Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842853 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2835 on: July 02, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »
I edited the face and added a fireball because well fireballs are cool and though slightly out of minnaverse still within selfinsertverse, riiight? Right?
I tried to go for a neutral face, but got the puppy-face instead, so sorry..

Ooo, now that picture I think I'd have on *my* bedroom wall.  ;D Next to the propaganda poster LOOney_DAC described in his latest fic, of Emil looking ultra-badass as the Hero of Karlstad. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:20:55 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2836 on: July 02, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »
Woot another art trade, sorry it took so long!

This time for mithrysc, of her book binder Mith. I was inspired by her amazing use of limited color palettes, and the creepy-pretty creatures she designed for Inktober. So the idea behind this is that book binders take the lost stories of the old world, and bring them back to life. Or something cool like that, totally not an excuse for me to draw a cool spirit dragon thingy.

Done with charcoal and conte pencils on toned paper, which I'm pretty happy with, haven't used them in a while .

Whoo, have a blue one too, cuz' I like the way it looks
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2837 on: July 02, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Woot another art trade, sorry it took so long!

This time for mithrysc, of her book binder Mith. I was inspired by her amazing use of limited color palettes, and the creepy-pretty creatures she designed for Inktober. So the idea behind this is that book binders take the lost stories of the old world, and bring them back to life. Or something cool like that, totally not an excuse for me to draw a cool spirit dragon thingy.

Done with charcoal and conte pencils on toned paper, which I'm pretty happy with, haven't used them in a while .

AHHHH I chose the right time to log on!

The dragon-spirit creature. And the shading! And the details! And the back-story-thing!

In short, it's amazing enough for me to use up my monthly quota of exclamation points, and I love it. Thanks!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2838 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »

Ooh, what a pretty spirit-dragon-thingy! :) I really like the effect the toned paper has.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2839 on: July 02, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »
AHHHH I chose the right time to log on!

The dragon-spirit creature. And the shading! And the details! And the back-story-thing!

In short, it's amazing enough for me to use up my monthly quota of exclamation points, and I love it. Thanks!

Whoa, instant gratification!

I'm so glad you like it, because I LOVED the one you did for me, so I wanted to make something super cool! And I made her not looking not quite as pissed off as she usually is, mainly because I felt that she'd be happiest doing her job and looking at pretty old books. No one can be grumpy around old books!  :D
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2840 on: July 02, 2015, 05:33:22 PM »
Whoa, instant gratification!
Deservedly instantaneous, actually.
Those pictures are amazing.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2841 on: July 02, 2015, 05:47:40 PM »
Aaahhhh all of this amazing stuff makes me wanna do more art trades but traaaaaaaveeelll *headdesk*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2842 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:50 PM »
Nice! :)
Solokov's coat is a mistery yet to be fully understood. And is that the Blorptroll?
Nah, it was a wolf skeleton base with a few *tweaks* to make it creepier, I guess all trolls end up looking like Blorptroll after a while though :P

Gwenno, I love the way your pictures always have a story, with beautifully detailed and softly watercolored people and backgrounds.
Thank you so much :D I think that may be the loveliest compliment I've ever had for my pictures (The stories are the most important thing I try to put into every picture, even if it's just one frame of the whole scenario I've concocted in my head I want to show that. I'm so happy to see that that aspect is appreciated)

And then I made a slightly more effort-sketch of Ragnaroks ssssona Arbet. That guy is oozing Frank Miller superhero with a dash of V-dystopia, so I tried hard for the superhero style:

And then for my own amusement, a version with clothes he has scrounged from the silent world
Spoiler: show
(had I thought of it, the T-shirt would say "Kiss the Cook". Arbet wouldn't understand the wording, nor would he care if he did, is my guess. It's comfortable clothes. )

Okay, now I'm going to admit that I thought those poses on the side were suppose to be manly sparkles at first  ??? (think Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist), but that is a helluva awesome picture, and I'm impressed with all the muscles and anatomy stuff! Your people drawings are definitely getting more realistic. I'm getting the distinct vibe that I should NOT get in a fight with this dude……

Alethryia - Ooooh, so pretty! I agree with everyone saying it looks elfin and I think the little background details are great, not to mention the feeling of Matthew facing into the wind ^_^

KicknRun - Uh yeah, also wouldn't want to get into a fight with this version… This is very atmospheric and totally radiates the creepiness which I think you were trying to go for  :o

Trinka - This is beyooootiful! As in, this is positively lovely and amazing and I don't care if I'm inflating your ego here, you've got to hear it. I'm also impressed with the creative way you decided to depict your art trade and I think everyone else is as well :D

Have slightly more free time now if anyone would be keen for art trades? :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:11:32 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2843 on: July 02, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »
SO MUCH NICE ARTS
I...... I meant to add an art trade I STARTED WORKING ON but it's getting too late and for once I'm making a responsible decision and not finishing it today.

in the meantime

have this sketch of Haiz in uniform
ze finds it hella uncomfortable and is never seen wearing it. but ze owns one. because protocol or something
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2844 on: July 02, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »

"bring it"- Haiz, Y90.
Very intimidating. O.o

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2845 on: July 02, 2015, 07:46:31 PM »
Last of the Kell's inspired work, Von is the most determined mage- nothing will stand in her way!

Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #2846 on: July 02, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »
@Trinka How the heck do you dish out so many drawings with contestant quality throughout the week? I find that amazing haha cx

I'm not sure what to say but this is gorgeous. What's the secret to have colors "pop-out" on brown paper? I tried my hand on it several times but I kept on failing :P

I've never commented on your art before; I've just been simply admiring it from afar. I really like how you handle watercolours, so clean *-*
Von looks so adorable and I love the fact that you emulated Kell's artstyle perfectly ❤

Aaaand here's my part of an art trade for Curry. Karri is possibly having one of those rare moments where they're a total badass for a little while before reverting back to her usual self.

Also, Curry, I could send you/upload the psd file if you want~
Anyone interested in an AT? That is if anyone doesn't mind waiting for a while.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:05:49 PM by Kizzy »
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2847 on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
Unlos: The drawings are really cool! Now I have a reference for Arbet on the Group 2 picture! ;)

Trinka: Wow, that's gorgeous!! I really like the dragon thing, it almost looks like Mith has a pet dragon that helps her on her book binding! Also, I think it would be nice to read a fairy tale book illustrated by you.

Haiz: SO CUTE!! (I know, I know, you're a powerful mage and blah blah... whatever. You're cute, there's no escape from it.) The "bring it" face, I love it.

Alethryia: I really like the colors in this. And the flowercrown! <3

Kizzy: What a cool dynamic pose!! Love it! For a moment I thought "hold on, is that a pokeball... oh, it's a grenade, got it"  ;D

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2848 on: July 02, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »
Aaaand here's my part of an art trade for Curry. Karri is possibly having one of those rare moments where they're a total badass for a little while before reverting back to their usual self.

Also, Curry, I could send you/upload the psd file if you want~
Anyone interested in an AT? That is if anyone doesn't mind waiting for a while.

AHHHH THIS IS SO COOL!! :)) It looks so cool, and I really love the hair shape and coloring and eeeeeeee this is so on point :O
YEET

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2849 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:14 PM »

Okay, now I'm going to admit that I thought those poses on the side were suppose to be manly sparkles at first  ??? (think Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist), but that is a helluva awesome picture, and I'm impressed with all the muscles and anatomy stuff! Your people drawings are definitely getting more realistic. I'm getting the distinct vibe that I should NOT get in a fight with this dude……

That vibe is your survival instinct. It is correct. Not only will you die if you fight, but it will be gory and excessively painful.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.