Author Topic: How did you discover SSSS?  (Read 5438 times)

midwestmutt

• Scout
Re: How did you discover SSSS?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2022, 08:07:30 PM »
I was a real comic geek when young so when I finally got a computer it was not long before I discovered web comics. I began following Minna's work with aRTD which I think I found by an ad on TWC. The comic was just starting but I lost the link for a couple of months due to being not very good with computers. When I found it again I stuck with Minna ever since. However I will not be following her Christian comics. They are not to my taste.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

ScrimmyBingusPSVitaPort

• Will probably post art here one day
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2022, 08:43:00 PM »
I used to watch a lot of Overly Sarcastic Production videos on youtube. While I was watching the Trope Talk episode on post apocalypses, Red (the mythology/pop-culture half of the channel) kept gushing on and on about SSSS and me, looking for other webcomics to read while Ava's Demon was on hiatus again not getting into that can of worms I naturally gravitated towards it. Even though LP left a sour taste in my mouth I'm still glad I found this comic and this community <3.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2022, 11:36:50 PM »
This is a bit on the geeky side--

I was trying to explain to some one the etymology of a word, so I did a web search.

In the images return was the Language tree map, with the words stand, still, stay silent.

Intrigued, I clicked on the comic link, and "well here we are"!

Many many folk have come here via that tree. I understand it was widely shared, including some with the artist's credit erased. (to which we say  >:( )
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lazerbird

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2022, 02:08:43 AM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I found it because I like a lot of other hiveworks comics, was scrolling through their website during the time when tigress queen announced it's hiatus and the rest is history
native speaker - :us:
can survive - :mx:
learning - :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2022, 09:05:54 AM »
Hello Lazerbird and welcome to the Forum! We have an Introduction Thread too, in the General board. Come by to say hi to all! (It’s not a requirement but it’s fun)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2022, 12:41:42 PM »
Many many folk have come here via that tree. I understand it was widely shared, including some with the artist's credit erased. (to which we say  >:( )

That is rude. It is a beautiful piece, and people should give credit to the person who did the work.  I'd second the GRRRR!!
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Lazerbird

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 07:41:46 PM »
unrelated but that poster was in my middle school history teacher's classroom, and I was always confused by the branch with the ssss languages, so it's cool to know where it came from
native speaker - :us:
can survive - :mx:
learning - :fi: