Author Topic: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum  (Read 54288 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »
Perhaps i'll have to start posting up some drawings to contribute to the Australian team :D
Yeahyeahyeahyeah! :D

:O
Wooooah.  He's... fully realized!  Are you gonna give a mouth and lower eyelids?  He could do with both.
Creepy!Cat is adorable.  He looks all snide and catlike, so it's appropriate.  His expression is cracking me up.  "I know what you did, Lalli..."
I just gave him some lower eyelids, and he looks much more...human now XD
That cat knows everything Eich, everything. O___O

That's marvelous!  Clay-Lalli's posture is *perfect.*  As far as his face... maybe the nose could be a smidge lower and pointier?  Also, I think his downward-slanting brows look kind of angry (which may have been your intention).  Left to themselves, his brows tend to float higher on his face.

I love the kitty.  I don't think it's creepy at all (though it *is* smirking.)  You should make a 3-D Printer design of it!
Yes. I agree with all of what sunflower says! Lower pointier nose and slightly higher eyebrows.
Thanks for the pointers! I made his eyebrows higher, and lowered his nose some. :3 hopefully that will look better.

Edit:

He still has no mouth, because I'm not sure what kind of mouth to give him? :/
(Also, post-picture I fixed the eyes, they're a bit more even now)

Creepycat: I know all your secrets scrap-troll...all your secrets....
Scrap-troll: NoOooOOoOoooOgH
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:28:39 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 08:28:17 PM »
Thanks for the pointers! I made his eyebrows higher, and lowered his nose some. :3 hopefully that will look better.
  You're welcome!

He still has no mouth, because I'm not sure what kind of mouth to give him? :/
(Also, post-picture I fixed the eyes, they're a bit more even now)

Creepycat: I know all your secrets scrap-troll...all your secrets....
Scrap-troll: NoOooOOoOoooOgH

ITS GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT!  Yaaayyyyy!!! ;D ;D ;D

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Quabus

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 03:30:45 PM »
Hi everyone!
I read through this entire thread over the past few days. You guys have made some really cool (and often really hilarious) fan art.

I've been copy-drawing some of the characters from the comic to get a good feel for what they look like, so I'll probably make a few more posts here in the future. For now, though:

I made a double-sided rubber stamp, as you can see, inspired by this post:

Here's a whole page of stamps. (and some strange shadowy things, hmm.)  :P

These are a few of my favorites.

I hope this post works with all those pictures.  ???

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »
Hi everyone!
I read through this entire thread over the past few days. You guys have made some really cool (and often really hilarious) fan art.

I made a double-sided rubber stamp, as you can see...

Hi, Quabus!  Great way to launch yourself, with 1) a proper Intro and 2) awesome craftsmanship!  If and when we ever have an SSSS con, those stamps will sell like hotcakes! 

Please do keep posting -- we're all friendly here.

See you 'round the fandom...

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

P.S.  The "Preview" button is useful for testing how (or whether) posts display.  It's also the closest thing we have to a "Save Draft" function (which the current forum doesn't offer).  We have had some problems recently with putting more than 6-7 links in a post, but yours looks fine to me. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Rainy

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

These are great! I like how you recreated the original digitally made logo in a handicraft technique, and preserved the "feel" of the original so well.
Fluent: :finland: :uk:
Okay: :sweden:
Knows some: :russia: :vaticancity:

danbackslide

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »
So I made a thing. Well, actually the talented Ms Sundberg made a thing, I just added lasering:

Now I need to go find some leather and make badges for my coat.

OlineLoz

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 02:26:06 AM »
No problem, this thread is over 90 pages already - it'd be cool if everyone read through at least the first page, but in no way do I expect people to.

Ill try reading throu it all before it becomes to much!! And i have still no idea how i skipped the first post!! gosh... xD I think i understand the inserting of pictures things now, thankyousomuch! <3

So I made a thing. Well, actually the talented Ms Sundberg made a thing, I just added lasering:

That looks so COOOL!! Exited for the result! :D

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 03:34:13 AM »

That's THE AWESOMEST. :D I'm echoing other comments, post more pics when you're done!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »
*ahem* I don't know if colored easter eggs are considered serious art but here you go!

Happy Easter everybody!  ;D You guys are all amazing!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:07:28 AM by kahli »
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 12:58:28 AM »
*ahem* I don't know if colored easter eggs are considered art but here you go!

That is so cool. I couldn't make Easter eggs this year so I'm really jealous.
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 01:05:26 AM »
*ahem* I don't know if colored easter eggs are considered art but here you go!

Gorgeous!

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 07:00:07 AM »
*ahem* I don't know if colored easter eggs are considered serious art but here you go!

Easter eggs not serious art? Have you heard about FabergĂ©?!  ;D I've saved up onion skins to dye eggs with, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it before Easter is over. Did you dye them in consecutive baths, using masking tape, or something? It looks really good!
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
That is so cool. I couldn't make Easter eggs this year so I'm really jealous.
Gorgeous!
Easter eggs not serious art? Have you heard about FabergĂ©?!  ;D I've saved up onion skins to dye eggs with, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it before Easter is over. Did you dye them in consecutive baths, using masking tape, or something? It looks really good!
It's a serious, existing art, and that's an egg worthy of the True Minnion Artist Award. Happy Easter! :)
kahli: nice work! How did you colour that? At first I wondered if you boil-dyed the egg but on another hand it could also be painted... *squint*
kahli: Easter eggs are definitely art! I'm curious as well as to how you colored it :o

Thank you for the compliments everyone!  ;D The egg is in fact dyed, not painted. To make it, I used painters tape to keep the pattern white while it soaked in purple for a while, then I put it in blue for a long while to darken it up because I knew the red would make it significantly brighter later. When it got dark enough, I paper toweled it to dry it a bit and give it texture. Then I removed the diamond parts of the tape and dipped it in red for a few seconds, keeping the pattern face down so it wold get the most red. Then I took of the little X tape bits and ta-daa! An SSSS easter egg! I also had some test eggs to see what colors worked best...

...and my first egg that involved red crayon and didn't work so well.
:-\

Ruby

• Sparkly, shiny, easily distract--OOH LOOK!
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 04:04:22 AM »
So! Hello again! It officially stopped being easter here half an hour ago, but I really wanted to share these. I saw Kahli's gorgeous eggs yesterday, and so today when my grandmother unexpectedly pulled out an egg dying kit after easter brunch, I just had to try to make them myself!

Also, happy (belated) Passover to those who celebrate it. My family happens to do both, so lots of good food this weekend! :D

"My cat ate my PDF file!" -Minna Sundberg

Native: :usa:
Questionable proficiency: :usa:
Passable w/ open dictionary nearby: :vaticancity:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 04:38:46 AM »
Ruby: I love them both but especially the one on the right because it looks like it could seamlessly fit into the aRTD world!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: