Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843298 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3165 on: July 14, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Adrai /Chandler: I hope the coloring is all right
Chandler's uniform isn't really that different from present day, I think. Something went a bit wonky with this one, to my eye. Probably the angle of the face, but I don't have the patience to redraw it  it's too late to fix now

WIPs:

*EDIT* colours updated
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:46:18 PM by Unlos »

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3166 on: July 14, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »
'Dr Adamsson's private reserve' mostly consists of whatever his paycheck will allow for at the end of the month. Science doesn't pay as well as you'd hope it would. Still, with the chemical storerooms just down the corridor full of reagent-grade ethanol, a primitive Irish Coffee probably isn't too hard to whip up if the situation calls for it.

And with all these cries of 'dangerous research' and 'unstable explosives laden with death gas', the situation might yet call for it.  ;)

Honestly, I'd like to think I'm a much more level-headed person than my self-insert. But it's just way more fun this way!

Julian would like to remind everyone, again, that the grenades are perfectly safe if handled correctly. And after all, you're meant to use them on big nests that would otherwise require a full cleanse cycle. They have a ten minute fuse - plenty of time to vacate the building - and only release enough gas to make the building they were deployed on hazardous. Just remember to stand upwind to be on the safe side.
The large spray of napalm/thermite when they go off, well, that might cause a rapidly spreading fire. Might want to keep the engine of your tank running. Better safe than sorry!

I'm trying to make Julian one of those people who just gets more and more worrying the more they try and put you at ease. By the sounds of it, I think I might be succeeding.  :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3167 on: July 14, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »
Julian would like to remind everyone, again, that the grenades are perfectly safe if handled correctly. And after all, you're meant to use them on big nests that would otherwise require a full cleanse cycle. They have a ten minute fuse - plenty of time to vacate the building - and only release enough gas to make the building they were deployed on hazardous. Just remember to stand upwind to be on the safe side.
The large spray of napalm/thermite when they go off, well, that might cause a rapidly spreading fire. Might want to keep the engine of your tank running. Better safe than sorry!

I'm trying to make Julian one of those people who just gets more and more worrying the more they try and put you at ease. By the sounds of it, I think I might be succeeding.  :D

Ah, the "keep them guessing about my disposition/sanity" type, I know it well.
Might as well yot the safety instructions down on a post-it, otherwise they could risk being tl:dr'd.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3168 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
Ah, the "keep them guessing about my disposition/sanity" type, I know it well.
Might as well jot the safety instructions down on a post-it, otherwise they could risk being tl:dr'd.

Julian isn't quite at the FIMBY NO level yet, but he's getting there. 

Sara has plenty of practice with a benign facial expression concealing severe disquiet on hearing Julian's latest bright idea.  Luckily, most of those ideas don't go as pear-shaped as she imagines...   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3169 on: July 14, 2015, 04:59:41 PM »

YOU'RE DOING IT JUST FINE  B E L I E V E  M E

I could describe my morals as 'high but not necessarily good' and people using me makes really freaking angry even though I'm glad to help, so prepare Julian for a punch in the face if this gets any worse. Just saying. Well, like, the stomach, because the face is really bony.

And Julian making a big mistake asking Alexis to do any modifications to the grenades like- What sort of magic did was even done to the grenades -Finnish or Icelandic?-, Alexis just barely counts as a mage, even though his magic is pretty powerful, it's not in any way controlled and never mind about what I said about him being too stubborn to learn Finnish, if he considers it important, he'll try. Same for Icelandic, especially if its the English of the Y90 or whatnot.
But he's not a trained mage. He is a not trained mage. He is not a trained mage.

And he can't science either. This is all your fault and somebody is going to die.

And you better hope those grenades are used correctly. (They probably will, since everybody has more common sense than Julian. And by that, I mean never used at all. Ever)

(it would be kinda funny if alexis screwed up the bomb so bad it made flowers grow or something)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3170 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »

Actually, Sara is a great believer in cookery as an important cultural marker, so she'd be all for retrieving antique cookbooks and resurrecting Old World ingredients.  (Ever since she was a little girl, she's wanted to try this fairy-tale stuff called "Coca-Cola" that her grandparents were so nostalgic about.)

