Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841249 times)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3825 on: August 18, 2015, 02:11:25 AM »
Trinka.... c-can I art trade with you....?
*hides under the bed*

Sure you can! (Did you want to be Burtonese... cuz if you don't, you have to let me know. I'll go full fledged dark and weird all over your Sona if you don't warn me :D)

@Trinka: yes i would also like to art trade with you who is this burton person everyone keeps speaking of

Let me explain you a thing

Tim Burton is the creative mind behind such iconic classics as Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Corpse Bride, Batman Returns, and many others. He is known and loved for his quirky sense of style, mixed with the sinister and twisted. He changed the world of costume, set, and character design, opening many doors for "weird" individuals such as himself. He is a great guy, and a legend. You can immediately tell if something is inspired by Tim Burton.

A few examples:
Spoiler: BUUUURRRTTOOOONNNN • show

Can you tell he has a special place in my heart?  ;)

So now that you know who the Man behind the Legend is, did you want his style? Or was this just a regular art trade request?  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3826 on: August 18, 2015, 02:20:28 AM »
Sure you can! (Did you want to be Burtonese... cuz if you don't, you have to let me know. I'll go full fledged dark and weird all over your Sona if you don't warn me :D)

Let me explain you a thing

Tim Burton is the creative mind behind such iconic classics as Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Corpse Bride, Batman Returns, and many others. He is known and loved for his quirky sense of style, mixed with the sinister and twisted. He changed the world of costume, set, and character design, opening many doors for "weird" individuals such as himself. He is a great guy, and a legend. You can immediately tell if something is inspired by Tim Burton.

A few examples:
Spoiler: BUUUURRRTTOOOONNNN • show

Can you tell he has a special place in my heart?  ;)

So now that you know who the Man behind the Legend is, did you want his style? Or was this just a regular art trade request?  :)

i knew i recognized it from somewhere
yes i want his style yes

(although i'm not sure what you'll do with alexis, he's not very terrifying, is he)

and if you want anything in particular for your trade...

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3827 on: August 18, 2015, 02:34:54 AM »

i knew i recognized it from somewhere
yes i want his style yes

(although i'm not sure what you'll do with alexis, he's not very terrifying, is he)

and if you want anything in particular for your trade...

The fun thing about ol-Burty is that you can go whichever direction you want with it: the goth cutesy, or the disturbingly horrifying. So you don't need to be terrifying to be drawn in his style, just open to a few color tweaks for that strange and gloomy look  :D

Spoiler: look at this frozen fan art for goodness sake. it is fracking adorable • show

On that note: I know you've been fidling with the design for Alexis quite a bit recently. Where would I be able to get my hands on the most recent design you had in mind for him (both dreamworld and regular outfits if you don'y mind; I like having choices for inspiration on where to take the drawing)
(And never underestimate my ability to make anybody terrifying.....)

And in response to your question: Maybe Mimmi oohing and ahing over some useless piece of junk she found from the Old World  that has absolutely no practical value in Y90, but is cool and old-timey, so she can't help but love it anyways  :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3828 on: August 18, 2015, 04:12:02 AM »

[/spoiler]

This... this is amazing, that's what it is! Well worth the wait and then some more, I've just sat here speechless for a long while trying to figure out something coherent to say because all I have is *pterodactyl noises*

It's just so convincingly Burton-esque! And creepy, one of the creepiest Lauftrolls to date and I mean this as a massive compliment! Both of them in the same picture even, and the inverted picture - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ok that was the end of my coherence, from now on I'll communicate my feelings by rolling on the floor and happy-kicking things! Thank you so much A+++ would art trade again!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3829 on: August 18, 2015, 04:23:34 AM »

Gotta second everything that has been said about the amazingness of this adaption and the massively enhanced creepiness of the lauftroll. So far the lauftroll has looked almost a bit cute. This version looks plain sinister.

Also 'dere' in 'dere kan ikke unnslippe deres skjebne' is 2nd person plural, like the plural form of 'you' or german 'ihr'. So the sentence is referring to multiple people (but maybe that was the intention, like, it refers to the trollsona and humansona both).

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3830 on: August 18, 2015, 04:35:33 AM »
This... this is amazing, that's what it is! Well worth the wait and then some more, I've just sat here speechless for a long while trying to figure out something coherent to say because all I have is *pterodactyl noises*

It's just so convincingly Burton-esque! And creepy, one of the creepiest Lauftrolls to date and I mean this as a massive compliment! Both of them in the same picture even, and the inverted picture - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ok that was the end of my coherence, from now on I'll communicate my feelings by rolling on the floor and happy-kicking things! Thank you so much A+++ would art trade again!

