Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841600 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3360 on: July 24, 2015, 08:55:29 AM »
hello self-insert thread, some random art reflex shenanigans happened to the general discussion thread a while back, but I figure it belongs in this thread too. the prompt was "tea party with fimby"

*is guilty of suggesting aforementioned prompt*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3361 on: July 24, 2015, 12:33:23 PM »
Gahhhh! I love it! Weaponized tea! >o<
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3362 on: July 24, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)
Goes left to right by page
GROUP 2 TRAINING MONTAGE TO "I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU"!

How did I miss this the first time around?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:31:35 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3363 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
Hellooo
It's me again, don't know what's going on as usual and came here to post my last art trade with Feartheviolas.
Here. An adorable and mysterious young mage. And her ordinary pets.

BTW. If someone is in the mood for an art trade with me or something like that (or I forgot about our art trade - alas, I can do this) just PM me, I'll be really happy  :)

Actually  I DO know that's going on. Haiz, Gwenno and everyone else are doing cool things.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3364 on: July 24, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »

BTW. If someone is in the mood for an art trade with me or something like that (or I forgot about our art trade - alas, I can do this) just PM me, I'll be really happy  :)
D'awwww! So beautiful, as always!

I'd definitely be open to an art-trade (if you're not too busy)! Will PM you.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3365 on: July 24, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
Hellooo
It's me again, don't know what's going on as usual and came here to post my last art trade with Feartheviolas.
Here. An adorable and mysterious young mage. And her ordinary pets.

Actually  I DO know that's going on. Haiz, Gwenno and everyone else are doing cool things.

AAAAAHHHHH YAY!!! It's so beautiful!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3366 on: July 25, 2015, 02:16:17 AM »
I believe that this once I'll have to just not reply to everyone who said things about my comic, but I'm so glad that people felt they weren't horribly mis-portrayed (minus Aqua's sona being put in the wrong group, I read her as group 3, but because of the comic just kinda assumed that she'd be with communications - my bad :/)

Curry - Oh my goodness gracious me, these are precious! i love how you've gone though all these timelines and your choice of character for each one seems to suit so well ^_^ I think it was definitely a good move choosing Quabus  as the braided dress person, as you said, already loads of draws, but also I'm so unconfortable wearing dresses and skirts (irrationally so really) that I revert to wearing my big muddy walking boots with them, or a pocket knife hidden in my bra if my friends get too miffed at the obvious non-dressiness (I just really don't feel comfortable wearing them)

Haiz - I recall the last time somebody challenged Fimby that you couldn't possibly weaponise everything it resulted in the mage-mace. This is such a funny concept but I shall never doubt again (or drink any tea offered by said captain)

Coloudy - You get better with each drawing ^_^ How about you challenge yourself with Galeta doing cool dynamic things for the next one (running after a cat or something?) I'd really like to see something like that

Solokov - Deyum, you draw these technichy gadgets so well. It's so tidy and detailed!

Robin - I don't think you've ever produced anything that wasn't completely wonderful on this forum and this one fits in well with the rest (also hehe I'm apparently a memorable name on this thread :P ) I'd be up for an art trade, but I may not have internet until monday so send me a pm

Actually, I miss art trades. Can't see replies until I get back but if anyone's interested let me know (doing something for Unlos first, but definitely room for more!)