It's good to know!
Would she mind some private business to expand their the world's knowledge of Old World cuisine? No one will know about it, promise! ;)
Helga's childhood fairy tales were about cinnamon rolls, saffron buns and sweet, spicy Yule cakes.

Julian please, keep the experiments in the laboratory. And give back the baking soda!
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3171 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
YOU'RE DOING IT JUST FINE  B E L I E V E  M E

I could describe my morals as 'high but not necessarily good' and people using me makes really freaking angry even though I'm glad to help, so prepare Julian for a punch in the face if this gets any worse. Just saying. Well, like, the stomach, because the face is really bony.

OK, that's a bit... much. I feel like I should refer you to the part where Julian asked Alexis for help:
I wouldn't describe that as 'using' your ssssona. Julian doesn't go into a lot of detail because, well, these grenades are a bit of a trial run and he might not technically be supposed to be handing them out yet. But Karri has the manual for you to read - and please remember that Team 2 has the option of not using these things. (And Alexis does get warned to be careful!) All Julian would want Alexis to do is make sure they do go off - some fail, for unknown reasons - from a safe distance. Which, from your description of your 'make explosions bigger' spell, he believes Alexis can do. Whether Alexis can or will is a different matter, of course.

Julian please, keep the experiments in the laboratory. And give back the baking soda!
But I wanted to make a volcano! It's an old world tradition!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3172 on: July 14, 2015, 06:31:06 PM »
OK, that's a bit... much. I feel like I should refer you to the part where Julian asked Alexis for help:
SORRY

I DON'T THINK THINGS THOUGH OKAY
THAT ALSO APPLIES TO ALEXIS

and im just really on edge about people not telling me everything for various reasons and dont think things though and i kinda forgot about the maunal yay im an idiot

im out goodbye

sorry for being so worried about everything even when you said its probaly not going to blow in Julian's face
(but im still worried and idk alexis probably wont actually if you look at it from his perspective. woops. )
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:47:40 PM by KicknRun »

Icon drawn by Piney

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #3173 on: July 14, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
Adrai /Chandler: I hope the coloring is all right
Chandler's uniform isn't really that different from present day, I think. Something went a bit wonky with this one, to my eye. Probably the angle of the face, but I don't have the patience to redraw it  it's too late to fix now

WIPs:

HOLY *Positive expletive deleted*!!!

Missed this earlier, and what the wow?! The coloring isn't only "alright", it's almost perfectly exact! The only two things are darker hair and a bit darker of a jacket, but daaang, for having no color reference and only one wonky sketch to go off of, that's... well, you just made my day.
(Of course, I've been doing a major overhaul of what my Self-Insert is like, but EH, I think I like this more than what I'm coming up with :P)
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3174 on: July 15, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)
Goes left to right by page
GROUP 2 TRAINING MONTAGE TO "I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU"!

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3175 on: July 15, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
Wow, Gwenno, that's an impressive work with a lot of SSSSonas ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3176 on: July 15, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)
[true beauty]

This is so cute and hilarious and all spot on :D This is true perfection and I LOVE IT!!!
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3177 on: July 15, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
Gwenno: Ahhh, this is BRILLIANT!! I don't know where to start, this is just amazing! ;D
Is it Piney putting on the glasses on the bottom of page 6?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3178 on: July 15, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »

I CAN'T ACTUALLY SEE THE IMAGES(curse you crappy internet) BUT I AM SURE THIS WAS A WISE DECISION

also- blushes with embrassment- alexis is in group two, but its a bureaucratic mistake, he's really supposed to be in group 3, but somebody read cleanser in training on his form and put him in group 2. sorry for confusing everybody- but i assure you, he would totally join in

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3179 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »
Gwenno: Ahhh, this is BRILLIANT!! I don't know where to start, this is just amazing! ;D
Is it Piney putting on the glasses on the bottom of page 6?

No, I think it's Lt. Karri again, as at the top of p. 2. 

This is so delightful and funny, I can't even...  I love that they seem to be learning Parkour and tai chi (maybe even bo staff fighting) as well as basic gun drill.  (Also the whole idea of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is doubly hilarious given the gender makeup of the team.)
Will you provide the names or some narrative background for some of the scenes? 

Oh, and the last line is maybe the best -- where Haiz says "Oh my gosh, Lára, they're doing a montage!  We need a Team 3 montage, now!"

The gauntlet has been thrown... 8)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: