Author Topic: Announcements  (Read 14830 times)

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
Re: Announcements
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 03:21:51 AM »
Let me very quietly whisper here that we're doing a test with custom user fields.

So, now you can find a Tumblr field in Profile » Forum Profile, where you can specify your main blog's URL name, and it will place a little Tumblr icon linking to your blog under your avatar in topics.

If this one goes well and there is large demand, more may follow. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:33:09 AM by Eriaror »
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 07:04:18 AM »
Let me very quietly whisper here that we're doing a test with custom user fields.

So, now you can find a Tumblr field in Profile » Forum Profile, where you can specify your main blog's URL name, and it will place a little Tumblr icon linking to your blog under your avatar in topics.

!!!! This is fantastic and now I have more room in my signature for shenanigans!!! :D
YEET

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 07:46:45 AM »

AHH what a great idea! I love it. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »

Yaaaay :DDD
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
It seems like this little addition was useful. :)
I've made a DeviantArt field as well. I'll probably stop here for now, unless you ask for something else I did not think of. ;)

Also: what you want to write in the little boxes is only the username, not the whole URL. (Most of you got that right, I've only seen one or two wrong links.)
(I'm sorry for leaving it possible to mess that up, probably I'll fix it as soon as I figure out RegEx properly...)
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »
Hey hey, just announcing that the master post of all art threads has been updated (with thanks to Viola).

I still need to add descriptions to several General Discussion board threads, and need to double check everything again, but other than that (which should be finished by tomorrow), it is complete.

Also a general announcement that if any new tutorials are needed, shoot me a pm or something. I'll add it to the thread.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
Hey hey, just announcing that the master post of all art threads has been updated (with thanks to Viola).

I still need to add descriptions to several General Discussion board threads, and need to double check everything again, but other than that (which should be finished by tomorrow), it is complete.

Also a general announcement that if any new tutorials are needed, shoot me a pm or something. I'll add it to the thread.
Thanks for the update, it's really useful for absent-minded people like me :D
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
Announcement: New Personal board
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 10:27:06 AM »
After discussing that cloaking the entire General Discussion Board for a handful of personal threads is not the best solution, we have decided to create a new Personal board for the most sensitive things, and cloak only that.

In detail:
The following threads got moved to a new Personal board, which is only visible to members who have posted at least one post.The General Discussion Board itself is visible to guests as well once again.

Suggestions and insights are much welcome! :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:57:27 PM by Eriaror »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:31 AM »
Postcard Thread has also been moved to the personal board.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Announcement: New Personal board
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »
Suggestions and insights are much welcome! :)

What about the Birthday Thread?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
What about the Birthday Thread?

I moved it. The calendar may still be viewable though because I don't think it's part of the forum.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
Since the board is PG-13 standard, an age limit was applied to the board some months ago. We do not want to fully ban our under aged members who joined before the time that rule was applied. Yet we have to guarantee their safety according to COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Rules). At the moment we aim for a compromise:
They can stay on this board, post and read what others write. Since we cannot controll what happens via private messaging, we will deactivate this service for users younger than 13.

In short: Within the next 72 hrs. PMs for those being younger than 13 will deactivated. The users will receive a message shortly after this post is published.

We hope you understand that we do not want to exclude members who have grown to be a part of the community from the board.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »
In short: Within the next 72 hrs. PMs for those being younger than 13 will deactivated.
Does this imply an official requirement to fill in at least the year of the birthday in one's profile, or is the triage based on an "I'm older than 13 y/n" checkbox added to the registration process?

(For the records, I never actually entered the "0000-00-00" listed in mine, or would otherwise claim to be approaching my 2016th birthday. It's just my clothes being a bit unflattering.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
Does this imply an official requirement to fill in at least the year of the birthday in one's profile, or is the triage based on an "I'm older than 13 y/n" checkbox added to the registration process?

(For the records, I never actually entered the "0000-00-00" listed in mine, or would otherwise claim to be approaching my 2016th birthday. It's just my clothes being a bit unflattering.)

It is based on the "I verify that I am older than 13" checkbox in the registration.

Basically the law works in that if we know you are under 13 legally we have to remove you from the forum since it is a pg-13 forum. If you are under 13 and we do not know then we are not responsible because there is no way for us to know your age. No one is required to put in their age. The users under 13 that we are not removing joined the forum before the 13+ rule was added to the registration process so it is not their fault.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
Dear forumites,

due to recent activities we want to ask for your help. If you repeatedly receive upsetting private messages please hit the report button. That way we are able to see the message send by a user and will be able to solve the issue. It is also helpfull to see connections to events happening outside the forum that affect users inside.

Please understand that username similarities between outside areas and inside are not the only criteria we can act on. In addition reports help us rejudging warnings a user might have already received.

With very few exceptions we can only act on forum based misbehavior. Screenshots can be helpfull, too, yet we prefer you to use the report button as it makes the research process easier for us.

Thanks for helping us to keep this place an as welcoming environment as possible.

Your moderation/admin team.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information