Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843076 times)

Fenris

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3090 on: July 12, 2015, 06:18:53 AM »
Sunflower: Yes, one of the runes hit Kurt in the head. How rude! :P
Damned mages. Why did we bring them along, again? Also, really good job on the drawings.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3091 on: July 12, 2015, 07:57:30 AM »

Solid stuff as usual. I like how there's always a good mix between squad members chilling out and squad members charging about like headless chickens in your pictures.

God level colouring, well worth the wait I'd say.

As for me I've not had much time for art, but at least I did manage to draw Marja

Also working on figuring out that Tumblr-mcthingie to have an additional venue for art, since it seems to be the go-to site for such nowadays.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3092 on: July 12, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »
Fimby, would you by any chance be interested in doing an art trade if maybe you have time? (it's totally ok if you don't have time though, I understand crazy schedules and stuff)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3093 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:37 AM »
Fimby, would you by any chance be interested in doing an art trade if maybe you have time? (it's totally ok if you don't have time though, I understand crazy schedules and stuff)

I'm interested, I just don't have the time right now unfortunately (working on another art trade, the art collab and several non-trade pieces). I'll let you know when I'm less bogged down. It's better that way, you won't have to wait and I won't have to feel guilty for making you wait  ;)

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #3094 on: July 12, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
i think i'm just having a weird day, and maybe this shouldn't go here, but i want everyone to know that you are all such awesome people and artists. i really appreciate all the art and self-insert stuff everyone has going. and i don't mean just the people who've drawn Ilmari, i mean everyone. it's great just getting on the board or tumblr and seeing all this great stuff. it really feels like everyone is pretty close. i don't feel like i post enough or interact for people to get to know me, and writing has been hard lately, so i haven't really been sharing much at all

but i'm really happy to have found this fandom and i didn't know where else to say this
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3095 on: July 12, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
i think i'm just having a weird day, and maybe this shouldn't go here, but i want everyone to know that you are all such awesome people and artists. i really appreciate all the art and self-insert stuff everyone has going. and i don't mean just the people who've drawn Ilmari, i mean everyone. it's great just getting on the board or tumblr and seeing all this great stuff. it really feels like everyone is pretty close. i don't feel like i post enough or interact for people to get to know me, and writing has been hard lately, so i haven't really been sharing much at all

but i'm really happy to have found this fandom and i didn't know where else to say this

I agree 100%, and you put it into words very well. We really are an amazing community and I never thought I would find so many awesome people through one common interest.

On another note: Thank you for all the feedback on the fashion sketches! :)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3096 on: July 12, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »

I also agree with you! This is quite a lovely corner of the internet we have here :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3097 on: July 12, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »
Ohhhh wow, so much beautiful art!
Here's a coupla art trades!

North, you ended up looking kinda sickly. Oops.
Also, I realised that I'm bad at drawing loose clothing about halfway through your inking, Willow. I'm sorry. :P

In other news, I'll be outside Internet for about a week, so... if I'm not replying to PMs or something, that's why.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3098 on: July 12, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
Fimbulvarg, good job in Marja. I really like what you do (sorry if I repeat myself).
Noodly, I agree that loose clothing is a challenge, but I think you did very well, both on the hoodie and pants. I definitely see an improvement in shadowing and poses since you first started posting.
FeartheViolas: I agree with Gwenno and Melusine, that marsh (or whatever the place is) looked like a scary, lonely and sad place. Very athmospheric.
PrinceofDoom:D

I was going to draw Matthew today but when I had done the basic sketch and was entering the details I saw that their nickname was sparrow - and so they have to be a flyer. So scout of the day is KMK.

WIP's and reference:
Spoiler: show
https://bastardsofistanbul.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/parkourwall.jpg

For the final image, I added backlight and a background.

Hey, I've drawn half our scouts already (but only half of those in cool dynamic poses, aww)
Solokov:   x
Hanna:   X
Elisabeth:   
Shane:   X
Ilmari:    x
Claire:   
Emil?:    
Adrai:    
Frenci:    
Sabrina:    
Riika:   X
Matthew:   
Clara:    x
KMK:      X
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:59:56 PM by Unlos »

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3099 on: July 12, 2015, 04:34:58 PM »
Oh, it was a hard day. But one interesting thought came to my mind: what if I'll draw a normal background for once in my life. Here's what happened in the end.
It's time for Keeper's Madeline to take off glasses.

Eeeeeeeee thank you, Fimbulvarg! Your style is adorable! Looks so simple and beautiful. And yaay! - my half is finished too.
Another boring day, I guess?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3100 on: July 12, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
Oh, it was a hard day. But one interesting thought came to my mind: what if I'll draw a normal background for once in my life. Here's what happened in the end.

Eeeeeeeee thank you, Fimbulvarg! Your style is adorable! Looks so simple and beautiful. And yaay! - my half is finished too.

Both of these are great!

Mélusine

« Reply #3101 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »

Wow, I like your drawings a lot ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3102 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:39 PM »

Oh my gosh!!! That's amazing! You made her look so pretty and I LOVE the background! Yes, the glasses are coming off- I actually used to wear my glasses only in school where I needed them most, but now I wear them all day for convenience. It's been a while since a picture has been taken of me without my glasses, so the drawing makes me really happy! :) And you even got the hair just right.
I really like what you did with Fimbulvarg's too. His character handles troll fights much better than mine does, it seems.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3103 on: July 12, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
Ohhhh wow, so much beautiful art!
Here's a coupla art trades!

North, you ended up looking kinda sickly. Oops.
Also, I realised that I'm bad at drawing loose clothing about halfway through your inking, Willow. I'm sorry. :P

In other news, I'll be outside Internet for about a week, so... if I'm not replying to PMs or something, that's why.

Maybe North is a little cold? Her face looks a little like Emil's face after staying out in the rain for a while.
These are beautiful! I really like North's pose.

I was going to draw Matthew today but when I had done the basic sketch and was entering the details I saw that their nickname was sparrow - and so they have to be a flyer. So scout of the day is KMK.

Your drawings keep getting better, have I already said that? The lighting is amazing, and I'm loving all the parkour poses! :)

Madeline looks really cute, and Fimbulvarg has that "'tis but a scratch" face on.
These are so great!! I love the expressions on both drawings!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3104 on: July 12, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »

Ooh, that's nice! And doubly good timing to, not only did we post on the same day, but I also just had some waffles with lots of raspberry jam so the sticky stuff in the face seems very appropriate. I like the relaxed posture, I think it's a first for that. And the background goes very well with the actual drawing! I often compliment people on this but the way you drew the sash is very very nice (I swear I didn't add it just to make things difficult for people).