Author Topic: Personal Dreamworld  (Read 26206 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: Personal Dreamworld
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
I don't have a magesona to base my dreamworld off but I'm gonna go with a waterfall-y area like this

I'm also very fond of rainforests so maybe this??

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
Perhaps it does, but what exactly does it say?

Nothing exact, that's for sure, but I do love seeing how differently people go at it. Some select places that are familiar, usually by childhood or because they live in the area now. Some select areas they find pleasant for other reasons and some create whole new ones. And then there's some like kjeks that go entirely a different route. I guess that I meant to say is "I love to see how many different ways people approach this question".
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
I based my dreamworld on a place I've been to very often in my childhood, it is close to my parents' home.

I'd wake up under the group of trees...

...and then wander into the light wood you can see in the background. And of course, it is eternal summer. ;)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
*scratches back of head* umm so I already a dreamworld. I was lead through guided meditation to form a unquie place for my mind to go and rest. 

So far the area I have explored is surrounded by mountains and is either grassy plains, or really old forest. There's a glacier that sources the river the flows to the lake that's in the plains. Creature wise there are tiny little dragons/drakes, fish, deer, and birds. I haven't done much but relax and build a small place to stay.

Pics kinda how it looks

The plains

River through the forest, I spend a lot of time on it's banks.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Mine would involve a coastline.  The land would be wooded, varying greatly with the season (or the dream-season, who knows how those line up with real seasons), but mostly there would be a beach of smooth small stones and fine sand.. and boats.  Many boats, each one of which would take me somewhere, but I wouldn't know where until I got in and went.
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
I don't have a magesona to base my dreamworld off but I'm gonna go with a waterfall-y area like this

Ah, Vøringsfossen. I was there three weeks ago. It's only that big when they empty the dam further upstream - water is liquid money after all (but that's not relevant to dreamscapes so, yeah).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:48:44 AM by Fimbulvarg »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »
If you had your own personal Dreamworld how frequently would you visit, and what would it look like?
Hmmmm. Seeing that both Lalli and Onni were sleeping in their havens this time around, I'm led to believe that they a) go there every time they RL-sleep and b) normally dream-sleep as well, likely because that's what they need to do to actually recuperate during their RL-sleep.

If so ... call me unimaginative, but my haven would be dark and silent, as I don't sleep very well when there's light or noises.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »
Ooh, dreamworlds! It’s so cool to see everyone’s choices.

I think mine would have to be the part of north-west Wales where I spent a fair bit of my childhood. Probably the headland of Mynydd Tir y Cwmwd, which I must have scrambled up and down about twenty times now:

It’s a big old hunk of granite sticking out of the Llyn Peninsula, covered in gorse and great for walking on. Perfect combination of the ‘blasted heath’ and the coastal environments, with a lovely view over Cardigan Bay from the summit.

Plus, it’s got this guy on it:

That’s the Tin Man statue (the third one to be put up there, the original was a wooden ship’s figurehead), supposed to represent weary travellers. I like to imagine it coming to life and beating up anything that strays into my dreamworld – although I’m sure it’d make an exception for harmless Icelandic mages.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
I'd have to base it on the Brecon Beacons, but I'd have some kind of TARDIS-hut with a library, music room, pretty much every guitar and amp I've ever lusted over, free Italian food delivered to the door, dedicated fibre-optic internet... (gah)
Right, I need to become a billionaire so I can make that exist.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 01:05:37 PM »
I'm a waterfall kind of person too.

My dreamworld would probably look a lot like this place here:

It's a place I've been to a couple of times and I love it. It's so peaceful, heavily shaded by the trees, with just enough sky showing so you don't feel trapped. You can't see it in this picture, but there are some big rocks in the middle of the water stream, so you can just sit there and take a nap if you want to.

And now I miss this place so much. I wish I could teleport there right now. :/

EDIT: Actually, you can see the rocks, they're right in front of the waterfall. For some reason, my brain decided to ignore their existence and just went "these are not the rocks you're looking for".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:15:32 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
My dreamworld would be a forest with a small stream (you can't really see the stream in this picture, but it's there),

and a stunning view from the hilltop.

Well, pretty much like my favourite hiking place and the hills where I spent the best summers of my childhood.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »
Ooh, dreamworlds! It’s so cool to see everyone’s choices.

I think mine would have to be the part of north-west Wales where I spent a fair bit of my childhood. Probably the headland of Mynydd Tir y Cwmwd, which I must have scrambled up and down about twenty times now:

It’s a big old hunk of granite sticking out of the Llyn Peninsula, covered in gorse and great for walking on. Perfect combination of the ‘blasted heath’ and the coastal environments, with a lovely view over Cardigan Bay from the summit.
I've been there a few times and it really is a lovely area, no wonder you want it in your dreamworld

As for my own dreamworld it would probably be an old deciduous forest, very mossy with ancient trees and older rocks all growing fluffier with green ^_^ It would probably be on a slant with a stream running down, and bluebells and wild garlic growing around the water. The picture that captures it best from google images is below, but the idea is strongly based on a woods near where I lived which used to be a pre-christian sacred spot where the tylwyth (fairies) used to appear. I don't have any good pictures of unfortunately. Anyway, this picture gives the general feel of it…
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 11:22:05 PM »
Ooh, my dreamworld would be a forest. Mostly maple trees, many of them being suitable for climbing. And sunlight would always be streaming down through the leaves to make that mottled pattern. There would be a medium-sized stream there with little silver fish in it. It would be very peaceful and calm. But underneath the surface, hidden in all the little cracks and holes, there would be secrets. Stashes of books or food. A fishing rod (because those little silver fish are probably good to eat, right?). Even booby traps to be activated should someone enter uninvited.
And now I want to try lucid dreaming again just so I can really make this place.  :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »
*scratches back of head* umm so I already a dreamworld. I was lead through guided meditation to form a unquie place for my mind to go and rest. 

I just have to say how awesome that is. That's so cool, that you can actively participate in your dreamworld. I have one (or I think I have one) but I can't interact with it like that.
You're already a mage!
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:56 AM »
HmmmMMMMmmm this is a really cool thread! I'm going to assume that my dreamworld would have lots of rain and water, because I've grown up loving rain and I practically live in water (and if nobody stops global warming, I actually will be underwater) but there would probably be something like this at first sight, with a drizzly/misty rain

and not to borrow pieces of Fimbulvarg's idea, but you could go underwater and it would be a mix of a coral reef and kelp forest. Also, you could breathe fine, because it's a dream and why not. Perhaps there would be a hut or house or ruins somewhere underwater around there but you'd need to explore a bit to find that :3
YEET