wear, but mannn I love it. : D A wood one would probably be more accurate to comic, though... If I had any skill for woodworking, I'd have gone that route. ^^

I checked the site.... but I could not find it there, maybe I looked at wrong section or I used wrong names for search, but nothing
but serious if has a lot of interesting other stuffs too OuO/
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »
I checked the site.... but I could not find it there, maybe I looked at wrong section or I used wrong names for search, but nothing
but serious if has a lot of interesting other stuffs too OuO/

Oh, sorry, I probably should have linked it. There.

But since it's a basic design it is probably possible to find from others as well. ^^
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:29 PM »
This is really pretty, Yuuago!
I'm thinking of asking my father to make a wooden one for me this summer, probably with a leather cord.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
This is really pretty, Yuuago!
I'm thinking of asking my father to make a wooden one for me this summer, probably with a leather cord.

*_* That's an awesome idea! Since it'd be made by a relative, it would be extra-special.

Now, more aRTD addict nonsense: When you change your netbook wallpaper to something aRTD-related in hopes that someone at the meetup you're going to will notice and ask what that super cool art is from... orz

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »
When you add the aRTD ebook to your decrepit 1st-generation discontinued eReader so that you can read it on the go, even if it means reading it in black and white.

It actually looks kind of cool in greyscale! Only problem is that the text is a bit tricky to read at this size. (But then again, I've read it a million times, so it isn't as if I don't know how it goes...)

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
Yuuago: Wow, it really looks nice in black and white! Are you already on that stage of addiction where you know (even if only vaguely) all the dialogue? I think I know most of the dialogue of the first chapter by heart. e__e
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »
Yuuago: Wow, it really looks nice in black and white! Are you already on that stage of addiction where you know (even if only vaguely) all the dialogue? I think I know most of the dialogue of the first chapter by heart. e__e

It does! (I'm surprised this thing can read PDFs at all, amazing) Hmmm for some chapters, I have it almost-memorized. : D But for the earlier ones, not as much. I've re-read Chapter4 the most, so that's the one where I have most of the dialogue by heart.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 11:55:04 AM »
It does! (I'm surprised this thing can read PDFs at all, amazing) Hmmm for some chapters, I have it almost-memorized. : D But for the earlier ones, not as much. I've re-read Chapter4 the most, so that's the one where I have most of the dialogue by heart.
I cannot fathom rereading just one chapter of a book. How do you refrain from reading everything at once? What is your secret?!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »
I cannot fathom rereading just one chapter of a book. How do you refrain from reading everything at once? What is your secret?!

Sheer force of will! Actually, a lot of the re-reads have been due to needing a refresher for fic purposes. The twins have the most bulk panel time in ch4, so aside from the Graveyard sidecomic, it's one of the best sources for insight into characterization and their relations with Hannu and so on. Since I re-read it with a specific goal in mind, it's easier not to get carried away.

... Though a lot of the time I do end up getting sucked in and reading a lot of ch5 or skipping to ch7 or... Well. ;p It's easy to get lost in it.

P__

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »
reading PDFs isn't a problem, but reading a file *that big*!! (really, mine crashed on me for one or two things I expect would be smaller than aRTD)
for ease of reading, you can maybe switch your device to landscape mode. It might do slightly ugly panel-cropping, but the text will be 50% bigger
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 10:06:09 AM »
for ease of reading, you can maybe switch your device to landscape mode. It might do slightly ugly panel-cropping, but the text will be 50% bigger

Unfortunately, this one can't switch page orientation, to my knowledge. :'D (It's very old/basic). But that's okay. It's juuuust big enough to read (not that the photo makes it obvious, but eh).

And another one:

When you get very excited because a new entry came up on Ao3's RSS feed for aRTD fic-
... but it's the thing you just uploaded. -_-
Related: the fact that you have said RSS feed on your watch list, period.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
When you get very excited because a new entry came up on Ao3's RSS feed for aRTD fic-
... but it's the thing you just uploaded. -_-
Related: the fact that you have said RSS feed on your watch list, period.

Aww, Yuu... *pat pats*
I do this all the time with the aRTD tag on tumblr... :-\

Now I feel that I should try writing something too, just so you don't feel alone out there.

... when you are helping out in a thrift shop and you notice that there is an old sweater with a pattern that resembles the hannunvaakuna and you can't help but get a little excited.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
When you accidentally reread ARTD after quoting part of it to someone... Again...
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »
When you keep pestering your friend, who works as a baker, with questions and more questions (and sometimes very silly questions) for the purpose of fic research.

"Do you come home smelling like baked goods? Which scents stick to you the most? Does it linger on your clothes even up through to the next day? What about burnt bread smell? Please tell me about your most memorable kitchen disaster...."

Bonus: You got them to read aRTD. : D

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
When your aunt and uncle are talking about a bakery that their friend runs and you can barely hold in your laughter because aRTD
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race