Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 45709 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2018, 11:17:04 AM »
soooo I did the thing?
mebbe I will go to a con soon?

idk. it's my first time doing a lot of these things and I'm so nervous about it. it's the first time I ever did eyeliner and contouring to myself (well actually this pic is from the second time, the first time I managed to get black hairspray All Over My Face so it was a mess) uhhh yes so I guess it's still a work in progress, but it was also a lot of fun to put it all together and wear it out to a halloween party.

Special thanks to @Ana Nymus for help with tailoring and sewing and @Nimphy for teaching me about cosplay stuff and wigs and makeup and watching me fail at applying makeup and also just putting up with all my loki bs XD

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »
Iceea's advice is good. Cons are the best fun! I used to love going with my kids, some of my cousins and a couple of friends who were into that stuff. How I first got involved in that community is a long story for another time, but it was something I did for a good forty years until I moved to somewhere that makes getting to them impossible without more resources than I now have. Good days, good days.

Cosplay was never my main interest, but my kids loved it, and would often go as a matched set of something such as Tolkien characters, and the cousin whose mundane profession was actor was very helpful with their costumes, and had great fun with his own, as did the cousin who was an electronics engineer - he was forever tinkering with odd alien costumes and things with weird internal lights, which in those days was unusual.

My own interests were more in the writing side and in filksinging, and I was usually to be found in the filk room or at a writer's panel or workshop when I wasn't shepherding the kids. (The writer's workshops were where I met Ursula le Guin, and several other interesting people). Mostly for costumed parts of the programme I went in my reenactment gear, both because it was easy, and after all the effort I had put into my handmade mail I liked to show it off, plus it looked impressive if I was doing security. The other thing I sometimes did was to run workshops on realistic combat for the fantasy writers. It was rather fun to get them into armour, swinging a heavy sword, and see for how long they could keep up witty repartee.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2018, 10:12:40 AM »
soooo I did the thing?
mebbe I will go to a con soon?

Looking good, Vi! Very "trickster god" ;D If you end up going to a con in the states, maybe we can meet up. I'm sure I'll have at least one of my costumes done by then...  :P About that... pictures to come eventually, as soon as I have the time to actually wear my Halloween costume and take photos.
Glad to be of help with the sewing stuff. A little bit of sewing knowledge goes a long way, huh?
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!