Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843193 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3255 on: July 17, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »
hello self-insert thread it's me again I was here five seconds ago but lemme just SCREAM ABOUT MAD ROBIN'S ART OK
LOOK AT THIS

THE HAIR!!! THE CLOTHES!!!! THE COLOURS AND THE SHADING I HAVE LIKED YOUR ART FOR A LONG TIME BUT I THINK IT HAS IMPROVED A LOT AND THAT'S WHY I'M CAPSLOCKING RN maybe i should turn it off but ok. ok. *shoves appreciation avalanche at you*

also how is watching disney movies before drawing a bad idea sounds more like most best idea

(also curry look. further proof you are roxy lalonde)

It's not "just a bunch of doodles" -- it's sequential art!   Scott McCloud says so.  (All hail.)
oh yeah that's right I even read that part hahahah ha

I'm not Haiz but I would answer : obviously.
dang I forgot to answer that. but yes. the closest thing we have to a sigrun + weaponizing tendencies.

They're probably listening, albeit with no small amount of confusion.
i mean it seems to be a compliment but nope it's just another self-esteem collapse. classic
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:27:18 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3256 on: July 17, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a psychologist. But humans can:

Psychological assesment report for members of groups number 1, 2, and 3.

Diagnosis: PTSD

Symptoms: nightmares, panic attacks, flash backs, repressed memories, break downs when certain insturments are played

Triggers: accordion noises (one subject reported feeling nervous at mentions of a mace)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:31:48 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3257 on: July 17, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
Uh-oh, I feel like a terrible person. I have missed too much. But you're cool and I believe you all know that, and my comments are unnecessary.

Finally, I have some free days and I'm home and I've finished two art trades and i'm almost content with the result. Almost.
Curry and Trinka are my victims.
Spoiler: show

*zombie voice* the hair!
Sorry, a random background as usual. And a strange glowing thing. A firefly probably?

And Mimmi. Her outfit makes me cry. It's too gorgeous, boohoo! It is obviously not envy.

And one important lesson I've learned. Watching disney movies before drawing is the worst idea.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG!! I SECOND WHAT HAIZ WAS SAYING, YOU'VE GOTTEN SO LIKE. AMAZING WITH YOUR COLORING AND ART AND STYLE AND IT'S SO IMPRESSIVE :0

I really love how you color so much ;w; it's so beautiful and soft and glowy and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm going to stare at this for. hours.
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3258 on: July 17, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »
I really admire Fimby, and have a BIG senpai noticed me reaction whenever she comments on stuff that I've done)

Apparently I missed this part (due to panicking a bit about possibly having insulted someone's dialect). Uh, thanks, it ... actually makes me really happy to hear that! In most cases (other forums etc.) I'm the one to have senpai moments, haha.

Uh-oh, I feel like a terrible person. I have missed too much. But you're cool and I believe you all know that, and my comments are unnecessary.

Finally, I have some free days and I'm home and I've finished two art trades and i'm almost content with the result. Almost.

*zombie voice* the hair!
Sorry, a random background as usual. And a strange glowing thing. A firefly probably?

And Mimmi. Her outfit makes me cry. It's too gorgeous, boohoo! It is obviously not envy.

And one important lesson I've learned. Watching disney movies before drawing is the worst idea.

I think watching Disney movies is a great idea because these look amazing. Dat hair, dat outfit!

(one subject reported feeling nervous at mentions of a mace)

"This steak is amazi ... Helen what's wrong?"
"I NEED AN ADULT!!"

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3259 on: July 17, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
"This steak is amazi ... Helen what's wrong?"
"I NEED AN ADULT!!"
"....you're older than half of the team members"

also haha i'm glad nobody is speaking english in this verse or else "haiz" would rhyme a little with "mace" wouldn't it

in case anyone is wondering why my insert seems to be named both Helen and Haiz:
Helen is the """"real name"""" that most people call hir, and Haiz is a nickname/sort of True Name that surfaced after some elaborate process nobody really understands. Mostly used by close friends, but ze introduces hirself mostly as Haiz now, which confuses people who were told this was a Helen.
Ze reacts to both names, and pretty much any words that have the same amount of syllables and rhymes with Helen, as well as 'Helene', 'Helena' and variations thereof.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:47:25 PM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3260 on: July 17, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »
also haha i'm glad nobody is speaking english in this verse or else "haiz" would rhyme a little with "mace" wouldn't it

Actually there are several English speakers if my memory serves me right.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3261 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
*zombie voice* the hair!

If it was the watching of Disney movies that influenced these, than I must disagree. These are so pretty and well-colored :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3262 on: July 17, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »
Actually there are several English speakers if my memory serves me right.
unless they teach haiz the word "mace" it'll be juuuuuust fiiiiine

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3263 on: July 17, 2015, 07:42:52 PM »
Regarding the use of crazy/sane to describe characters I realise that I use the word "crazy" quite a bit instead of "very" (e.g. "that's some crazy awesome skillz there :P ). I never really thought about it because it's a relatively common way of speaking where I grew up, but if that's bothering anyone I'll try to stop because I really wouldn't want to be hurting anyone unintentionally  :-\ (it's how I naturally speak, so probz won't be perfect straight away, but I'd be making a conscious effort so it would be better)

Haiz: Wait, is this character development I see here, in the guise of a funny comic? A very funny comic at that  ;D and promoting an understanding of the under-appreciated awesomeness and actual competence of team 2? Had a good laugh looking at this and I'm sorry to agree with the others, but I really don't think a future as a mace is a good one for you. Maybe stick with the mage-ing for now.....

