Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842272 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2820 on: July 01, 2015, 11:30:40 PM »
Ooh, okay... I thought it was darker, and that's how I drew him in the group picture. So I thought wrong, oops. ::)

It's fine Daéa! IRL I have super dark brown almost black hair. I've just been using laufey's water color pic (which was the first done in color of my insert) for the colors. ^ - ^ and honestly I'm never hard to please.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2821 on: July 02, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
 :'( I even did a search for "mathew" with Ctrl+F in the pinterest board to try to find more art samples.

Honestly, I figures it would be darker given his cultural heratige, although I guess enough pairings of heterozygous/homozygous for light-hair parents he could end up with lighter hair. *Shrug*

I will happily darken it if that's preferred DancingRanger, it'd be like a 20 second fix with watercolors....  ;D
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2822 on: July 02, 2015, 09:36:47 AM »
Ha, I love it! She is definitely not eating any mushrooms she finds at all. She's probably just amazed at the size of it. Thank you so much!
Sounds like a good idea, mushrooms can be pretty scary if you don't know which are good and bad :I Glad you like it! I'm not too fond of working with coloured pencils, so my favourite part was her cloak and the clothes ;D
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2823 on: July 02, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
Those of you who wanted a tutorial for the origami accordion troll, it now exists in the origami thread :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2824 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
:'( I even did a search for "mathew" with Ctrl+F in the pinterest board to try to find more art samples.

Honestly, I figures it would be darker given his cultural heratige, although I guess enough pairings of heterozygous/homozygous for light-hair parents he could end up with lighter hair. *Shrug*

I will happily darken it if that's preferred DancingRanger, it'd be like a 20 second fix with watercolors....  ;D

It's fine ^ _ ^  you can if you want to.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2825 on: July 02, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
Oh my gosh that was unexpected! It's beautiful :D Thank you!!  ;D (yeah, probably it's still scared of Haiz. It's not normal begging like that instead of yelling AAAEEEØØØØÅAÅAÅÅÅ hahah!)
As for y'all, your drawings are awesomely cool! And welcome to new 'sonas ^w^

I'm glad you like it! I didn't feel quite finished with your ssssona after our art-trade, as my effort in those have kind of escalated. And Galatea is super fun to draw!

Ohh, you did a good job on these!! I specially like Galatea's pose! And Blorptroll isn't screaming at all?? How this?
Thank you! I don't know what happened to Blorp, it has perhaps eaten its fill of slugs and is not hungry for once?

Alethryia, beautiful job on DancingRanger. Gwenno, I love the way your pictures always have a story, with beautifully detailed and softly watercolored people and backgrounds.

For the newcomers, I'd like to collect your stuff on this pinterest board, if you'll give me permission here :)

And then I made a slightly more effort-sketch of Ragnaroks ssssona Arbet. That guy is oozing Frank Miller superhero with a dash of V-dystopia, so I tried hard for the superhero style:

And then for my own amusement, a version with clothes he has scrounged from the silent world
Spoiler: show
(had I thought of it, the T-shirt would say "Kiss the Cook". Arbet wouldn't understand the wording, nor would he care if he did, is my guess. It's comfortable clothes. )
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:40:59 PM by Unlos »

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2826 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

And then I made a slightly more effort-sketch of Ragnaroks ssssona Arbet. That guy is oozing Frank Miller superhero with a dash of V-dystopia, so I tried hard for the superhero style:

And then for my own amusement, a version with clothes he has scrounged from the silent world
(had I thought of it, the T-shirt would say "Kiss the Cook". Arbet wouldn't understand the wording, nor would he care if he did, is my guess. It's comfortable clothes. )

Uh...wow....that is not at all how I expected him to look. But awesome. So awesome.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2827 on: July 02, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
I made a slightly more effort-sketch of Ragnaroks ssssona Arbet. That guy is oozing Frank Miller superhero with a dash of V-dystopia, so I tried hard for the superhero style:

AWESOME.

I have a feeling that if the Silent World ever admitted Arbet's existence and put him on WANTED posters (or if the story was covered in the papers), pictures of him would quickly become verrrry popular.  Especially in teenagers' bedrooms.   8)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2828 on: July 02, 2015, 01:47:18 PM »
AWESOME.

I have a feeling that if the Silent World ever admitted Arbet's existence and put him on WANTED posters (or if the story was covered in the papers), pictures of him would quickly become verrrry popular.  Especially in teenagers' bedrooms.   8)

Can't...stop....laughing.....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2829 on: July 02, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
Uh...wow....that is not at all how I expected him to look. But awesome. So awesome.

Heh, I'm glad you like it! If you want a variant without all the little stick men I did trying out poses, let me know :D (feels insanely flattered that you chose to use it as an avatar)

AWESOME.

Hahaha of COURSE! (I did look up some pictures of Wolverine for inspiration) If the government ever decides to throw money and military resources after this fellow, they could be stopped by an army of fangirling teenagers.

North: Goodlooking Art-trade, I agree with Daéa that she does look like a wizard in that picture

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2830 on: July 02, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »
Heh, I'm glad you like it! If you want a variant without all the little stick men I did trying out poses, let me know :D (feels insanely flattered that you chose to use it as an avatar)

Hey, if you can get one that isn't quite so....pissed-off-looking, that would be great!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2831 on: July 02, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
Hey, if you can get one that isn't quite so....pissed-off-looking, that would be great!

I edited the face and added a fireball because well fireballs are cool and though slightly our of minnaverse still within selfinsertverse, rigght? Right?
I tried to go for a neutral face, but got the puppy-face instead, so sorry..

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2832 on: July 02, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
Thanks!

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2833 on: July 02, 2015, 04:15:35 PM »
not to undermine unlos or anything (this is too awful to undermine unlos) but i drew Abret. But like, how I thought he looked

and this is why i don't do digital art without a traditional base(and he's all grey  because that guy can't be all that colorful and also because i didn't feel like coloring)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2834 on: July 02, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »
The shadowy effect is pretty much what happens when he uses his powers.