I reallly have no idea  :o
How did I miss this the first time around?
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3367 on: July 25, 2015, 05:51:23 AM »
Once again I've missed nearly a hundred pages since my last post. *sigh* Well, at least I got a little drawing done this afternoon.  Not sure it came out like I wanted, but I'm out of time and it will do.
This image takes place in the vicinity of Mora.  A safe area recently cleansed and brought within the fences includes a splendid lingonberry patch, and Sofie (AquaArion) has enlisted some friends to help her pick over the berries she and Alexis (KicknRun) harvested earlier so she can make a slice.  Unfortunately, Tabea (tabeabd) and Sara (Sunflower) can't resist the treat and, well... Alma (Kizzy) has her innocent face on, but what do you think?  Alexis is *not* impressed, and Sofie has only just realised that the crust she's making no longer has a filling.  Hanna (KauniitaUnia) has no idea, she's only just woken up and come to the kitchen to get a bite to eat before she starts her shift.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3368 on: July 25, 2015, 07:30:04 AM »
Once again I've missed nearly a hundred pages since my last post. *sigh* Well, at least I got a little drawing done this afternoon.  Not sure it came out like I wanted, but I'm out of time and it will do.
This image takes place in the vicinity of Mora.  A safe area recently cleansed and brought within the fences includes a splendid lingonberry patch, and Sofie (AquaArion) has enlisted some friends to help her pick over the berries she and Alexis (KicknRun) harvested earlier so she can make a slice.  Unfortunately, Tabea (tabeabd) and Sara (Sunflower) can't resist the treat and, well... Alma (Kizzy) has her innocent face on, but what do you think?  Alexis is *not* impressed, and Sofie has only just realised that the crust she's making no longer has a filling.  Hanna (KauniitaUnia) has no idea, she's only just woken up and come to the kitchen to get a bite to eat before she starts her shift.

This is such a lovely illustration! The scene is so cute (although Sofie probably doesn't think so...)
"Hanna (KauniitaUnia) has no idea, she's only just woken up and come to the kitchen to get a bite to eat before she starts her shift." -So in character, it's unbelieveble. I expect once she figured out exactly what she had walked in on, Hanna would be disappointed she missed out on some of that sweet sweet lingonberry filling ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3369 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
I believe that this once I'll have to just not reply to everyone who said things about my comic, but I'm so glad that people felt they weren't horribly mis-portrayed (minus Aqua's sona being put in the wrong group, I read her as group 3, but because of the comic just kinda assumed that she'd be with communications - my bad :/)
Don't worry about it ^^ I was unclear when I made the comic :P I just figured that, since group 3 moves in after group 1 and 2, they'd have some kind of communication going on before sending all the skalds etc to a possibly dangerous area.

AHHH!! *flails happily* THANK YOU!!
This is lovely and I can totally see it happening! Guess it's time to find some new berries, or maybe they can just bake the crust and eat it? XD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3370 on: July 25, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

yoooooooooooo

thats actually 100% in charareter i would totally do all of this

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3371 on: July 25, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »
or maybe they can just bake the crust and eat it? XD
Pfff, who needs to bake it? Hasn't got eggs in it or anything, and it's DELICIOUS raw. If it's good pie-dough, that is, which it looks like.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3372 on: July 25, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
i finally uploaded that picture i mentioned before when i said alexis was more than a pretty face

i'm pretty good at two things
1.singing
2.kids

Spoiler: show

actually he would be standing while doing this if he needed to book it
and yes that is a knife i dont know how to draw knives

sorry about not resizing the image(its big)  my handwriting sucks its easier to read now right?

edit: i uploaded these images finally weee

a big high-five to anyone who drew/liked alexis' dream outfit

because i  h a t e d  this thing
hate in the form of a thousand supernovas

so now he has two outfits

the priest poncho is still there,plus the grey undershirt

the pants are pretty poofy
more poofy than what i drew

the cape is red and really thin and really swishy

and the boots are more like ballet slippers i guess
i've worn them before

and here she is in action

bet u couldn't draw that action with the skirt could ya

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:29:15 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3373 on: July 25, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »
Haiz - I recall the last time somebody challenged Fimby that you couldn't possibly weaponise everything it resulted in the mage-mace. This is such a funny concept but I shall never doubt again (or drink any tea offered by said captain)
HA HA yes haiz is very good at listening to own advice and experience, you see

mad robin: that's beautiful *___*

wavewright: ahaha nice

kick: i approve of poofy pants. poofy pants are the best

Alethryia made a kellsified drawing of haiz (that is incidentally my current avatar) a little while back, even when I said I shouldn't get one, and she didn't want anything back... buuuuut I made a little thank-you doodle anyway

I shouldn't draw when I'm as tired as I am now, but I think it didn't turn out half bad actually! ok bed time now bye
you'll know where to find me.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3374 on: July 25, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »
Ok so here is a ~mysterious sneak preview~ of what I'm making Curry as a thank you for the hard work they put into their last project. Enjoy!
Aaaand now I've committed to finishing this. Help.

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:13:29 AM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10: