Author Topic: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum  (Read 53111 times)

thatrankles

SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:22:26 PM »
This isn't real art, but I made it so I figured I would share.  I was thinking of using one of these and ordering a custom rubber stamp, though I'm not sure what I would use it for.

On another note, I haven't posted much on the forum, but I love all the art here, you are all truly amazing people.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:33:02 PM »
This isn't real art, but I made it so I figured I would share.  I was thinking of using one of these and ordering a custom rubber stamp, though I'm not sure what I would use it for.

On another note, I haven't posted much on the forum, but I love all the art here, you are all truly amazing people.
1. Yes, your rubber stamp designs are real art, since you thought them up (just like Piney's wallpaper).  And I think a lot of us would like an SSSS stamp.
2. Can we coax you to formally introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread?  We're always glad to welcome another amazing person.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:38:17 PM »
I want a Tshirt or sweater with those everywhere. A stamp could be nice too....
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »

Ooh, that would make a nice stamp. I'd just decorate my sketchbook pages with it if I had one. Doesn't really need a use.  :D
(And it's much cleaner than my wallpaper design; I drew that with my finger)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
I hadn't thought of putting the picture on clothing, but now you mention it, what about socks?

That, along with SSSS pajamas mentioned in the other thread, is definitely something I would spend money on.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:22 AM »
Me too. I wonder if there would be some way to create some sort of fan run merchandise shop? I feel like a lot of people would buy stuff, but it doesn't seem like Minna will do it any time soon, she is working hard enough as it is.  Maybe we could stock a shop with t-shirts an pajamas ans such and then direct the profits to Minna so she doesn't have to deal with it? I have no idea if this would work, or how to implement it, but it seems like it could be a way for us to get our themed clothing and to get Minna a little more profit off the comic.
I've been thinking about that for about a week now, actually.  There are all kinds of options available, with lots of businesses that solely produce custom made products for different fandoms. 
Cups and flasks, maybe some decals, etc.  Those are just two things I found at MAGFest, but there're lots more.  The youtube crowd, in particular, seems to have a few big sites that just... make stuff for them to sell.  Maker is the biggest, for them.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »
What.....what am I doing....help meeeeee...

Hmmm I'm not 100% happy on the head I've made..even though I improved it..buuuuut...it's not quite......what I want I think

I wish it dried the same terra cotta colour, instead of peach...mhmmmmm
Also, the spiky bits are supposed to be fluff but I don't know how to make fluffffff ;_____;

EDIT: I JUST REALISED THAT THE BOOT FLUFF IS POINTING THE WRONG WAY! WHAT DO I DO?! DO I REDO IT? ASDFGHHHGHGGGGGG
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:53:47 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:12:31 AM »
What.....what am I doing....help meeeeee...

WHAT IS THIS. The boot fluff is the least of your problems! XD Why doesn't it have a head??? What is there in stead of a head??? arghh it reminds me of other things that it shouldn't
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:17:57 AM by SeaAngel »
Fluent:
OK:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:32:58 AM »
WHAT IS THIS. The boot fluff is the least of your problems! XD Why doesn't it have a head??? What is there in stead of a head??? arghh it reminds me of other things that it shouldn't
Now I'm going to worry about what it looks like all night! O___O

He has a head, but me and my sister agreed that it it possessed by dark evil and we should maybe burn it. So I'm going to make him another, non-satanic one tomorrow, after his arms. :3 and try and get the minna style better....

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 07:37:41 AM »
Now I'm going to worry about what it looks like all night! O___O

He has a head, but me and my sister agreed that it it possessed by dark evil and we should maybe burn it. So I'm going to make him another, non-satanic one tomorrow, after his arms. :3 and try and get the minna style better....

Oh, it's not supposed to look like that when finished, WHEW. I thought at first that a troll head was coming out of Lalli's clothes, with the rest of Lalli looking very cool about it XD
Fluent:
OK:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »

Nice! I've been wanting to get a custom sticker for my car with the SSSS sign. :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Flik

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »
Nice! I've been wanting to get a custom sticker for my car with the SSSS sign. :D

We have a vinyl cutter at work.  If I buy my own roll and cutting blade I can use it all I want :D

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 03:42:16 AM »

After staring at Mr beasty for so long, I decided I needed to try drawing him right side up. Here's the results so far! Also debating whether I want to attempt coloring him with pastels or not...
NIIIIIIIICE!
Chalk or oil pastel? :D (now I wanna draw trolls...it looks so fun!)

I finally gave in and drew fanart.
For some reason I couldn't draw chins tonight. Collars to the rescue!
Ah, the trusty collar...also hoods, cloaks, gumboots and mittens! XD Collars for the win! ;)

I made Lalli's arms today!  ::)

It's a mix-mash of his Keuruu clothes, because I just really wanted to put the bow on and not make hundreds of uniform straps and linings ;____; Although it's only now that I notice the bow loops are facing the wrong wayyyyyyy.. *troll cry* I AM NEVER GOING TO UNNOTICE THAT EVER. (I'm ironically a bit of a perfectionist...)
The sleeves aren't...quite....but they're ok.
(I'm going to fix his hand after it's dried :3)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:45:05 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Terallodaktus

• what can I say, I'm deadly in the court room.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
So, uhm, I suppose this is the best thread for this.

I started making a ssss themed plate. I have no idea on what I'm gonna put in the middle, but this is what I got done today:

Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe, because it can overcome the two biggest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.

Crazybean

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »

I started making a ssss themed plate. I have no idea on what I'm gonna put in the middle, [...]

;) close up of Toothipede

*I'm sorry I had a trolling moment
Might help if you want to keep people from eating. Hey SSSS themed diet utensils  ;D