Eeeerm, no, watching disney movies is the best idea if you get results like this from it. Phhhhht, as if I needed an extra excuse to watch disney movies, but I'll take it :P *watches disney movies all day tomorrow telling family it is for the sake of producing drawings of awesomeness like mad robin*
I've managed to finish an art trade today despite the mind numbness I've been feeling for days, weee. This time it's Gwenno's self-insert!

So apparently I'm one of the many people who decided to draw her grinning :p I hope you like it~
Aeeeeeeeee ^_^ Like it? I LOVE IT  ;D This is just so fantastically cool >"< lookit that freaking perspective, and you can practically hear the  whooshing of the movement, and see how all the serious colours are making the scene seem crazy intense and exciting and dangerous and heeeeeeeeeeeek  ;D - haha *that* is the smile you see when you're about to get your butt handed to you is what it is :P Ah, your style makes me feel like I've been transported into one of my favourite cartoons and I love it so much and feel so lucky ^_^ Thank you thankyouthankyou!

Heheh, regarding the grinning, there is a reason why most of the pictures show that, which is that there's just too much awesomeness and fun for any other expressions to make sense :P I'm one of those annoying people who run off enthusiasm and my 'sona is obviously going to be the same

WIP on Fimby, because I wanted to draw the glorious leader of group 2. My arm is starting to hurt so it won't be finished tonight, though.
Not gonna lie, I'm super excited to see what the finished troll looks like :P just don't push yourself too hard doing these okay, you've been producing these drawings so consistently and it is impressive as hell, so a day or two (or three) to chill would be understandable. (Clarity's expression on the last picture was totes awesome btw, not sure if I was supposed to laugh, but I did :)
Commenting system is being straaaaange and putting this as a quote *_*
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3264 on: July 18, 2015, 03:44:25 AM »
Looking great already! That is one mean looking axe!

I'm pretty sure I've never said that! It's not objectively true anyways.
Thank you! I went back and you're right you never said that. My silly overactive imagination inferred it som something else you said, and overactive imaginations are something that can be a dangerous thing indeed in the internet. Ahaha I feel stupid now, but it feels good to have admitted it, at least.
Apparently I missed this part (due to panicking a bit about possibly having insulted someone's dialect). Uh, thanks, it ... actually makes me really happy to hear that! In most cases (other forums etc.) I'm the one to have senpai moments, haha.

:D
Seems I go to sleep just when the forum goes most active!
Mad Robin, I agree with the others: Your art is great, and getting better. Both Mimmi and Karri look so sweet!

Not gonna lie, I'm super excited to see what the finished troll looks like :P just don't push yourself too hard doing these okay, you've been producing these drawings so consistently and it is impressive as hell, so a day or two (or three) to chill would be understandable. (Clarity's expression on the last picture was totes awesome btw, not sure if I was supposed to laugh, but I did :)
Commenting system is being straaaaange and putting this as a quote *_*

Thank you! Clarity described a "super goofy laugh/grin out of both excitement and fear" and I'm glad that came through.
(I spotted why the commenting system was misbehaving btw, when you quoted me the "/" (which signals that something has ended) had dissappeared from the last ["/quote"] bracket and made it treat all following text as a quote, too. )

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3265 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:07 AM »
I'm going camping for a few days so anyone doing art trades with me, if you post something, PM me so I don't miss it! I would hate for that to happen. (This also goes for anything anyone wants me to see for the next few days)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3266 on: July 18, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »

EeeeEeeEEee!
Aaaaawwww, Mimmi looks like such a cutie! Watching Disney movies before drawing is the MOST BEST idea, and do I have permission now to draw your character all fun and animated? I love all the details you put into this, you even did the knit patterns on the sleeves and pockets! You did a great job, her outfit is the cutest, now I'ma draw Marja in cute clothes that may not be cannon, there's no stopping me now, muahaha!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3267 on: July 18, 2015, 06:20:08 PM »

*zombie voice* the hair!

And one important lesson I've learned. Watching disney movies before drawing is the worst idea.[/spoiler]

This art is gorgeous! The colours and the background are amazing - and Mimmi looks so cute!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #3268 on: July 18, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT SEE THIS OMG I LOVE IT, THANK YOU SO MUCH WOW

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #3269 on: July 19, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »
Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches.

Hi Daéa! I know it's been a few days since you put this up (I should really check in with this thread more often :-[) but I just wanted to say how AWESOME your art style is and how perfectly in character you always depict my sona. Thank you so much for your drawings!  ;D

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: