Author Topic: Danish language group | Dansk sprog gruppen  (Read 12613 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Danish language group | Dansk sprog gruppen
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
I wonder about this

really?
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »
This is gonna to sound like a strange request, but I have to give a presentation and my opening line is
"Art is bae, bae is Danish poo, but in America it means significant other."
I was wondering if someone knew how to say the underlined portion in Danish preferably with pronunciation please so I can wow/confuse my audience and try to better my grade.
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 10:32:20 AM »
This is gonna to sound like a strange request, but I have to give a presentation and my opening line is
"Art is bae, bae is Danish poo, but in America it means significant other."
I was wondering if someone knew how to say the underlined portion in Danish preferably with pronunciation please so I can wow/confuse my audience and try to better my grade.

"men i Amerika det betyder kæreste" would be the translation. Danish pronunciation is kinda hard to type out but I will try.

"men ee Amerika deh beteuuuur kaireste"

Ok so the yd in betyder makes an unusual sound for english speakers and I don't know how to type that so your best bet is to type "betyder" into google translate and then play the voice: https://translate.google.ca/?hl=en#da/en/betyder

What sort of presentation is it?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
"men i Amerika det betyder kæreste" would be the translation. Danish pronunciation is kinda hard to type out but I will try.

Ok so the yd in betyder makes an unusual sound for english speakers and I don't know how to type that so your best bet is to type "betyder" into google translate and then play the voice: https://translate.google.ca/?hl=en#da/en/betyder

Oh cool! Thanks!

In my English class we have to create a memorial or monument, mine is over Minna Sundberg hahahaaaa and we have to start out with a strong line to catch the audiences attention, and I intend to do just that.
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »

If I remember correctly, Danish, like Swedish and Norwegian, has V2 word order, so I think "men i Amerika betyder det kæreste" is the best-sounding word order. Sounds the same, just with "betyder" and "det" switched around.
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Kenneth

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »
Ser ikke ud som om at der stadig er interesse, men hvis der er nogen der har dansk spørgsmål er jeg her.

Doesnt seem like anyone is interested anymore, but if anyone has questions about danish I'll be around.
:denmark:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:59 AM »
I'm not sure this is the best topic for this Scandinavia and the World cartoon, but it's so fitting for SSSS that I couldn't resist:

https://satwcomic.com/cold-reality-shower
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: