Author Topic: Fallout Play-By-Post  (Read 13277 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: Fallout Play-By-Post
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2022, 09:11:18 PM »
The grey-haired man eyes Faust carefully. "Alright. You all step back off the platform, stand by that backhoe over yonder, and nothing bad's gonna happen, understand? Then we can start sorting out names and places and what you lot might've missed."

"Ye Gods, the British are real," one of the militiamen mutters under his breath. "I owe Charlie a hundred caps."

"Can we pick up our guns?" Faust asks.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2022, 12:11:17 PM »
The grey-haired man eyes Faust carefully. "Alright. You all step back off the platform, stand by that backhoe over yonder, and nothing bad's gonna happen, understand? Then we can start sorting out names and places and what you lot might've missed."

"Ye Gods, the British are real," one of the militiamen mutters under his breath. "I owe Charlie a hundred caps."

Arthur gently twists his gun out of "Faust" 's grip, holds it low, and walks towards the backhoe.

He looks at the militiaman, smiles, and says
"Real as can be, my friend. Was visiting my new in-laws when the bombs fell, so my wife and I blagged our way into the vault. Anyway, what would someone want with tha' many hats?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:06:17 PM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
"Can we pick up our guns?" Faust asks.

The grey -haired man stares at Faust much as one would stare at a particularly dumb student asking if Earth was flat. "No."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »
The grey -haired man stares at Faust much as one would stare at a particularly dumb student asking if Earth was flat. "No."

Faust raises his hands in a general 'well I had to ask' motion. He kicks the gun off the elevator. "Charlie, Robin, let's go."

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2022, 02:37:11 PM »
"Sounds pretty reasonable. If yer willing to bringing this level of gat, you must get some pretty gopping shite in these"
He taps the elevator with his foot, and continues
"We found some massive cockroaches, 'bout the size of cats, killed them, then some old security robot with a diffy processor, it shot me, so I shot it in the faceplate, then Charlie here"
he gestures with his elbow towards Charlie
"Hossed a bottle of water at it, it brewed up and keeled over. But go ahead and search it if you like, there's still some of families frozen down there if any if you lot're boffins or riggers that fancy having a shufty."

Hold on, hold on why is Arthur now dragging her into this? She was perfectly content flying under the radar until now. Not that she isn´t proud of that throw. She is, very much.

Well, whatever caps are in this context, as long as it´s not bullets or something similarly unpleasant, Charlie´s fine with it. She still glares daggers at Arthur´s back for a moment, before following him and Faust towards the backhoe.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2022, 07:50:28 PM »
Nine

He watches the exchange between Arthur, Faust and the grey-haired man in silence, hoping that no one panics or does something stupid. They are surrounded, outnumbered and outgunned. Even Arthur's rifle wouldn't be enough against so many enemies, not to mention Carl's cannon.

Just when the tension eases Nine realizes he's been holding his breath. He let's the air out slowly. If these people wanted them dead they would be shooting already. Of course that could change, but with some luck they might survive this.

Nine follows the others to the backhoe, moving slowly allowing their leader to get closer. Time to build some mutual confidence, give them something and start an actual conversation.

"So, names and places, hum?" He says, turning to the grey-haired man as they walk. "Mine's Grey, and I live... lived in Boston. But I'm from Providence, Rhode Island. Mind if I ask yours?"
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2022, 01:44:50 PM »
Nine

He watches the exchange between Arthur, Faust and the grey-haired man in silence, hoping that no one panics or does something stupid. They are surrounded, outnumbered and outgunned. Even Arthur's rifle wouldn't be enough against so many enemies, not to mention Carl's cannon.

Just when the tension eases Nine realizes he's been holding his breath. He let's the air out slowly. If these people wanted them dead they would be shooting already. Of course that could change, but with some luck they might survive this.

Nine follows the others to the backhoe, moving slowly allowing their leader to get closer. Time to build some mutual confidence, give them something and start an actual conversation.

"So, names and places, hum?" He says, turning to the grey-haired man as they walk. "Mine's Grey, and I live... lived in Boston. But I'm from Providence, Rhode Island. Mind if I ask yours?"

The grey-haired man signals some of the militiamen, one of whom has a large backpack with a bundle of electrical wire strapped to it. These men, with the ease of long practice, stand on the elevator, while another works some controls in a small trailer to the side of the elevator. The platform descends with another rumble.

The man turns back to Nine. "Colonel Hamilton, Commonwealth Minutemen. From Quincy, but Sanctuary's my home now. So what's the story on your lot?"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2022, 03:12:21 PM »
Nine

A colonel leading so few men sounds odd to Nine. He had more soldiers under his command when he was a captain. But then calling themselves Minutemen smelled of militia, not exactly Army... He would try to find more about that later. Better to avoid delicate questions now, and stick with the conversation.

"Quincy? Been there sometimes, hiking at Blue Hills. And there was this... friend of mine that had a boat very close, at Town River Bay. I was heading there when the bombs fell...

But to answer your question, colonel, we barely had time to reach the vault on that day." He nods towards the descending elevator. "Once we got inside vaultech personal tricked us into some fancy machines and we have been sleeping there until earlier today."

Nine makes a pause, trying to observe Hamilton's reaction, but can't tell much from his face. he decides to proceed, leaving the strange override part out for now.

"Today the machines had some... malfunction, and woke us... well, the ones still alive. There are much more people inside the vault, even relatives of some of us. We were confused, but able to organize and find our way through the vault. We fought some giant cockroaches, and one security bot, with what we had. Luckily no one died, just a few injuries."

He awkardly points at his holster, careful not to make any suspicious move.

"We were able to work out that a lot of time passed, found some supplies and guns, and decided it was time to find out what happened outside. And, in a nutshell, that's what happened. We are just some survivors that mean no harm."

Nine looks at Hamilton, still trying to figure what he's thinking.

"So, can we put our arms down? No one is picking a fight here."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 03:59:13 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »
The grey-haired man signals some of the militiamen, one of whom has a large backpack with a bundle of electrical wire strapped to it. These men, with the ease of long practice, stand on the elevator, while another works some controls in a small trailer to the side of the elevator. The platform descends with another rumble.

The man turns back to Nine. "Colonel Hamilton, Commonwealth Minutemen. From Quincy, but Sanctuary's my home now. So what's the story on your lot?"

"Colour sergeant Arthur Fairfax-Miller, light company, Suffolk regiment, British army. From Sizewell, East Anglia, which is, as" he points to the milltiaman who was muttering  " our friend over 'ere deduced, in Britain."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:08:30 PM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2022, 05:17:55 PM »
Cops but militia or something. Which usually means a gang about as bad as cops. Which is a shame. Best not say anything until directly asked. Kids will be fine, but he may need to go on the run... especially if others tell on him too much.
Eh.
He wasn't too attached to this lot anyway, although they are the best shot he has at figuring out stuff that happened, which sounds like something he should do. Right? He spent centuries in a hole. It would be nice to know why. Maybe punch someone responsible for that. But anyway, he can leave them without feeling too bad about it. This will be fine.