YUUUUUSSSSSS, LAUFEY SEAL OF APPROVAL HAS BEEN EARNED!

*YOU HAVE LEVELED UP!*

I'm so happy you love it! I felt so bad for so long because I hadn't gotten yours done, I just kept battling my inner demons on how to properly showcase your inner demon. I knew I wanted a whole double persona thing going on with both versions of Lauf, because her story is just too tragic, but didn't know how I wanted to do it! Glad this idea came to me, it was lots of fun to make and plan out: lots of loving for Tim's work happened, I had forgotten how much I liked his style  ;D

Gotta second everything that has been said about the amazingness of this adaption and the massively enhanced creepiness of the lauftroll. So far the lauftroll has looked almost a bit cute. This version looks plain sinister.

Also 'dere' in 'dere kan ikke unnslippe deres skjebne' is 2nd person plural, like the plural form of 'you' or german 'ihr'. So the sentence is referring to multiple people (but maybe that was the intention, like, it refers to the trollsona and humansona both).

YAY FOR CREEPY LAUFTROLLS! That was the whole idea of this: I really wanted to showcase the downright sinister nature of the plague on its victims.

And as far as "dere" being 2nd person plural, that was totally my intentions. I wanted it to have a proverbial feeling to it, like an omen: not so much about how Laufey can't escape her fate, but more like how you (people in general) can't escape their fates  :D

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3831 on: August 18, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #3832 on: August 18, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »

Trinka, you have my permission to go complete Burtonese-crazy. Go as weird and dark as you can! There will be absolutely nothing to hold you back! \o/
And I just really love love his style, too ^-^
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3833 on: August 18, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »
Trinka: The Tim Burton version of Laufey is AMAZING, and I don't have the words to describe how much I loved it!!! <3
I think I could read a whole comic of Laufey becoming a troll in Tim Burton's style.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3834 on: August 18, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »

~~~Dere kan ikke unslippe deres skjebne~~~

And have an inverted one of the line art, because it just looks too cool-for-school

Spoiler: whoa the whole thing is opposite • show

[/center]

Awesome!
Also creepy....
but still awesome!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3835 on: August 19, 2015, 03:26:49 AM »
I think I could read a whole comic of Laufey becoming a troll in Tim Burton's style.

I think I'd prefer a Burtonesque stop-motion animation, complete with the singing.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3836 on: August 19, 2015, 03:49:34 AM »

Are you sure that you're not, say, actually just Tim Burton?

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3837 on: August 19, 2015, 05:26:28 AM »
O_o Whoa, that's impressive !
WHY THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I AIM TO PLEASE

Trinka: The Tim Burton version of Laufey is AMAZING, and I don't have the words to describe how much I loved it!!! <3
TANKS A BUNDLE
 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノAnd woman don't give me any ideas, that comic could suck the life out of me

Awesome!
Also creepy....
but still awesome!
That was my plan all along, muahaha!

I think I'd prefer a Burtonesque stop-motion animation, complete with the singing.
YEEESSSHHHHH, now I need this in my life, why are you making me dream of things that cannot be (ToT)

Are you sure that you're not, say, actually just Tim Burton?
CRAP THEY'RE ONTO ME

*flees*

(/◕ヮ◕)/ But seriously, I take that as the highest of compliments!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3838 on: August 19, 2015, 05:29:08 AM »
YEEESSSHHHHH, now I need this in my life, why are you making me dream of things that cannot be (ToT)

Well, now you have an incentive to learn stop-motion animation and propmaking  ;)
If only 'twere easy.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3839 on: August 19, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
(DUDES, I totally recommend drawing like The Burton at least once. It's so freeing, what even are clean lines??? And if anyone else wants a cool Burtonified version of their Sona for their art trade, just lemme know, kay? Cuz I think I might have caught the Burton Bug)
Me too, me too (if your plate isn't full already)!
I found myself all out of art trades today, oh no! This must be remedied.

For anyone else, if someone wants to do a art trade, let me know. I'll give you some more details (like colours, build, whatever) for my character if necessary, and I'll probably give you more than just a sketch (the one of my character is just a sketch) if you want that.

I'd like to do an art trade with you, if you could PM me those details that'd be great.
Does anyone else want to do a trade? (If I already sketched your ssssona, don't let it stop you because it will be fun to do again)

And yeah, you have my permission to add her to the Pinterest board, if you want to. I generally don't mind people using, sharing or editing my art, provided that they share the results with me afterwards.
Thanks, you've been added to the board! Updated it today, wee! Still missing some of the newcomers (Luth & Darkrawen)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:43:18 PM by Unlos »